GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
well we'll see if there's no value...the point I was making is that draft picks are currency, it allows you the flexibility to make moves, something I always harped on the previous administration of not doing...accumulating picks.
homer-money.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was a supporter of MB until the Dwight King / Andreas Martinsen / Steve Ott debacle. At that point Weber was 31, Price 29, Markov 38 and Petry 29 and we clearly needed to do much much much more. That was also the year prior to the Vegas draft were he stupidly protected Jordie Benn instead of exploiting his position of strength to acquire a good player another team could not protect.

When he traded for Weber i was not a fan of the trade but i was like fair enough but you have now put yourself in "all in mode" and you got max 3 to 5 years to pull it off. His passiveness after the Weber trade was inexcusable he waited wait too much to be active (when he signed Perry and Toffoli) and it was too late at this point.
Yep. Even if you agree with the Weber trade (which I did not) then it really is a 'win it now' type trade and we did nothing to follow it up.

So dumb.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yep. Even if you agree with the Weber trade (which I did not) then it really is a 'win it now' type trade and we did nothing to follow it up.

So dumb.
The only 1st rounder he ever traded to attempt to make us better was for Christian Dvorak.. let that sink in.

Even when we won the division.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Buium now 2nd best odds to go to Montreal at 5, passing Cayden Lindstrom. Demidov moves to 2.70 (was 2.50) Buium now 3.50. However, Buium now odds on favorite to go 3 to Ducks at 2.00
Which site? I just checked Fan Duel and they have him at 4th at +500

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Isn't Martin Madden a heavily respected scout...if they're so keen on drafting Buium 3rd overall, why were/are we so against that possibility at #5?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Buium now 2nd best odds to go to Montreal at 5, passing Cayden Lindstrom. Demidov moves to 2.70 (was 2.50) Buium now 3.50. However, Buium now odds on favorite to go 3 to Ducks at 2.00
Buium is definitely going much earlier than what people originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad