Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yet another log on the "cheap f*** Kraft running things into the ground" fire.

$51m in cap space going into the season now

More cap room next offseason the better. This is an excellent trade Falcons probably miss the playoffs. Trying to win the first year after Bill with a rookie QB that is younger than all the other ones in his class would be stupid. NFL rewards bottoming out. We'll get the best college player and can write all the UFAs blank checks and there are some nice pieces around the roster.

I think the Jets/Fins/Bills are all close to falling apart and sucking. Hopefully we can get decent picks for Bourne and Henry. Maybe Ramondre.

Would people rather go 8-9?

KOZ37

May 17, 2010

I have a feeling they will be adding to that. If they are as bad as expected, they should be able to trade back to a QB needy team next year for a decent haul. Hopefully get a LT or best available.

What a pathetic, joke organization. You can pay everyone around Judon but not him? What the f*** is going on in Foxboro??!! They are making it easier and easier to not give a f*** about them
They probably felt he doesn't fit the timeline based on his age and recent injury. Once they lost Barmore they likely figured it was best to move on and look to next year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have a feeling they will be adding to that. If they are as bad as expected, they should be able to trade back to a QB needy team next year for a decent haul. Hopefully get a LT or best available.

They probably felt he doesn't fit the timeline based on his age and recent injury. Once they lost Barmore they likely figured it was best to move on and look to next year.
What happened to trying to at least field a competent team? Look I'll happily eat my words if they end up doing well this season but the way this has all gone down leaves a real sour taste behind.

Reactions: KOZ37

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
What happened to trying to at least field a competent team? Look I'll happily eat my words if they end up doing well this season but the way this has all gone down leaves a real sour taste behind.
Without a passable offensive line this team has little chance of being competent unfortunately. I think they are being realistic about it. If they were not going to sign Judon to an extension it made sense to move him for a 3rd now rather than lose him for nothing. I hope they can at least be fun to watch. They have 2 years to turn it around as I think the other teams in the division may start to trend down by then.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
This was the right move. He’s going to be 32 tomorrow. By the time they get this thing going again he will be 34 or 35 when he would be far past his prime. Trade him now for the 3rd and not risk him getting injured during the year with no trade value. I like Judon too. This season should be about getting some young guys reps.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This was the right move. He’s going to be 32 tomorrow. By the time they get this thing going again he will be 34 or 35 when he would be far past his prime. Trade him now for the 3rd and not risk him getting injured during the year with no trade value. I like Judon too. This season should be about getting some young guys reps.
I mean I am happy Atlanta overpaid for him but I really don't like how it all played out especially when we are continually fed the same we are committed to winning and all of that cliche bullshit. It just feels like nothing has changed in Foxboro

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What a pathetic, joke organization. You can pay everyone around Judon but not him? What the f*** is going on in Foxboro??!! They are making it easier and easier to not give a f*** about them
It’s actually a heck of a trade

I figured a 5th

Going to take a year or two to undue the shit job Belichick did

strange & Thornton
Ruining Mac
No coaches
Ju ju over Myers
The Eagles WR he cut Agohler
The TE Titans
Drafting Asiasi & Dalton Keene and cutting after 1 year

Belichick turned in the worst job I’ve seen in Boston sports

Atleast Bill is banging a 24 year old

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Back to the good old days

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Why do you want to go 8-9 the first year after Bill? That is the worst place to be.

Maye needs the Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes treatment hes the youngest QB that went in the first. Playing him this season would be a huge mistake.

An early 3rd is a huge return for an old player that is a big headache. This deal is excellent. NFL rewards bottoming out. I don't think Buffalo/NYJ/Miami are going to be good for very long either.

Reactions: rfournier103

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I mean I am happy Atlanta overpaid for him but I really don't like how it all played out especially when we are continually fed the same we are committed to winning and all of that cliche bullshit. It just feels like nothing has changed in Foxboro
Read "Tales from the sidelines" which outlines Patriots history up until 2003.
We're back to the Sullivan days it feels like.

Reactions: Alicat

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So they're in the first rotation around the toilet bowl basically.
Yes. Still a chance to get out of this.

What many people forget is that rebuilding takes time. The Patriots haven’t undergone a real rebuild since 1993 when Bill Parcells took over and there were definite growing pains. When Bill Belichick took over from Pete Carroll, the Patriots’ defense had many of the pieces in place already. It was the offense that needed all the work (sound familiar?)

This is going to take time, and it’s very possible that Mayo and Wolf will not survive to see the rebuild come to fruition. Whatever happens this season, the Patriots have no business drafting ANYONE other than the top offensive tackle in the 2025 draft.

The longest journey begins with a single step.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Whatever happens this season, the Patriots have no business drafting ANYONE other than the top offensive tackle in the 2025 draft.
If they could land a Chase/Jefferson level WR1 then I could except that. I'd be locked in on an LT in round 2 and another shortly after. Then you'd have 3 Tackles drafted by the new regime.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Depending how their college seasons go and where the Patriots pick in 2025 id like em to go

OT Campbell
WR Egbuka
RB Etienne with one their 3rds

The QB class is bleh next year anyways so if the Patriots were to get the 1st overall all trade it

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The people here who are intelligent and know sports if given this position 6 months ago would know very well they just inherited crap

So anyone expecting in 200 days they are turning this around is delusional and a typical whiney spoiled Boston sports fan

In my estimation it’s going to take 2 drafts and 2 FA

I’ll take 3-14 easy ~ Barmore out just ruined that interior rush and keeping Judon makes 0.0 sense based on everything the list is long - a 3 is a homerun.

They have a bad 11 on 11 against Eagles and being reported as if the invasion of Normandy

Any of you wanting Belichick or defending clearly haven’t been paying attention last 3-5 years

dictators don’t work even for a day - and that’s what Belichick became

Oh and anyone wanting Drake Maye to start

BWAHAHAHAH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
It’s actually a heck of a trade

I figured a 5th

Going to take a year or two to undue the shit job Belichick did

strange & Thornton
Ruining Mac
No coaches
Ju ju over Myers
The Eagles WR he cut Agohler
The TE Titans
Drafting Asiasi & Dalton Keene and cutting after 1 year

Belichick turned in the worst job I’ve seen in Boston sports

Atleast Bill is banging a 24 year old
I have to pat myself on the back today, I called a 3rd round pick as the return.
Great trade, frees up another 6.5M on the cap and I agree with what you say.
Once we get competitive again ( 3 years?) he will be way past his prime, might as well get something for him now.
This 3rd rounder should get us a pick between 79-85.

Reactions: DKH

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The people here who are intelligent and know sports if given this position 6 months ago would know very well they just inherited crap

So anyone expecting in 200 days they are turning this around is delusional and a typical whiney spoiled Boston sports fan
When you inherit crap the expectation shouldn't be that you go from having the #3 pick in the draft to being WORSE the following season. The bar was so low after last season they should already be in a better place right now. They had tons of cap space and a draft to make the team better. We're not talking playoff contender. But better than possibly the worst team in all of football. When you end up with Mayo as HC after not doing a search, promoting the GM from within, Alex Van Pelt. That is just an extremely lazy/cheap approach. So far it's not off to a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad