Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The people here who are intelligent and know sports if given this position 6 months ago would know very well they just inherited crap

So anyone expecting in 200 days they are turning this around is delusional and a typical whiney spoiled Boston sports fan

In my estimation it’s going to take 2 drafts and 2 FA

I’ll take 3-14 easy ~ Barmore out just ruined that interior rush and keeping Judon makes 0.0 sense based on everything the list is long - a 3 is a homerun.

They have a bad 11 on 11 against Eagles and being reported as if the invasion of Normandy

Any of you wanting Belichick or defending clearly haven’t been paying attention last 3-5 years

dictators don’t work even for a day - and that’s what Belichick became

Oh and anyone wanting Drake Maye to start

BWAHAHAHAH

No one was expecting a SB team this year, or even a playoff team. But the bar was on the floor and they still somehow went under it. They are operating like the As at the moment.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
No one was expecting a SB team this year, or even a playoff team. But the bar was on the floor and they still somehow went under it. They are operating like the As at the moment.
No way

They offered both WR Calvin Ridley & Branden Aiyuk overpayments / and Aiyuk $30 M

I don’t know how that is operating like the A’s

I Also think that was not smart by Wolfe

Once Barmore went down the correct thing to do was trade Judon and hope for a 4 (they got a 3)

Ideally be 13-4 or 4-13

So it’s 4-13 get top three pick
Trade for multiple picks back or draft a stud OT

See where Polk, Baker, Douglas are

Play young OL and hope one or more develop

If people are upset go watch some other shit you are front runner frauds

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I have to pat myself on the back today, I called a 3rd round pick as the return.
Great trade, frees up another 6.5M on the cap and I agree with what you say.
Once we get competitive again ( 3 years?) he will be way past his prime, might as well get something for him now.
This 3rd rounder should get us a pick between 79-85.
I see next season as a year they can get very competitive if things break correct

Parcells, Belichick, Fairbanks

After they had a year they were good - real good

I don't know why we go here with it. Why can't you be upset and still watch? This is like Mazz saying go live in Finland. They could have accomplished a lot more than they did even though it was just one offseason.
My opinion - I’ve got plenty of PM telling me I suck and no nothing about sports

One guy wants to fight me - an HF Bruins fan

I’m just sick of the negative shit

F Mazz

I’m preaching joy & hope with our Patriots

Reactions: KOZ37

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Barren landscape 1-16 front office last gasp save-the-season logo contest for your Bay State Patriots.

1723735165326.png

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
No way

They offered both WR Calvin Ridley & Branden Aiyuk overpayments / and Aiyuk $30 M

I don’t know how that is operating like the A’s

I Also think that was not smart by Wolfe

Once Barmore went down the correct thing to do was trade Judon and hope for a 4 (they got a 3)

Ideally be 13-4 or 4-13

So it’s 4-13 get top three pick
Trade for multiple picks back or draft a stud OT

See where Polk, Baker, Douglas are

Play young OL and hope one or more develop

If people are upset go watch some other shit you are front runner frauds

Weird, it's almost like you can be a fan and still watch the games while also pointing out that the team is being run into the ground thanks to a garbage shoestring methodology John Fisher would be proud of. Being a fan doesn't equal believing every line of bulls*** the org feeds to you.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Why do you want to go 8-9 the first year after Bill? That is the worst place to be.

Maye needs the Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes treatment hes the youngest QB that went in the first. Playing him this season would be a huge mistake.

An early 3rd is a huge return for an old player that is a big headache. This deal is excellent. NFL rewards bottoming out. I don't think Buffalo/NYJ/Miami are going to be good for very long either.
I don't care for losing. I remember the pre Brady-Belichick years well and I was really hoping we could avoid that this time.

I don't disagree about Maye and I actually think that it is a must that he remains the backup.

I don't think Judon is a headache. I think he had a legit gripe about not getting a contract and getting strung along while everyone around him was being signed.

I also agree that the other teams in the division will start to drop as well. I'm just really frustrated because I was hoping we'd be somewhat competitive this season but at this point, that is on me for not setting realistic expectations.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't care for losing. I remember the pre Brady-Belichick years well and I was really hoping we could avoid that this time.

I don't disagree about Maye and I actually think that it is a must that he remains the backup.

I don't think Judon is a headache. I think he had a legit gripe about not getting a contract and getting strung along while everyone around him was being signed.

I also agree that the other teams in the division will start to drop as well. I'm just really frustrated because I was hoping we'd be somewhat competitive this season but at this point, that is on me for not setting realistic expectations.

To add to this I have no desire to stick our young hopeful franchise QB with a no talent, dumpster fire of a team. You want your young QB to come into a good situation with quality pieces already around them. You dont wait for them to be good to start adding talent to the team.

Doing it the way they are is how a #3 pick turns becomes David Carr/Cade McNown instead of Josh Allen/Patrick Mahomes

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The only thing that's truly concerning to me is the lack of urgency in getting a functional offensive line. You'd think they want that after the last 2 years of Mac getting destroyed.

Well, he's not here anymore. So you can't blame him. That should of been priority #1 in the off-season. They're even afraid to put Maye back there. You better hope the guys you  do have, theres someone who can do the job. Otherwise you're gonna have the same problem.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm fine with the Judon trade. He was in his final year and at 32yrs he's a prime candidate to start to see a decline in his production. If you look at the defensive numbers from last year, they were still a very good defense without Judon.

As for tonight's game. I hope we get to see Maye for more than a series. I'm interested to see if Milton can build on a solid first pre-season game. If he and Zappe get a bulk of the snaps tonight I'm interested to see who can handle the breakdowns from the pass rush better.

Aside from that, for me its really just to see what young guy can step up and show that they can be a guy that can help the team win.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
My opinion - I’ve got plenty of PM telling me I suck and no nothing about sports

One guy wants to fight me - an HF Bruins fan

I’m just sick of the negative shit

F Mazz

I’m preaching joy & hope with our Patriots
So then don't contribute to it. I love your posting but if everyone who disagrees with you is a front runner user then you aren't really here for a discussion. We have this all over the site. "Agree with me or you are..... "

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The only thing that's truly concerning to me is the lack of urgency in getting a functional offensive line. You'd think they want that after the last 2 years of Mac getting destroyed.

Well, he's not here anymore. So you can't blame him. That should of been priority #1 in the off-season. They're even afraid to pur Maye back there. You better hope the guys you  do have, theres someone who can do the job. Otherwise you're gonna have the same problem.
Be patient, we drafted 2 linemen in 2024 and 3 in 2023.
They need time to develop.
We have so many holes to fill, you cannot fix everything overnight.

I'm fine with the Judon trade. He was in his final year and at 32yrs he's a prime candidate to start to see a decline in his production. If you look at the defensive numbers from last year, they were still a very good defense without Judon.

As for tonight's game. I hope we get to see Maye for more than a series. I'm interested to see if Milton can build on a solid first pre-season game. If he and Zappe get a bulk of the snaps tonight I'm interested to see who can handle the breakdowns from the pass rush better.

Aside from that, for me its really just to see what young guy can step up and show that they can be a guy that can help the team win.
It makes no sense to play JB tonight.
When Maye is in, they should be running the ball 80% of the time, get him used to handing off the ball.
When he does throw, make some screen passes and quick slant passes on the roll out.
I would like to see Milton play for at least one full quarter.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
It seems pretty clear to me. This is what a rebuild takes. A tank will be beneficial in the long term and its more exciting to watch next year's draft than a 6-10 team that loses every game 10-3

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Be patient, we drafted 2 linemen in 2024 and 3 in 2023.
They need time to develop.
We have so many holes to fill, you cannot fix everything overnight.

It makes no sense to play JB tonight.
When Maye is in, they should be running the ball 80% of the time, get him used to handing off the ball.
When he does throw, make some screen passes and quick slant passes on the roll out.
I would like to see Milton play for at least one full quarter.

I don't see an issue with giving him a series or two at the beginning of the game. You can deploy the same strategy for him that you do Maye. Mostly a running game with some quick passes sprinkled in.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I honestly could not be less excited for the season.

The only thing I care about is Maye not getting hurt, I'd probably just redshirt him and let Brissett and Zappe get sacrificed. Go 3-14 and pick the best LT you can get at the top of the draft.

The only thing I care about is Maye not getting hurt, I'd probably just redshirt him and let Brissett and Zappe get sacrificed. Go 3-14 and pick the best LT you can get at the top of the draft.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

I purposely took the extra few seconds to read your double post twice because it's exactly how I feel. :laugh:

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Patriots are like the post lockout/MOC blowup of the B’s.

No depth in key positions aside LB/CB. 100% turnover of coaching staff and guys that are going to be asked to play way above pay grade. Hopefully effort is there because W’s will be hard to come by.

Recipe for a bottom dweller record but as long as they are revuilding the right way that’s fine with me. What is stunning though is why the heck throw picks and 30M to Aiyuk who is very good but nor great. That just makes no sense at all given where they are in the rebuild. Makes you wonder wtf Wolf is thinking….

Brisset is a great guy and gamer but not a qb1 level, nevermind with a porous O line and limited weapons. Special teams is still a massive Q with the kicking game so even if they can play close, how many games are they going to gift because they cant score the easy pts.? And this D without Judon (right decision to trade imo) and Barmore is not striking fear into anyone.

Next 2-3 seasons are going to be tough but hopefully they can stick to a legit rebuild and not get caught up in trying to win Bob another one too early and screwing it up for the next decade.

How the mighty have fallen…. This generation of fans is going to have to deal with the same whit the old timers did in the 80’s and 90’s but they will appreciate the turnaround in time.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

It's his own fault, imo

Had he not acted like a fool showing up on the field that day, they might of gotten a deal done. Well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If you wanted to stay, you would of stayed. Now you can get that big contract you wanted pal. Enjoy.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
So was thinking what could have been had Ryland not kicked the 56 harder to beat Denver late in the year. One less win would have gotten us Jayden Daniels. Jayden Daniels could have secured Aiyuk agreeing to come here. Complexion of the team would have been quite different huh? I have no problem trading Judon. He is capable of having a monster game on defense to help steal a win.......this isn't the year to win more games.....that is next year.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
So was thinking what could have been had Ryland not kicked the 56 harder to beat Denver late in the year. One less win would have gotten us Jayden Daniels. Jayden Daniels could have secured Aiyuk agreeing to come here. Complexion of the team would have been quite different huh? I have no problem trading Judon. He is capable of having a monster game on defense to help steal a win.......this isn't the year to win more games.....that is next year.
Gotta at least see what Maye is before reviewing back to that game though imo.

Reactions: BradPark22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad