2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Goaltending aside I would still take the Devils roster over pretty much any other team in the East. If they can replace Vanecek and Lindy Ruff soon it's still possible they make the ECF or even win the Cup.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Goaltending aside I would still take the Devils roster over pretty much any other team in the East. If they can replace Vanecek and Lindy Ruff soon it's still possible they make the ECF or even win the Cup.
The former might happen, doubt the latter does at this point...so I can't see the Devils getting out of the first round. Knowing the Sharks' luck, they fix both this offseason and make the ECF next season...

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If the sharks werent willing to take Michkov who is a far better player in a similar sitaution, they should be ignoring Silayev also I hope.
Similar situation? Is Silayev also signed for three more years in the KHL?

The reason Silayev is mentioned with the other top prospects is because 6'7" defensemen who can skate and hold their own in a top pro league at 17 years old don't grow on trees.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Similar situation? Is Silayev also signed for three more years in the KHL?

The reason Silayev is mentioned with the other top prospects is because 6'7" defensemen who can skate and hold their own in a top pro league at 17 years old don't grow on trees.
He's signed until the end of 25/26 season, so two.

Reactions: themelkman

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If the sharks werent willing to take Michkov who is a far better player in a similar sitaution, they should be ignoring Silayev also I hope.
Michkov and Silayev's contracts both end the same season. As Hodge said he's probably not NHL ready until then anyway, but even if he is that's 2 additional years to round things out in the KHL. And yeah I don't think Grier looks at scoring wingers (even though he's insanely talented) and 6'7 defenders the same.

Reactions: DG93

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I've cooled considerably on Silayev. He still has the size and skating, but his offense has evaporated and in the past few months he's been playing 6/7 D minutes for 10-11 minutes a night. Consider that this puts him kind of where Mukh might have been 2 years ago... still might be as good/better a prospect than Mukh, but is that a 2-4OA draft pick?

I suspect that if we are picking 2-4OA, Grier's list is going to start with the North Americans. Dickinson, Levshunov, Lindstrom in some order (very outside shot at Yakemchuk or Buium or Parekh). No idea yet which order. Still not sure where Demidov will fit in -- different situation, clearly getting punished for wanting to leave Russia and not signing an extension, so less risk than Michkov but also less upside and with a sure thing in our backyard like the three mentioned above, why take the extra risk?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
So we're tied with Chicago for points with 3 extra games in hand. Let's say we lose them all and are tied in both points and ROW. I think it comes down to our season series after that?

They beat us in a SO, and we play 2 more times in March. Those games will be crucial for 32nd lol. Hope our goalies are sick with a cold or something non serious that week.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So we're tied with Chicago for points with 3 extra games in hand. Let's say we lose them all and are tied in both points and ROW. I think it comes down to our season series after that?

They beat us in a SO, and we play 2 more times in March. Those games will be crucial for 32nd lol. Hope our goalies are sick with a cold or something non serious that week.
We may not even have the same goalies come those games.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I know this isn’t going to be the most popular opinion but is that the worst thing? Even in 2 years this team is going to be hot garbage.
It is, because if they decide (or are pressured into deciding) to re-sign in Russia again, then you miss out on a lot of cheap productive years of the player and only have a few years of them under team control. Kaprisov was basically on an ELC for a year before signing a massive extension.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I know this isn’t going to be the most popular opinion but is that the worst thing? Even in 2 years this team is going to be hot garbage.

I'm with you. For the more weary folk on the other side though that might help with the appeal of Demidov who's out after '24-25'.

He's my #2 player in the class.

And then either Lindstrom or Dickinson or Catton.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Grier has preached that he wants the Sharks to play with skill and size, and the Sharks D prospect pool is crickets after Mukh in terms of top-4 prospects. I bet he takes Silayev or Levshunov if they don't land Celebrini. Two big, smooth skating, skilled defensemen. Just gotta hope it's not Dickinson...

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Grier has preached that he wants the Sharks to play with skill and size, and the Sharks D prospect pool is crickets after Mukh in terms of top-4 prospects. I bet he takes Silayev or Levshunov if they don't land Celebrini. Two big, smooth skating, skilled defensemen. Just gotta hope it's not Dickinson...
Why so anti Dickinson? He's also big, smooth skating, and skilled. He's one of the best overall skaters in the CHL at 6'3". I'm not sure which of the three I'd take if I had to choose.

I also wouldn't rule out Grier going for Lindstrom before any of the D, if he thinks he could develop into a franchise forward. Another big, fast, skilled, hard to play against player.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Why so anti Dickinson? He's also big, smooth skating, and skilled. He's one of the best overall skaters in the CHL at 6'3". I'm not sure which of the three I'd take if I had to choose.

I also wouldn't rule out Grier going for Lindstrom before any of the D, if he thinks he could develop into a franchise forward. Another big, fast, skilled, hard to play against player.
His upside is lower because of his low offensive capabilities. If we're worried about Silayev being a black box due to KHL reasons, just take Levshunov and forget about it. He's an excellent prospect.

Reactions: Cas

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I prefer both Levshunov and Dickinson to Silayev, for what it’s worth. I’d say they should be 2 and 3 on the Sharks’ board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad