GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We already have a weaker defense than a week ago, remove Girard (who isn't a playoff performer to begin with) and the picture isn't good.

The week started pretty well, but today was disappointing.

I suppose there's just no stopping this silly narrative. One bad series against Vegas (where he was not even close to being the worst player for Colorado) where he was likely playing hurt and some 3 years later this shit still keeps getting spewed out.

And no the defense is not weaker.

Hopefully all these defensive forwards can reduce George getting hung out to dry

It'd also help if he could, y'know...make the big save.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think we could have still used another defensive dman but the D isn't bad with Walker playing the way he has this year.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
General prognosis on recovery for a lacerated spleen is like 2+ months.

And this injury apparently started 2 weeks ago

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Kelly and his Vegas doctors trying to figure out how long a "lacerated" spleen takes to heal.

iu

iu

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Sounds like Hertl's value around the league is not as high as people on the internet thinks with that huge contract.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Sounds like Hertl's value around the league is not as high as people on the internet thinks with that huge contract.
I mean, he’s a 30 year old with a long term contract coming off knee surgery and has plateaued as a 60ish point player.
He’s a 2C in the same vein as Kadri.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
They had the cap space to make Kahkonen work without any need for retention. Hard to believe they wound't just flip a 4th over there to snag insurance. Maybe SJ was simply to busy to take the call.
Typical grass is greener outlook. Thinking KK (or any other marginally available goalie) was/is an answer is a reach. There is a very short runway of goalers acquired at the deadline having impactful playoffs.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I don't like not getting another goalie even though I know they tried. I don't have much faith in Georgiev and it puts a lot of pressure on Annunen to save our season. He will have to continue his strong play for us to have a chance.

If we win the cup, I don't think Georgie is in net. Another D man like Tinordi wouldn't have hurt either. I would have rather traded Meyers for him than the pick.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad