HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
If we have Pietrangelo already in Guhle and Hutson and ... and ... and and our best two forwards are Slaf and Suzuki and after that 50 points forwards no.

Did you just compare Hutson to Pietrangelo? Also forwards are the most overrated players come playoff time. It's all about mitigating mistakes. Defenceman are much more valuable. Guhle and Reinbacher will probably situate different pairings. The effect of top tier D will always be greater than that of top tier Fs

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Did you just compare Hutson to Pietrangelo? Also forwards are the most overrated players come playoff time. It's all about mitigating mistakes. Defenceman are much more valuable. Guhle and Reinbacher will probably situate different pairings. The effect of top tier D will always be greater than that of top tier Fs
Think he compared Reinbacher (if he reaches his potential) to Pietrangelo which is the hypothetical scenario you suggested.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Bro needs to add a comma to his work to seperate his ideas then. It read as if Habs already have Pietrangelo in Guhle AND Hutson....
again pure guess, but I think he made a typo and wanted to say Pietrangelo (as in Reinbacher) AND Ghule AND Hutson as per the tone of the rest of his post with all the other and and and.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The two teams in the SCF have no good Ds basically. I mean Foesling and Ekblad aren't bad but they're not out of the realm of anything we have.

The forwards we dont have.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The two teams in the SCF have no good Ds basically. I mean Foesling and Ekblad aren't bad but they're not out of the realm of anything we have.

Ok sure but I could hit right back with saying the last 5 SC winners had great defences. Also you're pretending that Florida won from offensive star power. What wins most times than not is good defence and great depth.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
There’s multiple ways to skin a cat. Different types of roster can win a cup. You just need a very good team and a lot of luck along the way.

Copy cat league where whoever team wins people go like “we should copy them”. Until another team with a different style win and now it’s “we should copy them”.

Also the oilers are impossible to replicate. We’re not drafting a Draisaitl let alone a McDavid no matter how hard we try.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

I'd say thay Ekholm, Ekblad, Forsling, Bouchard are top-pairing defensemen. The depth defensemen are what made a difference here. Kulikov, Oel and co. were better than Nurse, Ceci, Desharnais, Kulak.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'd say thay Ekholm, Ekblad, Forsling, Bouchard are top-pairing defensemen. The depth defensemen are what made a difference here. Kulikov, Oel and co. were better than Nurse, Ceci, Desharnais, Kulak.
And Bobrovsky clearly won battle of G + Fla
Team D as well in the series - especially game 7 winner takes all

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Just for reference, before we get Mckenzie's updated rankings later this morning, here are his post lottery rankings from early May:

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Silayev
4- Levshunov
5- Lindstrom
6- Dickinson
7- Parekh
8- Buium
9- Helenius
10- Iginla
11- Catton
12- Yakemchuk
13- Eiserman
14- Sennecke
15- Connelly

It will be interesting to see who has moved up and down and these rankings.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Just for reference, before we get Mckenzie's updated rankings later this morning, here are his post lottery rankings from early May:

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Silayev
4- Levshunov
5- Lindstrom
6- Dickinson
7- Parekh
8- Buium
9- Helenius
10- Iginla
11- Catton
12- Yakemchuk
13- Eiserman
14- Sennecke
15- Connelly

I don't think we'll see any change in the top 5 unless Dickinson or Buium kick Lindstrom out of it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Silayev
4- Levshunov
5- Lindstrom
6- Dickinson
7- Parekh
8- Buium
9- Helenius
10- Iginla
11- Catton
12- Yakemchuk
13- Eiserman
14- Sennecke
15- Connelly

What time is it released ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some reports push several of the D as #1 D candidates, but others suggest flaws and difficulties translating their games.

I was pushing for D, but st this point maybe Silayev if there is a run on forwards top 4?

I expect the habs think they can work with some guys. Demidov’s knees worry me, he has unusual skating and knee injuries, maybe his style makes him vulnerable?

I was somewhat down on Sennecke and meh on Iginla, but maybe they would be they would be the best picks. There may not be top line or top pairing talent and that is normal got 5OA.

Reports show promise and ceiling level narratives. It's like this every year but when you look back in 1 or 2 years, the narrative changes quickly on many of them.

However, this draft does have more than the average talent in the top 13 or top 14. Maybe there are less misses this year. Not sure.

To be honest, I'll be happy with whoever the Habs pick. We can find reasons to support any guy in that 2-13 range. Same as Reinbacher last year, he was not my pick but I know why they did it and he was a target by many teams from what I remember.

Bob's list is out today :banana:

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Silayev
4- Levshunov
5- Lindstrom
6- Dickinson
7- Parekh
8- Buium
9- Helenius
10- Iginla
11- Catton
12- Yakemchuk
13- Eiserman
14- Sennecke
15- Connelly

I also like looking at his September, Mid Season, May, and End of season rankings. The variations are something I evaluate a bit in the popular BPA consensus.

I think we will see a fair amount of movement.

What time is it released ?

My guess is around lunch eastern time or shortly after.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I personally don't have 64 top pairing D in the NHL (32 teams x2) but I probably have 128 top 4D. Easier to define a top 4D vs a top pairing. Top pairing and 1C are high levels most can't hold for more than 3 seasons.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'll guess the updated top 10 for McKenzie is:

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Demidov
4. Silayev
5. Lindstrom
6. Buium
7. Sennecke
8. Parekh
9. Dickinson
10. Iginla
I'd guess it'll be pretty similar to this. I'd swap Demidov and Levshunov though since I think Demidov's stock has only risen since May, and I think scouts will be higher on Dickinson than Parekh.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I'd guess it'll be pretty similar to this. I'd swap Demidov and Levshunov though since I think Demidov's stock has only risen since May, and I think scouts will be higher on Dickinson than Parekh.
And Levshunov's stock didn't?
I really think it's 50/50 for those two at 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad