GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I can't imagine our plan going into this season was to give the guy who was scratched down the stretch and into the playoffs a chance at being a 2nd line winger. That would be ludicrous.

It's either gonna be Paul (and we find a new 3C) or we acquire a winger via FA or trade.

Also, we didn't pay Guentzel $9M to see where he slots in based on chemistry. The guy is our bonafide first line winger lol.
We weren't intending on paying Stammer $8+M to be a 2nd line winger, yet there we were. Previous chemistry with Sheary was a potential value-add when they signed Guentzel.

Look - posting all this hopefully invokes the reverse-jinx mojo and none of this happens and Hagel, somehow, is set on having a productive season being centered by Cirelli. I just don't see Coop (permanently) breaking up the Hagel-Point-Kucherov line.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Jesper Boqvist was a guy I was hoping we would sign for cheap and he is gone now to FLA. Has potential to be top 9 center/forward. He has some speed and skill, but isn't amazing .

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I am calling it now we are going to claim Trouba from waivers when the NYR waive him, work out a trade for another ex-ranger captain, and JBB is going to call it a day. WE are going to send Sheary for Trouba. We would take on 6 million in the cap with the trade and rangers gain 6 million plus have the option to trade or flip Sheary whenever. JBB will tell us how he improved the defense, got a right handed defenseman,and we got tougher. Honestly it isn't terrible or good, but has JBB all over it. The rangers can then either buyout Sheary or flip him.
If the rumours are true and the Rangers are focing Trouba out; I really could see JBB doing this.

Last edited:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
We weren't intending on paying Stammer $8+M to be a 2nd line winger, yet there we were. Previous chemistry with Sheary was a potential value-add when they signed Guentzel.

Look - posting all this hopefully invokes the reverse-jinx mojo and Hagel and none of this happens and Hagel, somehow, is set on having a productive season being centered by Cirelli. I just don't see Coop (permanently) breaking up the Hagel-Point-Kucherov line.

"Value add" is doing a lot of heavy lifting when we're talking about line chemistry 10 years ago when they were also playing with Sid.

The HPK line hasn't been a fixture though. Hagel has been moved back and forth between the 1st and 2nd. So assuming Hagel would supersede a guy making $2.5M more than him doesn't make sense. We paid Guentzel top line money...because he's a stud. Hagel isn't on that level yet. I'm not saying that lines might not get adjusted at some point, but we brought Guentzel in to be a 1st line winger and PP guy...not to hope he can spark Anthony f***ing Cirelli.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I am calling it now we are going to claim Trouba from waivers when the NYR waive him, work out a trade for another ex-ranger captain, and JBB is going to call it a day. WE are going to send Sheary for Trouba. We would gain 4 million in the cap wit the trade. JBB will tell us how he improved the defense, got a right handed defenseman,and we got tougher. Honestly it isn't terrible or good, but has JBB all over it. The rangers can then either buyout Sheary or flip him.
The main buy-out window is closed, I believe.

The second one is after an arbitration.

edit: CapFriendly also seems to indicate that they'd have to be on the reserve list, as of the trade deadline.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I think it's way more likely we sign someone like Roslovic or Tatar for the 2nd/3rd line than move Sheary up to the 2nd. But that's just me.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think it's way more likely we sign someone like Roslovic or Tatar for the 2nd/3rd line than move Sheary up to the 2nd. But that's just me.
Roslovic wouldnt be bad on the right deal. Tatar is just sheary+, he actually does what he is paid to do. He has compete issues at times, but does have skill. I wouldn't act mind both of them for fix our bottom 6 especially if we find a taker for Sheary.
Guentzel-Point- Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Roslovic
Paul-Glendenning-Tatar
Essymont-Grig-x/Chaffee/Mottee/fa bottom 6 player
That would be a hell lot better than what we currently have.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
"Value add" is doing a lot of heavy lifting when we're talking about line chemistry 10 years ago when they were also playing with Sid.

The HPK line hasn't been a fixture though. Hagel has been moved back and forth between the 1st and 2nd. So assuming Hagel would supersede a guy making $2.5M more than him doesn't make sense. We paid Guentzel top line money...because he's a stud. Hagel isn't on that level yet. I'm not saying that lines might not get adjusted at some point, but we brought Guentzel in to be a 1st line winger and PP guy...not to hope he can spark Anthony f***ing Cirelli.
Some corrections. 5 years, not 10 years ago. But I'll meet you halfway at 7 years with the 2017-18 SC Champion team. Secondly, never inferred Guentzel would spark Tony. Never even implied any player would spark Anthony. I said hopefully Hagel stays productive with Anthony centering him... i.e. quietly acknowledging a potential loss/or stagnant result in doing so

So how about we bury this in the dirt and let me know what your favorite Publix Sub is. Square?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I don't feel like JBB is done either. Feels like he has one more move or two left. If he is talking about Cup window, I don't see him going into the season with $6M or whatever is left after signing Moser.

Reactions: Outl4w

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Roslovic wouldnt be bad on the right deal. Tatar is just sheary+, he actually does what he is paid to do. He has compete issues at times, but does have skill. I wouldn't act mind both of them for fix our bottom 6 especially if we find a taker for Sheary.
Guentzel-Point- Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Roslovic
Paul-Glendenning-Tatar
Essymont-Grig-x/Chaffee/Mottee/fa bottom 6 player
That would be a hell lot better than what we currently have.

I'd probably take Tatar over Roslovic and put him over Paul on the 2nd line. He's solid AF defensively, and, outside of his scoring drought in his short stint with the Avs, is still a a 15-20 goal scorer.

No way Glendening is displacing Eyssimont on the 3rd line.

I have a feeling Sheary is gonna be on the roster day 1, but hopefully we can move him. If not I think it'd be something like this:

Guentzel - Point - Kuch
Hagel - Cirelli - Tatar
Eyssimont - Paul - Sheary
Girgensons - Glendening - Chaffee

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Some corrections. 5 years, not 10 years ago. But I'll meet you halfway at 7 years with the 2017-18 SC Champion team. Secondly, never inferred Guentzel would spark Tony. Never even implied any player would spark Anthony. I said hopefully Hagel stays productive with Anthony centering him... i.e. quietly acknowledging a potential loss/or stagnant result in doing so

So how about we bury this in the dirt and let me know what your favorite Publix Sub is. Square?
Stamkos didn't produce much 5 on 5 so I don't think he will slow Hagel or Cirelli much. The powerplay may have a drop off overall if we dont find another top 6 forward.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We probably need a right shot. Only Chaffee, Glendening, and Point are righties (and two of them tend to play center). Stammer had a right shot.

Roslovic is a right shot. AFP has him projected getting 3x3.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'd probably take Tatar over Roslovic and put him over Paul on the 2nd line. He's solid AF defensively, and, outside of his scoring drought in his short stint with the Avs, is still a a 15-20 goal scorer.

No way Glendening is displacing Eyssimont on the 3rd line.

I have a feeling Sheary is gonna be on the roster day 1, but hopefully we can move him. If not I think it'd be something like this:

Guentzel - Point - Kuch
Hagel - Cirelli - Tatar
Eyssimont - Paul - Sheary
Girgensons - Glendening - Chaffee
If we replaced Sheary with Rolovic that lineup would be better than last years top to bottom.
Especailly if we have Motte and another gritty forward to rotate in.

We probably need a right shot. Only Chaffee, Glendening, and Point are righties (and two of them tend to play center).

Roslovic is a right shot. AFP has him projected getting 3x3.
6 years x 1.5 million offer will be coming from JBB shortly. He could sell it as the pitch he made to stamkos, "come on man it is the same money in the long run man ."

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I am calling it now we are going to claim Trouba from waivers when the NYR waive him, work out a trade for another ex-ranger captain, and JBB is going to call it a day. WE are going to send Sheary for Trouba. We would take on 6 million in the cap with the trade and rangers gain 6 million plus have the option to trade or flip Sheary whenever. JBB will tell us how he improved the defense, got a right handed defenseman,and we got tougher. Honestly it isn't terrible or good, but has JBB all over it. The rangers can then either buyout Sheary or flip him.
If the rumours are true and the Rangers are focing Trouba out; I really could see JBB doing this.

I too am thinking of turning to crack after the events of today

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Roslovic isn't a consistent enough performer, IMO. He's hit 20 goals once in his career.

Trade (or someone like Ondrej Kase working out) is probably the route to go.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I too am thinking of turning to crack after the events of today
Sorry I had to party with Sergie one last time before he left. But the Lightning always taking the Ranger ex-captains and ex- assistant captains on somehow. Callahan,Boyle,Girardi,JT Miller, and McDonough.

Roslovic isn't a consistent enough performer, IMO. He's hit 20 goals once in his career.

Trade (or someone like Ondrej Kase working out) is probably the route to go.
For near league minimum he is better than Sheary , Chaffee, or Motte. We got to find some guys that are proven bottom 6 producers.

• Haha
Reactions: Rschmitz

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

Yea I was counting Sheary's teams as years by accident. It's more like 7...you're right. But that's still a lifetime ago.

Never said you implied Guentzel would spark Cirelli. I just can't imagine a scenario where we acquired Guentzel for any other reason than to be a foundation on the 1st line, especially for that money...whether that's to get the 2nd line going....to try and get chemistry back with Sheary....whatever. It's just grasping at straws IMO. Didn't mean any offense. I just think it's way simpler than people are making it out to be. He's a stud. He's gonna be a 1st liner.

Don't eat Pub subs as much as I want to, so don't really have a fave, but I ate a chipotle chicken one the other day that was great. You?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad