GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It could also have been that he came back to the same situation and continued to struggle, further impacting his development and overall value. Basically, he becomes another Jost/Kaut

If they have the center position solved with Hertl and possibly Ritchie, then it shouldn't matter much at all if Bo hypothetically lost a little more value.

They'd keep him and re-sign him for cheap, either cheaper long term than he would have been, or another cheap bridge. Or move him for futures, because they wouldn't really have any holes to fill.

The last part here is extremely unlikely.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Chibby

Jan 12, 2019
I want Edmonton Vs. Vegas in the first round.

I love what the Avs did overall. Feeling confident going into the playoffs. Let’s gooooo!

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I am going by what Vegas paid. Edstrom is a very good prospect. Also I don't want to have anything to do with Hertl's contract. We'll have Mitts for about the same money, he is a lot younger and his contract should age a lot better. It will also be way easier to trade Mitts later to recoup assets once Ritchie is ready for 2C.

Respect your opinion, and not sure where you stood on this, but the general consensus here was not to worry about the future, just go all in and bring in a 2C.

$6.75M (?) until Hertl's 36 isn't that terrible. Kadri's making $7M until he's 38 and they both produce about the same goals and points.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh damn Kahkonen is a guy I wanted them to get. He would have been a good 1B.

Why the f*** did the Sharks choose Vanecek over Annunen?!!

Kahkonen is a guy I was pining for too but he's played pretty poorly down the stretch, so I kinda soured on the guy. I'll have to check the underlying numbers but even playing behind an atrocious Sharks team, he was really bad. Almost singlehandedly blew that 5-3 lead SJ had over Dallas on his own when he let in the softest of goals and proceeded to fall completely apart after that.

Vanecek, as bad as he's sucked this year, has a much longer and (except for this year) better track record than Justus.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
So I give the Avs a b- only because we needed a goalie… I wanted to give it a c so he happy lol

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Respect your opinion, and not sure where you stood on this, but the general consensus here was not to worry about the future, just go all in and bring in a 2C.

$6.75M (?) until Hertl's 36 isn't that terrible. Kadri's making $7M until he's 38 and they both produce about the same goals and points.
The difference is most people were wanting to re sign Kadri at 7mil. No one was advocating trading Ritchie to bring him back.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

We brought in that 2C but they also improved with Walker instead of Byram not only because Walker is a bit better than Byram but also because he is a RHD. So they both went all-in AND for future as well. Hertl with have been only all-in. I am extremely happy the way they went. Hurts to lose Byram for sure but IMO we are much better situated to extend the window a few more years. How the handle Mikko will be the key to an even longer window.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would imagine that prior to the Mitts trade, many would have been ok with trading Ritchie for Kadri at $7M too.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Fresh start could easily have been an off season and a top 4 role on the left side next year.

Or maybe even the playoffs this year.

Nah. Byram needs top pairing minutes and prime PP time. He's getting both those in Buffalo, he'd never get that in Colorado.

It was a good split for both camps. Even if it breaks my heart a bit.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Overall, I'm very happy with the overall changes made and the attempts to address the issues.

No idea what other trade possibilities looked like so not even gonna bother commenting on hypotheticals.

The Avs are a much more rounded team heading into the playoffs. We get to wait and see how the future looks.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nah. Byram needs top pairing minutes and prime PP time. He's getting both those in Buffalo, he'd never get that in Colorado.

It was a good split for both camps. Even if it breaks my heart a bit.

Respect your opinion but I just disagree. He could have played his way into being a #3 and been happy or he could have swapped spots with Toews at some point and been even happier.

Long way to go in his career.

Reactions: Nihiliste

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Ya. And we wouldnt have to give up byram who obviously was worth alot.

Only thing is Hertle isnt kadri, he might be Ryjo after this latest injury. Kadri is aging gracefully, not all players do.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ya. And we wouldnt have to give up byram who obviously was worth alot.

Only thing is Hertle isnt kadri, he might be Ryjo after this latest injury. Kadri is aging gracefully, not all players do.

We'll see how Hertl ages, perhaps you're right. This year Naz is scoring at a slightly higher clip than Hertl after he picked it up, but they're both generally about 25-30 goal 60-65 point guys.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Maybe not, so insert Jones and Walker goes up.

We already have a weaker defense than a week ago, remove Girard (who isn't a playoff performer to begin with) and the picture isn't good.

The week started pretty well, but today was disappointing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's where you lose me.

I just don't think he's this ego maniac that people claim. He's always team first.

You can see it in how he talks, how he's critical of himself, how he downplays his own success, and with how he focused on his defensive game in junior.

You can even see it with him signing a bridge deal the first day he could sign, when the people pushing the narrative (not you) that he's selfish and has a huge ego said he would be really hard to negotiate with.

They were just as wrong about that, as they are about him needing to play on the top pair and be THE guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad