GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I was a MB supporter for the first 1/2 to even maybe 3/4 of his tenure.... looking back... what a f***ing knob the ended up being ... like he did some good things... but he was scare to make the necessary sacrifices to get price the cup in his window... and that will forever be his legacy
I was a supporter of MB until the Dwight King / Andreas Martinsen / Steve Ott debacle. At that point Weber was 31, Price 29, Markov 38 and Petry 29 and we clearly needed to do much much much more. That was also the year prior to the Vegas draft were he stupidly protected Jordie Benn instead of exploiting his position of strength to acquire a good player another team could not protect.

When he traded for Weber i was not a fan of the trade but i was like fair enough but you have now put yourself in "all in mode" and you got max 3 to 5 years to pull it off. His passiveness after the Weber trade was inexcusable he waited wait too much to be active (when he signed Perry and Toffoli) and it was too late at this point.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
if they did that and pick a D man.. this board will explode
They won't Gorton basically told us outright we are picking at 5.
Trading up like last year was never really a good option for a rebuilding team.
The only way we don't pick is if the action turns to 5th over 4th.
This could actually happen if either of Philadelphia or Carolina's chip is still in play.
A deal that didn't make sense for Columbus doesn't preclude it from making sense for us!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah exactly

What this trade tells me is they find any other pick other than 1st round right now useless at this stage of rebuild

18 yr old 2nd and 3rd rounders right now aren't of interest at the moment

And that they are probably targeting a 'close to ready' type of late 1st round prospect
Or you never know
Something else is up too :D
There are some really good prospects who could be around at 21. Maybe one of MBN, Luchanko, Eiserman (gulp) will happen to be there. Then you have prospects like Greentree, Beaudoin, Solberg, Jiricek, Surin. They might feel someone they really like has a far better chance of being there at 21 than 26. Or they may have someone like Letourneau in mind that they heard a team in front of them really likes.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Fan Duel's odds for 5th pick....

Attachments

• Odds.png
    Odds.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Rozz and Deebs

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
A trade with absolutely no value ?
Hard to say what the value is until we see the pick either moved or used to draft someone. If there's someone they anticipate falling (for me my dream would be one of Catton, Helenius, Greentree, MBN, Eiserman, or Hage) it could have been worth it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hard to say what the value is until we see the pick either moved or used to draft someone. If there's someone they anticipate falling (for me my dream would be one of Catton, Helenius, Greentree, MBN, Eiserman, or Hage) it could have been worth it.
Its a gamble at best. There might be a faller, there might not be one. I love Greentree and Boisvert and wtv but there's gonna be a prospect of similar quality at 26 and a very good one at 53.

• Wow
Reactions: nicehiss

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Its a gamble at best. There might be a faller, there might not be one. I love Greentree and Boisvert and wtv but there's gonna be a prospect of similar quality at 26 and a very good one at 53.
I don't see a huge difference between the guys available at 57 and the guys available at 70/78 so maybe they just felt they already had what are, in effect, three picks in that range and could afford to move one.

Certainly makes the Boilard pick much less likely though.

Reactions: Babyhockey

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There are some really good prospects who could be around at 21. Maybe one of MBN, Luchanko, Eiserman (gulp) will happen to be there. Then you have prospects like Greentree, Beaudoin, Solberg, Jiricek, Surin. They might feel someone they really like has a far better chance of being there at 21 than 26. Or they may have someone like Letourneau in mind that they heard a team in front of them really likes.
I still think there is more to come but this is exactly the type of fallback Kent would look at before pulling the trigger.
The man is wicked smaht when it comes time to play with the pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad