HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom, Buium, Dickinson, Iginla are going top 8.

Leaves 2 spots for Yakemchuk, Catton, Sennecke, Helenius, Parekh.

I think Calgary go with him at #9
I think CGY really needs D and Center which I'm not sure Catton will stay so I think they pick
Yakemchuk or Parekh in that scenario, maybe Helenius and also I keep hearing Sennecke is going top 10.
Will come down to preference but we've seen it a million times where smaller guys get bumped.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Then why isn't he projected top 5? It's the same argument I have where people think the league has 50 superstars when they really only have less than 10
Pre-draft talent isn't the only thing, is it? Translatability, their perceived likelihood to thrive in the NHL, external factors, trends, etc.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I think CGY really needs D and Center which I'm not sure Catton will stay so I think they pick
Yakemchuk or Parekh in that scenario, maybe Helenius and also I keep hearing Sennecke is going top 10.
Will come down to preference but we've seen it a million times where smaller guys get bumped.
I don't know, go look at the Calgary Puck 2024 draft thread, Catton names is the one that comes up the most. I know it doesn't mean anything but they must have a pretty good idea of their team's need.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I don't think Iginla is very high on the Habs radar.

I think it's gonna be one of Demidov, Lindstrom or Sennecke that we pick.

Reactions: sampollock

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Only the gullible ones will melt down.

If the Habs take Dickenson or one of the D, they think there they are undisputed BPA. This is about establishing the waives of talent more than listing guys one after another.

That doesn't mean he breaks out like them in the future. What it means is he is on a great development track. Hold your horses because last year proved he can be a top 6F. He has to earn the next waive of production to reach the next level. You can believe he can and will but that's an unknown and a guess.

I like what I see too but lets not pump 50 pts and 20 goals to 30 goals and 70+ pts yet. Let him get to that level and earn it. Basically, I give them the status once they ern it, not before based on hope or being on a good track.

You are basically approaching it like his agent and I'm approaching it like a NHL GM. NHL GM's like to pay guys for what they do, not what the future says as a possibility. Agents like to pump up their client and get paid for future growth. But for every player who shows promise and reaches it, there are many others who don't reach it.
Some reports push several of the D as #1 D candidates, but others suggest flaws and difficulties translating their games.

I was pushing for D, but st this point maybe Silayev if there is a run on forwards top 4?

I expect the habs think they can work with some guys. Demidov’s knees worry me, he has unusual skating and knee injuries, maybe his style makes him vulnerable?

I was somewhat down on Sennecke and meh on Iginla, but maybe they would be they would be the best picks. There may not be top line or top pairing talent and that is normal got 5OA.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I don't know, go look at the Calgary Puck 2024 draft thread, Catton names is the one that comes up the most. I know it doesn't mean anything but they must have a pretty good idea of their team's need.
Every fan base always wants the best dangler not the REAL need that GM's want...but we shall see, he is a top 10 talent.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Honestly, Sennecke at 5... i like him... that's a pick i would be disappointed at 5.

Because if we consider him at 5, it likely means Lindstrom and Demidov are gone.

Then it would mean skipping on a top D for Sennecke.

I have qualms about selecting Sennecke that high as well, but it's one of those "eh, wait and see" situations. Reminiscent of the past two drafts.

The only one I'd have a semi-passionate, please god no reaction to among the top 10 selections is Levshunov.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
More like Buium from that top 5.

Size. Small frame. And despite that, he most likely will go top 10.

But he's an ultra elite talent. Shouldn't matter. Bedard went 1 while being 5'9. Same with Kane. Hughes was pretty small too. Catton should be going top 5 100 % as an ultra elite talent

Pre-draft talent isn't the only thing, is it? Translatability, their perceived likelihood to thrive in the NHL, external factors, trends, etc.

True and when you factor in everything as I have in previous posts, I don't see Catton being in the top 5 forwards that Habs should consider if you include celebrini

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
But he's an ultra elite talent. Shouldn't matter. Bedard went 1 while being 5'9. Same with Kane. Hughes was pretty small too. Catton should be going top 5 100 % as an ultra elite talent
This post is reeking of sarcasm and not sure where this is coming from lmao but he isn't Bedard good, more like Marco Rossi who went #9

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Anyone here expecting any change in McKenzie's top 5 tomorrow?
As of the last update his top 5 was:
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Silayev
  4. Levshunov
  5. Lindstrom
I think Demidov's updated height/weight plus the recent Michkov news should be more than enough to keep Demidov at 2nd. I can't see Silayev or Levshunov moving out of the top 5 either. 8/10 scouts had Lindstrom in their top 5 last time, I'm expecting that number to be lower tomorrow with the news of his back injury. I don't think there's any prospect that'll garner enough votes to kick him out of Bob's top 5 though.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I have qualms about selecting Sennecke that high as well, but it's one of those "eh, wait and see" situations. Reminiscent of the past two drafts.

The only one I'd have a semi-passionate, please god no reaction to among the top 10 selections is Levshunov.
Why this reaction on Levshunov? I share the same qualms with Sennecke at 5.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Anyone here expecting any change in McKenzie's top 5 tomorrow?
As of the last update his top 5 was:
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Silayev
  4. Levshunov
  5. Lindstrom
I think Demidov's updated height/weight plus the recent Michkov news should be more than enough to keep Demidov at 2nd. I can't see Silayev or Levshunov moving out of the top 5 either. 8/10 scouts had Lindstrom in their top 5 last time, I'm expecting that number to be lower tomorrow with the news of his back injury. I don't think there's any prospect that'll garner enough votes to kick him out of Bob's top 5 though.
I wouldn't be shocked to see a shakeup in the 2 D. Maybe Buium supplants one of the other 2 D. Or maybe Dickinson. I think the 3 forwards are all a lock to still be in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad