Confirmed with Link: Guentzel's rights traded to Tampa for 25 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Still holding to my theory of Guentzel never expecting us to meet his asking price and he/his camp spent the past 24ish hours trying to find a why to reject it without looking like an ass.
If you ask for 8x8, and the team says, yes, we will do 8x8 , then you drag your f***ing feet and say ehhhhhhhh no thanks, you still look like an ass. And why would you even care about looking like an ass to a team you will never play for again.

Every player in this league is a cock tease anyway.

I'll also add that if he would have signed for 8x8 weeks ago and we f***ed around with it and that led us to this? Yeah, eveything they say about our management is 100% true

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
If you ask for 8x8, and the team says, yes, we will do 8x8 , then you drag your f***ing feet and say ehhhhhhhh no thanks, you still look like an ass. And why would you even care about looking like an ass to a team you will never play for again.

Every player in this league is a cock tease anyway.
It’s more about the agent than the player. IDK who it is, but you assume we’ll have to deal with him again sometime in the future.

Burning bridges is something agents don’t want to do, it hurts leverage.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
That forward group would get absolutely abused in playoffs...Zucker is not a top 6 W either

But you're saying they'd get to the playoffs
1719708818970.png

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Chris Johnston said as of Saturday afternoon they hadn’t given up hope on signing Guentzel said Dundon spoke to his agent at the draft. Also said maybe they could do a sign and trade if a team wants the 8th year

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oh, and Friedman said we might “circle back” on Necas now.

This is my 9/11. f*** everything.
And then Necas leaves for nothing in UFA in a year or 2

At this point, I'm expecting this to be an absolute bag fumbling of an off-season. I haven't had a good feeling about what was going to happen ever since Waddell quit. Too many important moves needed to be made and we lost our main leadership at the last minute.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It would be a bridge deal for us in the same way that Orlov's is a bridge deal for us, I guess.
Yeah but we didn't spend years developing Orlov just to have him walk. Washington developed him and got Craig Smith, & 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for him when he was traded to Boston.

If we get absolutely nothing when Necas leaves it's an organizational failure. We know he isn't happy here. We know he wants out. He will not sign in UFA, so it's a mistake to keep him here now.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I'm not following this, tell me more please. I'm talking about the 2 RFA years he has in front of him. I don't think anybody sees a long term marriage here.

Oh, I agree 100% with you. His time will be short, and we'll be leveraged out of much return, just like every player that leaves here. His last year you're going to hear, "doesn't want to negotiate, as he wants to focus on the season" and our side, "needed for the run" as we approach the deadline.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Once again, this team tried to “win” negotiations and found themselves with nothing to show for it. The sooner Dundon realizes he needs to stay the f*** away from this team, the better off it’ll be.
To be fair, id rather see an engaged owner that at least has a good vision than the bullshit that is going on with the Panthers in Charlotte. But yeah, sometimes it's not worth winning the negotiation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad