GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would not have moved Ritchie for Hertl personally. I want nothing to do with Hertls contract especially with all the other long contracts were going to deal with,I'd rather have a 2C signed through his prime years.

Yeah but I'm asking if Ritchie had the same value as Edstrom, considering Ritchie was supposed to be drafted a lot higher if he was healthy, and his season has reinforced that? Feels like he'd be worth more.

I'd have moved the unknown in Ritchie and kept Byram no problem with Hertl at only $6.75M(?).

Unless Edstrom carried a ton of value, I'd even rather do two 1st's and a prospect like Gulyayev/Behrens/OO, or all three, and get Hertl and Byram easily.

Helps them short term, and long term with Byram and Ritchie, and Mitts migth cost more than Hertl.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Well, fun day, and one of the biggest deadline shockers in years. A little bummed Avs didn't tie up the loose ends they have, but whatever. Going to be a hell of a few months.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Woulda, coulda, shoulda......... If I only knew then what I know now.......

Usually, I am happy to get a darn good deal on a new car. But learned not to beat myself up when post purchase, new info shows I could have saved another $500..... if I had only known......

Constantly 2nd guessing usually results in an unhappy and unhealthy outlook on life in general.......

This isn't the scenario at all. It's not a woulda coulda if only I knew scenario. The Avs likely did know and decided against it or lost their usual patience negotiating.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah but I'm asking if Ritchie had the same value as Edstrom, considering Ritchie was supposed to be drafted a lot higher if he was healthy, and his season has reinforced that? Feels like he'd be worth more.

I'd have moved the unknown in Ritchie and kept Byram no problem with Hertl at only $6.75M(?).

Unless Edstrom carried a ton of value, I'd even rather do two 1st's and a prospect like Gulyayev/Behrens/OO, or all three, and get Hertl and Byram easily.

Helps them short term, and long term with Byram and Ritchie.
Well if the reports that Byram wanted to get moved after his current contract are true, than I think Mitts makes even more sense. I just don't think adding another long term 30 year old contract is something we needed to do.

Reactions: Linds

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well if the reports that Byram wanted to get moved after his current contract are true, than I think Mitts makes even more sense. I just don't think adding another long term 30 year old contract is something we needed to do.

Respectfully, would you have said that if the Avs traded for Wennberg, and Vegas traded for Hertl though?

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Eric Lacroix said on DNVR that the goalie deal they were trying to get over the hump was:

Annunen for Kähkönen

If that's the case I'm happy it didn't happen.

Oh damn Kahkonen is a guy I wanted them to get. He would have been a good 1B.

Why the f*** did the Sharks choose Vanecek over Annunen?!!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I will take Mitts and Ritchie over Hertl and Byram any day.

We don't even know if it would have cost Ritchie though. Maybe we trade them two 1sts and prospects.

Or trade one 1st and prospects for a C prospect somewhere, and package that with the other Avs 1st.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Oh damn Kahkonen is a guy I wanted them to get. He would have been a good 1B.

Why the f*** did the Sharks choose Vanecek over Annunen?!!
Kähkönen is very meh.
I wouldn't have sacrified Justus for couple of months of Kähkönen.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
If the Avs get smart and trade Mikko instead of extending him, their window could be extended.

Mittelstadt over Hertl makes a shit ton of sense in that scenario.
But their odds to win the Cup may plummet. Not sure i care for longer window with statistically lesser chance of winning the Cup cause of inferior players.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I think a key here for San Jose is that Hertl is already 30 years old. You wait another year and he could easily be pure cap dump, negative value territory.

The value looks rough but it might look decent in a year or two from now.
I agree, I like the trade for them. The amount retained isn't crazy or crippling like the Luongo, Suter/Parise, or OEL dead cap space charges were and with the aging curve you have no idea whether this is the last season you can get 2 firsts for him or whether he'll be a RyJo style dump in 2-3 years.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm absolutely thrilled with this deadline even if they didn't do much today. C-Mac did it the right way, he got the stuff that he wanted to get done early and didn't leave it until today to make the major changes he was looking to do.

Today is a day where you have to go in thinking -> you're in good shape and if you can do some things to keep improving and it makes sense, you do it but if not, you're fine with the team you have.

Apart from adding Mitts for the #2C, my favourite part of the TDL is adding guys like Trenin and Duhaime. I've been advocating this FOR YEARS when I would go on a huge rant bitching about always having these 5'11 left hand shot bottom-6 wingers who don't bring any physicality (Nieto, Jost, Malgin, G.Bourque etc...) and wanting those players to be big, hard-hitting players who make it difficult for the opposition. We finally have that.

What a difference a year makes :

Game #1 vs Seattle :
ERod - MacK - Rants
Lehky - JT2C - Nuke
NewJost - Eller - Malgin
Nieto - Cogs - LOC

At the All-Star Break :
Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehky - RyJo - Nuke
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs - Olofsson - Kiviranta

After TDL :
Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehky - Mittlestadt - Nuke
Wood - Colton - LOC
Duhaime - Wagner - Trenin
Cogliano - Parise - Kovalenko
Landeskog

I love that we have the option to play a mix of big-bangers like Duhaime and Trenin or speedy, tenacious players like Parise and Cogliano DEPENDING on who our opponent is. Phenomenal advantage.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
His advanced stats were pretty good from what I remember. For me it was getting a goalie that Bednar would trust
I would have liked Kähkönen too but not with that cost. Annunen is our only legit goalie prospect who is finally ready to play for us.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Respectfully, would you have said that if the Avs traded for Wennberg, and Vegas traded for Hertl though?
I mean maybe? I would have preferred to not move Ritchie though. I for sure would've been far more upset that Wennberg was the guy they added for the 2nd line though.

I think the moves they've made make the most sense for winning now and giving us a great balance of contending well for a couple more years. Hertl is a more win now move that potentially shuts the window sooner.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We don't even know if it would have cost Ritchie though. Maybe we trade them two 1sts and prospects.

Or trade one 1st and prospects for a C prospect somewhere, and package that with the other Avs 1st.
I am going by what Vegas paid. Edstrom is a very good prospect. Also I don't want to have anything to do with Hertl's contract. We'll have Mitts for about the same money, he is a lot younger and his contract should age a lot better. It will also be way easier to trade Mitts later to recoup assets once Ritchie is ready for 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad