GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I hate San Jose more than I have Vegas in this deal. You give them a #2C center in the playoffs where the LTIR is actually beneficial to them, replace needing to pay Stephenson, retain 17% to make Hertl's contract reasonable moving forward, give up 2 3rds... and only get 2 late 1sts in return.

Hertl is a far superior player to Mittelstadt for the next few years, which is the only years that really matter. Wish CMac had the balls to pull off this trade.
It's pretty clear with the way the Avs operate that they don't want some old-broken down vet on a massive long-term contract that is going to screw them 4-5 years from now. I think the whole Iginla contract really gave them PTSD. It's the main reason we didn't keep Kadri.

The Avs don't operate the way vgk does. They use LTIR the way it was intended - for guys like Landeskog and Francouz that have serious long-term injuries/career threatening injuries - not some sort of work-around for the salary cap so that they can ADD anyone they want and get rid of anyone they want whenever they want.

To me, it's the difference between being an honorable organization and being a bunch of sketchy f***ing dirtbags that don't mind crossing the line because the league is on their side anyways.

I get the 'whole everyone voted against this thing' but at the same time, it just seems like it's a different set of rules for THEM and everyone else. I mean, why wouldn't Toronto use this as well? Boston? New York Rangers ? Dallas ? Los Angeles ?

None of these other teams are doing this and EVEN Tampa Bay who got the ball rolling seemed very tempered in even attempting this.

I keep joking that the league sent out a memo to the 31 other teams but man, WTF it's absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: The Puckhound

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ullmark had a NTC, there's no guarantee he was available to us. Available to some, maybe, but maybe not us.

As for Markstrom, hard to tell on his availability. NJ ended up with f***ing Allen, if Markstrom was truly being shopped there were definite suitors.

It's hard to tell who is available and who isn't. So again, its only a miss if we had a shot.

It is clear there were discussions around those two goalies, so they were available. Maybe the deals fall apart, but clearly two #1Gs were on the market.

The Avs just took a risk in net, we will see if it works or not.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Trades still coming through?
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I don't know how I feel today.

Why go super deep at F if you're going absolute bare minimum at D and G?

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Did you just call the avs dcore bare minimum? Lol I understand not wanting Jack Johnson as the 6th but come on..

Reactions: LOFIN

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Are you saying the Avs D depth isn't bare minimum for a playoff team?

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker
Malinski - Jones

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying hahahah. Argument can be made Vegas is the only team in the west with better and that’s only if you consider play styles.

Reactions: LOFIN

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker
Malinski - Jones

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying hahahah. Argument can be made Vegas is the only team in the west with better and that’s only if you consider play styles.
hahaha indeed

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
A little surprised the Avs didn't make a goalie move but on the whole I am giving CMac an A- for the deadline. Shored up the forward depth considerably and had the guts to pull what would usually be a draft weekend type of deal (Mittlestadt for Byram) right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad