GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, we should tank for a few more years. Not even kidding. Good luck winning a cup with Cole Suzuki and Slaf as your best forwards ( No disrespect intended to those guys , take a look around the league , highest scoring era in a while too...)

Would you expect the Red Wings to win a cup with Larkin Raymond and Debrincat as their top 3 forwards? Didn't think so
How many star forwards were actually drafted by the Panthers? Just asking for a friend.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I have a feeling we're taking Silayev if he's there (which I'm totally at peace with due to his long-term upside of impacting a game) and @KevSkillz4 spends the entire Canada Day weekend playing mailbox baseball.

1719488118589.png

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If they didn’t draft Huberdeau high = no Tkachuk. That is my point.
Yes and we will have the assets to do the same in 3-4 seasons.

This management team has been pretty clear on its intentions: this is the last ‘tanking’ season. They have expect a slow climb to the playoffs starting next season. I agree, if they start making moves.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don’t like they don’t meet with Iginla. If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone, who they gon’ pick?

Sennecke, I feel quite confident in that. Otherwise, likely Buium or Silayev if we assume Celebrini, Levshunov, Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board.

I wouldn’t be upset picking Iginla but I feel the chances of us picking him is close to zero.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t like they don’t meet with Iginla. If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone, who they gon’ pick?

Trade down with the Flames and get the 9th pick. Gain the Canucks 1st and this is contingent to another trade with the Devils for the 10th pick. Jets 1st, Canucks 1st, and other assets.

9th and 10th pick. We walk away with 2 very good assets instead of 1. I bet you this is what Hughes is trying to do.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If we draft the right elite talent, yes.
We hit a pretty solid HR with Slaf. That is my humble opinion. When this kid gets to 24-26, he’ll be dominant. Just like Barkov became dominant (even as a winger).

I think folks here underestimate Ghule’s potential because they like the flashy types. Once he matures physically, and he will, he will be better than Florida’s best Ds. His main flaw right now is his shape. But he’s got everything. Heck, he can even drop them.

Suzuki has potential stil to be elite. His ceiling has not been reached on both sides of the ice.

I don’t see why + last year’s and this year’s draft potential we don’t get there in 3-4 seasons.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes and we will have the assets to do the same in 3-4 seasons.

This management team has been pretty clear on its intentions: this is the last ‘tanking’ season. They have expect a slow climb to the playoffs starting next season. I agree, if they start making moves.

Heck, they wanted to move up the standings last year but Dach going down created ripple effects to our top 6.

No doubt, we want what we have to improve and move us up while they still tinker at filling holes.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
How many star forwards were actually drafted by the Panthers? Just asking for a friend.
Barkov plus Hubes netted Tkachuk. Which is an argument for how important the draft is for adding core pieces.

OTOH, I don’t think any of their last 60 draft picks were in the lineup when they won on Monday. Could be wrong.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Heck, they wanted to move up the standings last year but Dach going down created ripple effects to our top 6.

No doubt, we want what we have to improve and move us up while they still tinker at filling holes.
We had a ton of one goal losses also...........and the three goalie thing was just stupid, but we did get a 3rd out of Allen, so...........Hughes is a patient man.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Only way we're drafting Eiserman is if we're moving up....

Yup, and I smell that too. I hope we can somehow get the 9th and 10th pick from the Flames and Devils. Will be some very good talent at those two spots.

* 5th
for
* 9th and 28th

* 26th, 28th, Anderson (50% retention), and Kapanen
for
* 10th

Before you try, don't tell me Anderson has negative value. Already disagree and I do think the Devils would love to add him. Adding two late 1st and close to NHL ready Kapanen will be something they consider. Flames trade up to get Iggy.

We could walk away with
* Sennecke and Eiserman
* Catton and Eiserman
* Could be a F and a D.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d definitely consider Eiserman if we move up from the 26th tbh. I think some of the criticism is overblown. He seems like a good kid and I think the weaker areas of his game can be addressed and developed.

Top 3 ranking heading into this season and had a great season breaking Caufield's goal record. Yup, the criticism is out of control like usual.

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad