GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Which site? I just checked Fan Duel and they have him at 4th at +500

Sportsinteraction.

Isn't Martin Madden a heavily respected scout...if they're so keen on drafting Buium 3rd overall, why were/are we so against that possibility at #5?

Because we have ten thousand LD and no forwards. The issue was never with the PLAYER, it was what the player brings vs what we have in system, and what we don't have in system vs options.

Buium at 5 is fine (not my guy but it's fine) if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone. It's not fine if Demidov is there.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Isn't Martin Madden a heavily respected scout...if they're so keen on drafting Buium 3rd overall, why were/are we so against that possibility at #5?

Because mock drafts say so.

Also because there's some overlap with Hutson in terms of role (although I like Buium more).

Reactions: 417

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I will tell my kids this is Blade Runner

1000005400.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And the latter was why I was more concerned, I also know you're not an idiot, just having fun. Congrats too if I never said it before. Knowing what I know, you've come along way and I am excited for you and your family.

Thanks buddy!

My hope is that tonight we draft my son's favorite player - having him grow up watching Ivan Demidov in a Habs jersey, now that'd be special :)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because we have ten thousand LD and no forwards. The issue was never with the PLAYER, it was what the player brings vs what we have in system, and what we don't have in system vs options.

Buium at 5 is fine (not my guy but it's fine) if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone. It's not fine if Demidov is there.
Makes sense...but then it flies in the face of what I always read with another despised term of mine "BPA".

Reactions: WeThreeKings

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Yep. Buium is a stud.

I so wanted us to grab Buium at 5 and trade up for one of the forwards at 10. Bleh

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad