GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I hate San Jose more than I have Vegas in this deal. You give them a #2C center in the playoffs where the LTIR is actually beneficial to them, replace needing to pay Stephenson, retain 17% to make Hertl's contract reasonable moving forward, give up 2 3rds... and only get 2 late 1sts in return.

Hertl is a far superior player to Mittelstadt for the next few years, which is the only years that really matter. Wish CMac had the balls to pull off this trade.
Grier doesn't have any clue as to what he is doing.

However, Vegas does. They know how to exploit the current agreement and rule set the way Pierre LaCroix did back in the day. AND the Montreal Canadians way back in their day (50s-60's and 70's.)

It's masterful.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ugh, we could have kept Bo and got Hertl at $6.75M (?) plus two 3rd's for just a late 1st, and the value of a late 1st prospect in Edstrom?

How much value does Edstrom have?

Mitt's may cost more than Hertl after he's re-signed.

Reactions: cinchronicity

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Ugh, we could have kept Bo and got Hertl at $6.75M (?) for just a late 1st, two 3rd's, and the value of a late 1st prospect in Edstrom?

If the Avs get smart and trade Mikko instead of extending him, their window could be extended.

Mittelstadt over Hertl makes a shit ton of sense in that scenario.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ugh, we could have kept Bo and got Hertl at $6.75M (?) for just a late 1st, two 3rd's, and the value of a late 1st prospect in Edstrom?

That would've been a 1st, Ritchie and 2 3rds. Would've been able to keep Byram but we get Mitts to end his prime years instead of trading all that for a dude who's got a long ass contract and 30.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Wait why did the sharks take the worse goalie who is signed to an extra year of a bad contract?!?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That would've been a 1st, Ritchie and 2 3rds. Would've been able to keep Byram but we get Mitts to end his prime years instead of trading all that for a dude who's got a long ass contract and 30.

I actually got the 3rd's part wrong it looks like. Looks like Vegas got the two 3rd's not SJ.

If this deal was proposed before the deadline, most here would have been all for it, even with Ritchie and Hertl at 30, because the argument was they need to go all in this year, future be damned.

I don't know much about Edstrom, but are we sure he has the same value as Ritchie after the season he's had?

Ritchie was supposed to go a lot higher if he was healthy, and his season this year has reinforced that value.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Vegas terrifies me. If we only get one cup cause of them I’ll be quite sad. If it wasn’t for them I’d be shocked if we don’t make the finals, and would expect us to win.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I actually got the 3rd's part wrong it looks like. Looks like Vegas got the two 3rd's not SJ.

If this deal was proposed before the deadline, most here would have been all for it, even with Ritchie and Hertl at 30, because the argument was they need to go all in this year, future be damned.

I don't know much about Edstrom, but are we sure he has the same value as Ritchie after the season he's had?

Ritchie was supposed to go a lot higher if he was healthu, and his season has reinforced that value.
I would not have moved Ritchie for Hertl personally. I want nothing to do with Hertls contract especially with all the other long contracts were going to deal with,I'd rather have a 2C signed through his prime years.

And he was drafted not far behind Ritchie. I don't really know much of Edstroms season, but he seems to be really highly regarded from what I'm seeing.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I have more faith if we had a healthy Francouz then Fourgiev. Please prove us all wrong Georgie.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Im sad that Lindholm didn't get re-traded
Sad? I think it's funny.

So many people on here kept praising Alvin saying that he was so 'aggressive' and made a great move - it turns out, he was short-sighted. Now he's got Lindholm on the 3rd line and apparently isn't a great fit - he won't be re-signing there - and at the same time, they were saying today on TSN that the Canucks have a real need for a top winger. Too bad you stupidly blew your load on a C when you probably could have gotten Guentzel for that package.

I'm zero impressed with that guy but at the same time - there was no way he was going to be worse than a schmuck like benning.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Ugh, we could have kept Bo and got Hertl at $6.75M (?) plus two 3rd's for just a late 1st, and the value of a late 1st prospect in Edstrom?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda......... If I only knew then what I know now.......

Usually, I am happy to get a darn good deal on a new car. But learned not to beat myself up when post purchase, new info shows I could have saved another $500..... if I had only known......

Constantly 2nd guessing usually results in an unhappy and unhealthy outlook on life in general.......

CMac did way, way better than ever expected. He swung for the fences and we'll never know what really fell thru goalie wise.

I am pretty well convinced he gave it the old school try.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Excited that the Avs improved
Also excited that the Leafs and Oilers opponents improved

Excited that the Avs improved
Also excited that the Leafs and Oilers opponents improved

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Overall satisfied with the deadline. If this team wants to win another Cup, I have a feeling they’ll have to win a game 7 or two on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad