Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
was watching this last night and jesus…….how did our offensive line get as bad as it has?

All the time Brady had……think this was the last great OL Brady had……

They haven't had a serviceable LT in 5 years, their best guard is playing RT. They're one David Andrews injury away from Mafi being their starting center.

Wolf and Co dis nothing to improve the line and it absolutely should've been their priority in the draft and FA, but this also started a few years ago when Belichick put his trust in Trent Brown again, and discarded Shaq Mason for nothing

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
They haven't had a serviceable LT in 5 years, their best guard is playing RT. They're one David Andrews injury away from Mafi being their starting center.

Wolf and Co dis nothing to improve the line and it absolutely should've been their priority in the draft and FA, but this also started a few years ago when Belichick put his trust in Trent Brown again, and discarded Shaq Mason for nothing

I despised the Mason trade. Its like since then Bill hasnt given a shit about the line. Other than Michael O and Andrews all they have is crap and guys with potential.

Reactions: Midship

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Are we still blaming this on the greatest coach in NFL history?
I mean he does get a huge amount of blame for the state of the offense

But Kraft made the laziest hire at head coach maybe ever. The right move would have been hiring the best offensive coach possible and having that guy work with Drake Maye.

Reactions: EverettMike

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I think we need to trade Judon for whatever tackle we can get. Waiver wire OL will likely start here this season. I would red shirt Maye. Im getting a little concerned about the coaching. Why is Onwenu at G? Why do they think Mafi can play C? Why the f*** cant Maye get some plays with the starters in practice?

Reactions: bbfan419

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Typical LAMESTREAM media always focusing on the negative.

How many times were they NOT sacked, huh? You don't hear that reported!
The Eagles are the most blitzing team in the NFL, blitz 40% of the time.
There is no reason why any competent coaching staff cannot mitigate this with changes.
I agree on OL has some work to do.
The good news is that our 4th round pick, Layden Robinson played well and is pushing for a starting job.

Reactions: EverettMike

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Don't play Maye this season. There's no point in rushing him. None. We knew he was all tools no toolbox, and that's fine! Let him learn, study, and focus on improving.

Reactions: CDJ

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
glad they have $50m of capspace just sitting free
Would you prefer they overpay someone on a multiyear deal, or have that cap space to add useful players when we are ready to compete?

Don't play Maye this season. There's no point in rushing him. None. We knew he was all tools no toolbox, and that's fine! Let him learn, study, and focus on improving.
no one ever said Maye has no tool box. Just that he had footwork to work on.

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Would you prefer they overpay someone on a multiyear deal, or have that cap space to add useful players when we are ready to compete?

no one ever said Maye has no tool box. Just that he had footwork to work on.

:deep sigh:

Did you understand the larger point I was making? Did I need to be specific for you to understand it? Cause if not why aren't you mentioning how he didn't call plays in college? Or how he needs to work on post-snap reads? And how he tends to force throws that aren't there or rake bad sacks rather than living to fight another play?

Why did you only mention his footwork when he has a number of things he has to work on and develop?

I'm super f***ing excited about Drake Maye and 100% wanted them to take him. I also want him to get red-shirted this year so he can learn the pro-game. Hence "all tools, no toolbox," an obvious shorthand for something I'm positive most people understood.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad