GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Look, I wanted us to get a depth D-man, and don't understand why it didn't happen because usually they are always available and we had the capspace and assets to pull it off.
That was my point. Another LD of JJ caliber would have been great. They are usually dirt cheap and very available. That's all.

Reactions: GeoRox89 and LOFIN

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Dallas:
Harley - heiskanen
Lindell - Tanev
Suter - Hakanpaa

Jets:
Morriisey - Demelo
Dillon - Pionk
Samberg - Schmidt

Oilers:
Ekholm - bouchard
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak - Ceci

Vegas:
Hanifin - pietrangelo
Mcnabb - theodore
Martinez - Whitecloud

No one comes even close to avs dcore except Vegas which I’ll admit is a scary core.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Would have preferred Walker with JJ, a pairing of JJ and Manson lacks a puck mover.
The JJ/Manson pairing will just be limited in usage 5v5. Manson will get some extra shifts with Toews and Girard.

Walker is a level or two above Manson and the Avs didn't spend what they did for a #5D. They got a guy who will improve the middle pairing on the right side. He's really good.

That's a scary as hell pairing against a team with a heavy forechecking.
Its going to be a about puck retrievals and moving it quickly. Both are elite at that exact thing, so it should work... but we have yet to see it for proof.

Could be that the management didn’t want to have TOO many changes to chemistry and the room.
I mean... one more goalie doesn't really move the needle there. They made a ton of changes anyway.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Dallas:
Harley - heiskanen
Lindell - Tanev
Suter - Hakanpaa

Jets:
Morriisey - Demelo
Dillon - Pionk
Samberg - Schmidt

Oilers:
Ekholm - bouchard
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak - Ceci

Vegas:
Hanifin - pietrangelo
Mcnabb - theodore
Martinez - Whitecloud

No one comes even close to avs dcore except Vegas which I’ll admit is a scary core.

It’s funny because I’m comparing the 2nd pairing and 3rd pairings for depth and completely forgetting that our 1st pairing isn’t comparable with anybody’s 1st pairing

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I wonder if Behrens doesn't have a real opportunity to earn that 3LD spor over JJ.

Toews - Makar
Girard - Walker
Behrens - Manson
Don't shoot the messenger... some rumblings he won't sign this year and maybe next.

(which I personally take as an angle to burn an ELC year, but I could be taking that wrong)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That was my point. Another LD of JJ caliber would have been great. They are usually dirt cheap and very available. That's all.
My only explanation is, that they were in some big goalie move that would've taken up cap/assets and thus didn't focus on that depth D-man. Which is an oversight IMO, surely our AGM could've had something lined up, ready to go 5min before the deadline closed if the goalie trade fell through (which it did).

It is what it is. Still a solid A- TDL grade for our CNap, who can now go back to sleep.
ezgif-7-5efea83c3c.gif

Probably checking to see if anyone actually has a no-trade clause and what teams are on it
Hertl waived his

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Don't shoot the messenger... some rumblings he won't sign this year and maybe next.

(which I personally take as an angle to burn an ELC year, but I could be taking that wrong)
Wouldn't shock me. It's going to be hard for him to break into the top 4.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm happy with the deadline as a whole...but from the outside, I don't like it when our GM tries to do something, fails, and then do nothing. As if there's no plan B.

It seems that it happened to CMac last year (paid for retention on Eller even if we didn't need it in the end) and this year again (was reportedly active for a goalie, didn't get one, and now we got nothing and aren't using all our cap space).
Not utilizing almost all of the capspace is always a failure in this league.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad