GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I wrote a month ago that there is zéro chance that Chicago pass on a talent like Demidov..even for a great d like Levshunov..I still believe that.

Demidov is a Hawks for me unfortunately.

I don't have Lindstrom in my top 5 so for Montreal my 3 choices are Catton, Buium and Sennecke.

Catton will not be the Mtl pick but Sennecke and Buim could be.

I would trade Matheson for a top 11 thought to pick Berkly later in a heartbeat!!
Bedard, Nazar, Moore, Rychel, Kusharev, Demidov

The biggest guy in this top 6 will be Demidov, everyone else but Kusharev is under 6 feet and 5/6 are known to play a softish game

If that's your forward core going into the future, you've already failed

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I have a feeling we're taking Silayev if he's there (which I'm totally at peace with due to his long-term upside of impacting a game) and @KevSkillz4 spends the entire Canada Day weekend playing mailbox baseball.

View attachment 887942
AS soon as I saw the term mailbox baseball...I started singing "You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain" IYKYK

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Bedard, Nazar, Moore, Rychel, Kusharev, Demidov

The biggest guy in this top 6 will be Demidov, everyone else but Kusharev is under 6 feet and 5/6 are known to play a softish game

If that's your forward core going into the future, you've already failed
You draft the best talent and you trade a guy like Nazar or another after.

Not drafting an elite talent like Demidov because you have small forwards is crazy.

Demidov is a Hawk.

Elite talent is 10x more important than size. Tampa understood that with forwards long time ago

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Only way we're drafting Eiserman is if we're moving up....
You can't teach goal scoring. Joshua Roy went from being the top pick in the QMJHL draft to being an afterthought because of immaturity and so called laziness. Once drafted he did a complete 180. Eiserman has been saying all the right things and will be under the tutelage of Jay Pandolfo for the next year or two. I would be careful to write off a 17 year old who at this time last year was considered neck and neck with Macklin Celebrini as the possible top pick.

Like I said he has the ability to score, the rest can be taught.

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Yup, and I smell that too. I hope we can somehow get the 9th and 10th pick from the Flames and Devils. Will be some very good talent at those two spots.

* 5th
for
* 9th and 28th

* 26th, 28th, Anderson (50% retention), and Kapanen
for
* 10th

Before you try, don't tell me Anderson has negative value. Already disagree and I do think the Devils would love to add him. Adding two late 1st and close to NHL ready Kapanen will be something they consider. Flames trade up to get Iggy.

We could walk away with
* Sennecke and Eiserman
* Catton and Eiserman
* Could be a F and a D.
Sennecke and Eiserman

instead of.....

Demidov/Lindstrom/Levshunov/Silyayev/Dickinson, Surin/Basha/Boisvert, Kapenen and Anderson.

No thanks.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Cole Eiserman is thankful to hang with Mr Hughes again for some ice cream. Cole Eiserman loves ice cream. Cole Eiserman likes getting 2 scoops Mr Hughes. Does Mr Hughes want to play some slots with Cole Eiserman? Cole Eiserman only likes 3 things in life. Winning money. Scoring goals. And eating ice cream.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Tkachuk and Barkov are both 90 points player. The former has had 100+ and is a shit-disturber and the latter is also the best defensive forward in the league right now. We have nothing even close, and I didnt even bring up Reinhart yet who is also better than anything we have.

And yet Tkachuk did nothing in the finals that a depth player couldn't do. Barkov since getting into the league has been one of my favourite players. He's the heir apparent to Patrice Bergeron. But he's only been a 90 point player once. He's a bit over PPG. He controls a game for you but doesn't take over a game like others do. I'm talking more like McDavid, Draisaitl, Kucherov, MacKinnon, Matthews, prime Crosby and Ovi, etc. Bergeron was the same. They never took over games but could still be considered the best complete player on the ice

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Less than 36 hours from the draft, here's where the money goes:

1719493278995.png

1719493309622.png

1719493347578.png

1719493400454.png

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Do we really need two unidimensional goal scorer in Caufield and Eiserman tho?

We should not draft a D because we did not have a PPG player in almost a century.

We have this dire need for offensive prowess.

Our last PPG player is Naslund and our last 40 goals scorer is Richer ffs!

But, but, but,

Just make sure that we really need those two 40 goalscorer and that they are defensively responsible enough!

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
We should not draft a D because we did not have a PPG player in almost a century.

We have this dire need for offensive prowess.

Our last PPG player is Naslund and our last 40 goals scorer is Richer ffs!

But, but, but,

Just make sure that we really need those two 40 goalscorer and that they are defensively responsible enough!
I taught you were pro-defenseman draft team? Silayev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad