Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Anyone here expecting any change in McKenzie's top 5 tomorrow?
As of the last update his top 5 was:
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Silayev
  4. Levshunov
  5. Lindstrom
I think Demidov's updated height/weight plus the recent Michkov news should be more than enough to keep Demidov at 2nd. I can't see Silayev or Levshunov moving out of the top 5 either. 8/10 scouts had Lindstrom in their top 5 last time, I'm expecting that number to be lower tomorrow with the news of his back injury. I don't think there's any prospect that'll garner enough votes to kick him out of Bob's top 5 though.
Perhaps Levshunov makes it to 2

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Honestly, I'm not either but that's based solely on what I saw from him at the Frozen Four where he was very unimpressive.
He is a player i am less high too, in fact he is my 3rd D and 6th overall, but i would still be excited if we got him. Doubt the big RD is there at 5 tho.

There is gonna be a run on defenseman i believe and i would not be surprised if both Demidov and Lindstrom are there at 5.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He skates like Mike McCarron. Pass.
He really doesn’t, but I’m sure you’ve heard some random on HF say that, so it must be true, right?

Also, Greentree scored almost as much this season on a shitty team as McCarron did in his 3 OHL seasons (all over-age) combined on an absolute powerhouse of a team.

Greentree this season: 90 points in 64 games played.

McCarron’s entire OHL career: 102 points in 122 games played.

The comparison is laughable.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
There is gonna be a run on defenseman i believe and i would not be surprised if both Demidov and Lindstrom are there at 5.
I'll be shocked if *either* Lindstrom (CBJ) or Demidov (CHI) is available at 5.

There will be a run on D. The question is whether it starts at 5 or 6.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
He really doesn’t, but I’m sure you’ve heard some random on HF say that, so it must be true, right?
Uh, no.

I'm an avid OHL-watcher. I watched McCarron with the Knights. I see Greentree with WSR. They are both heavy-footed. Slow first steps but both are fast once they get going (I actually like McCarron, btw and have defended his selection on this board).

Yes Greentree has better offensive talent, but he's not going to be top 6 in the NHL. No work ethic. Slow footed, No defense.

• Haha
Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Honestly, Sennecke at 5... i like him... that's a pick i would be disappointed at 5.

Because if we consider him at 5, it likely means Lindstrom and Demidov are gone.

Then it would mean skipping on a top D for Sennecke.
Sennecke is the ultimate "well there isn't any forward left that's worth a top 5 pick so we'll take this guy I guess since we need a forward" pick.

Patching holes in the lineup with top 5 picks, what could go wrong?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Sennecke is the ultimate "well there isn't any forward left that's worth a top 5 pick so we'll take this guy I guess since we need a forward" pick.

Patching holes in the lineup with top 5 picks, what could go wrong?
Dude is fast and has slick hands tho. Gives me Mike Ribeiro vibes.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
This post is reeking of sarcasm and not sure where this is coming from lmao but he isn't Bedard good, more like Marco Rossi who went #9

My point was hes not an ultra elite talent. That title is reserved for once a year type players. Hate to break it to some out there, but Catton is not that. He's still good, but is not upper echelon

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
My point was hes not an ultra elite talent. That title is reserved for once a year type players. Hate to break it to some out there, but Catton is not that. He's still good, but is not upper echelon
Somebody said so? The general consensus seems to be that his ceiling is first line talent. Seems reasonable.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
If we get Demidov, I promise to not talk about Michkov ever again, unless he becomes an elite talent. :popcorn:

Let's say michkov turns into a kaprizov 2.0. What does Reinbacher need to become player comp wise for you to at least be like, "I still would've taken michkov but I'm not too peeved with Reinbacher"

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Good post.

Couple of points. Each one of your scenarios has McGroarty slotted in as the RW on the 2nd line. First of all, this is far from a sure bet. His performance last season in the NCAA was solid but 16 goals does not scream triggerman at the NHL level. What's more, I'm not convinced that a 30 year old Matheson is what the Jets would demand in return. He'd help, sure, but with Morrissey firmly established as the team's number one LD, the Jets may want to address other areas of concern.

Also, your Plan C involves replacing Huston with Buium as the team's premier offensive defender. This after Huston has played all of two professional games (but nonetheless managed to pull Habs fans out of their seats in both). Is it so absolutely clear that Buium is an upgrade? What if Huston goes on the be a superstar in Anaheim, and Buium is merely solid with the Habs? Not to mention the risk that surrounds Zeg

Good post.

Couple of points. Each one of your scenarios has McGroarty slotted in as the RW on the 2nd line. First of all, this is far from a sure bet. His performance last season in the NCAA was solid but 16 goals does not scream triggerman at the NHL level. What's more, I'm not convinced that a 30 year old Matheson is what the Jets would demand in return. He'd help, sure, but with Morrissey firmly established as the team's number one LD, the Jets may want to address other areas of concern.

Also, your Plan C involves replacing Huston with Buium as the team's premier offensive defender. This after Huston has played all of two professional games (but nonetheless managed to pull Habs fans out of their seats in both). Is it so absolutely clear that Buium is an upgrade? What if Huston goes on the be a superstar in Anaheim, and Buium is merely solid with the Habs? Not to mention the risk that surrounds Zegras....
I'm pretty sure Buium and Dickson are going to be first pairing D.

Though I'm not Mcgroarty's or Zegras biggest fan

My point was : There's so much possibilities if demidov is off the board. HuGo would need to be stellar asset manager.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This was a topic I was listening to on TSN690 earlier today with Marco D'Amico. If Lindstrom and Demidov both go in the top 4 the Habs will be sitting there at 5 with most likely Silayev, Buium, and Dickinson sitting right there for them.

The question then becomes do the Habs see any of these 3 defenseman as being that potential top pairing true #1 NHL dman, which is a very difficult position to fill in the NHL along with a true #1 center. If so do they just take that dman or do they take one of the remaining lower tier potential top 6 scoring forwards remaining in a Sennecke, Iginla, or someone else..

If they feel one of these dmen could be that potential top pairing true #1 dman that would be very difficult to pass up on IMO so I'd just draft one of them and then move a dman or 2 already in the system for forward help.

Last edited:

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
This was a topic I was listening to on TSN690 earlier today with Marco D'Amico. If Lindstron and Demidov both go in the top 4 the Habs will be sitting there at 5 with most likely Silayev, Buium, and Dickinson sitting right there for them.

The question then becomes do the Habs see any of these 3 defenseman as being that potential top pairing true #1 NHL dman, which is a very difficult position to fill in the NHL along with a true #1 center. If so do they just take that dman or do they take one of the remaining lower tier potential top 6 scoring forwards remaining in a Sennecke, Iginla, or someone else..

If they feel one of these dmen could be that potential top pairing true #1 dman that would be very difficult to pass up on IMO so I'd just draft one of them and then move a dman or 2 already in the system for forward help.
Yes, this pretty much sums up the last 50 pages of this thread.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
This was a topic I was listening to on TSN690 earlier today with Marco D'Amico. If Lindstron and Demidov both go in the top 4 the Habs will be sitting there at 5 with most likely Silayev, Buium, and Dickinson sitting right there for them.

I agree they could be forced to take one of the d
In your scenario in the first paragraph

Reactions: sheed36

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I got a bit tired of reading about who the Habs should or shouldn't take over and over so I took a break for a bit and haven't been reading much so yeah. :)
I do because I have way too much time to lose lmao.

This is the biggest dilemma really. If A level forward are gone, should we pick a D or go with B level forward, and if we pick a D, should we trade a D for offense support.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I do because I have way too much time to lose lmao.

This is the biggest dilemma really. If A level forward are gone, should we pick a D or go with B level forward, and if we pick a D, should we trade a D for offense support.
Lets just hope one of Lindstrom or Demidov are still there at 5 but if not it should get quite interesting around these parts very quickly. :)

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Should reset the poll once Bob's list comes out to see the effects of recency bias and fan boredom has on the rankings, in the past 3 weeks I'm sure we have circled just about every prospect in the top 15 except Celebrini

Like Homer guessing the colors of the Italian flag many will claim victory but have an out if they bust

Reactions: Troyp and Deebs

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Gezzzz Demidov is a monster now

1719276469163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad