GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Of course, but in the same sense, isn't 53+26 worth about the same ?

I was going to meniton Emery... it would be such a Habs move to grab him there.
I have Washington reaching for him once Jiricek and Solberg are off the board, they're in win-now mode and with his athleticism and defense he's pretty close to NHL ready. Wouldn't be shocked if they rush him in after 1 year.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Does #5 and #21 get us to #3 overall and is it worth it? Two excellent players would be coming our way with those picks

Reactions: Rozz

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No but with Verhaeghe, Bennett, Rodrigues, Luostarinen apparently you can
Not if you don't have Barkov and MT.

We don't have Barkov and MT yet. I don't think moving for another Newhook at this point would be wise.

Also Sam Reinhart is a 2nd overall pick. His ceiling was always higher than Newhook by a good margin.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Are we thinking this might be for Greentree/Boisvert or something? Eiserman won't drop that far and I don't really buy the idea that we're going to be trading up again to the top 10 like Dreger floated, every year they float those kinds of rumours and they never happen

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I love that Hughes ain't scare to make moves... I have full faith in him!

..whatever he does, and who ever he's targeting... just get us an offensive superstar some how!!!

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
For me, there's a "tier drop" in talent around the mid 20's, so I think this might give us a better chance at getting a player I like more than at 26.

From Ritchie, Artamonov, Beaudoin, Vanacker range in the mid to high 20's.
to the Hage, Chernyshov, Luchanko, and Boisvert in high teens/low 20's

I like the bottom group a lot better than the top group, and I'm willing to pay the 57th overall for it. Of course, we might take a D or trade this pick too.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Are we thinking this might be for Greentree/Boisvert or something? Eiserman won't drop that far and I don't really buy the idea that we're going to be trading up again to the top 10 like Dreger floated, every year they float those kinds of rumours and they never happen

Didnt Hughes trade up for 13 th overall in 2022?.....Him trying again would not be surprising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad