2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Had a great Sharks-related dream regarding the TDL/draft/offseason. At the deadline, the Sharks traded Duclair to the Panthers for a 3rd rounder, Barabanov to the Rangers for a 5th rounder, Kahkonen + NJ 2024 2nd back to the Devils for their 2024 1st + 5th round picks, and Ferraro to the Oilers for their 2024 1st, 2025 3rd, and Cody Ceci. NJ then lost in the 1st round and Edmonton in the 2nd round + Pens finished at 11. With their four 1st rounders, the Sharks drafted Celebrini, Parekh, Igilna, and Adam Jiricek. They also traded Hertl to the Rangers during offseason (after NYR lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs) for Goodrow + Perrault. In 2025-2026, the Sharks rolled out a top-6 of Musty-Celebrini-Eklund + Igilna (Leonard role)-Smith-Perrault and a top-4 of Vet FA/trade-Parekh, Mukh-Jiricek with a top-5 pick from 2025 on the way as well.

And then I woke up... /end dream lol

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Had a great Sharks-related dream regarding the TDL/draft/offseason. At the deadline, the Sharks traded Duclair to the Panthers for a 3rd rounder, Barabanov to the Rangers for a 5th rounder, Kahkonen + NJ 2024 2nd back to the Devils for their 2024 1st + 5th round picks, and Ferraro to the Oilers for their 2024 1st, 2025 3rd, and Cody Ceci. NJ then lost in the 1st round and Edmonton in the 2nd round + Pens finished at 11. With their four 1st rounders, the Sharks drafted Celebrini, Parekh, Igilna, and Adam Jiricek. They also traded Hertl to the Rangers during offseason (after NYR lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs) for Goodrow + Perrault. In 2025-2026, the Sharks rolled out a top-6 of Musty-Celebrini-Eklund + Igilna (Leonard role)-Smith-Perrault and a top-4 of Vet FA/trade-Parekh, Mukh-Jiricek with a top-5 pick from 2025 on the way as well.

And then I woke up... /end dream lol
There’s no way you had a dream that vivid. :laugh: I’ve had Sharks-related dreams (dreamt we traded for Eichel when he was on the block, dreamt we landed the Fantilli pick multiple times last season), but nothing that complicated and time-spanning.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
There’s no way you had a dream that vivid. :laugh: I’ve had Sharks-related dreams (dreamt we traded for Eichel when he was on the block, dreamt we landed the Fantilli pick multiple times last season), but nothing that complicated and time-spanning.
Yeah it was scary, the only thing I didn't nail down is what picks specifically NJ and Edmonton landed at...clearly Sharks hockey is too depressing. I also don't know if it's legal to make the trade with NJ for their 1st in the first place?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
1708584843189.png

Seems about right.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
In terms of the physical dominance aspect, Silayev | Lindstrom | Yakemchuk bring that blend of swagger, size and high end skill.

Ending up at #2 would feel like drafting #4 last year. There are ~10 prospects that I admire to varying degrees, this year is a cluster.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Only thing I'm worried about is Sharks drafting a Svoboda type of player again when there is potential still left on the board (Thank god Cagnoni was still there later for example).
It was a bad pick back then, it is a bad pick right now at that specific round. I know some user(s) argued it's a project that could become a bottom 6 player, but I think it's better to get talent that has more on the stat sheet.
I'm aware that scouting is very hard and usually a 3rd round pick is far from guaranteed success, but the thing that bothers me is they moved up to get him. Little bit of a red flag imo.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I think at this point I'm team anybody but Silayev. Honestly don't get why he is mentioned with these other guys, especially when he just signed a 3 year extension.
but look at the size of him

I do literally zero research for drafts, but assuming the sharks get #2 i'm team lindstrom

no idea who i'd want at #3

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think at this point I'm team anybody but Silayev. Honestly don't get why he is mentioned with these other guys, especially when he just signed a 3 year extension.
I also am not a huge Silayev guy but have been advocating for him all over. He's 6'7 and playing in the hardest league out of any draft eligible prospect, in which he's looked good at age 17. He's an amazing skating for someone at that size, which is rare, and has shown offence. Even if the offence doesn't fully translate, you're worse case looking at a defender with amazing reach and skating at 6'7. He'd be a transition shutdown machine.

With that said, I'm 100% on Levshunov or Lindstrom at 2 or 3. Whichever one is still available. I'm also thinking by draft day its gonna be a lock Celebrini, Lindstrom, Levshunov, Silayev, and Demidov are the top 5 picks.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
But we have 3 games in hand. I think our best chance is if we manage to lose in regulation twice to them. Otherwise it's not that likely.

Honestly both teams are so bad anything can happen. Chicago has Bedard and we don’t have Couture or Hertl and may lose Duclair, Ferraro, etc. I feel like we’re going to blow up after the trade deadline.

But yeah, I have no idea, it’s like watching two cars rolling down a hill and hoping yours blows up first.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Honestly both teams are so bad anything can happen. Chicago has Bedard and we don’t have Couture or Hertl and may lose Duclair, Ferraro, etc. I feel like we’re going to blow up after the trade deadline.

But yeah, I have no idea, it’s like watching two cars rolling down a hill and hoping yours blows up first.
Definitely need to start Chrona for both of those games vs. Chicago though.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
But if they beat Carolina last year, we would of got the pick last year not this year.
What do you mean? It would have been two 1sts, last years and this years, if they beat the Hurricanes last year. Musty might not have been there at where they picked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad