HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
His production is overrated? Lol he just posted the best season by a draft eligible D of all time in the NCAA. He more than doubled Makar’s D+1 production, and bested Quinn Hughes’ D+1 production by 17 points. You can have your opinion on the player, but that is just a dumb statement; there’s no way around it.
You obviously didn’t understand what I said lol

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Frankly this year...I will probably just say...well....okay? LOL. No matter who we pick. Though at 5, I will have a harder time with Eiserman and Helenius. First one because of how unidimensional he is, and Helenius just because he is a meh pick to me. But then meh picks can do great thinks. I wasn't THAT enthusiastic with Lundell. And geez is Florida happy with him right now.

My 3 favorite picks for habs right now (if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone) are Iginla, Dickinson and Sennecke. In order.
I'm leaning Iginla as I said, maybe even in front of Demidov if I'm being honest. I see legit big moments player potential in him, he just has that '' aura''. He has the moxie to play in the Montreal market too, I don't see him getting intimidated by it at all, he seems super solid between the ears.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm leaning Iginla as I said, maybe even in front of Demidov if I'm being honest. I see legit big moments player potential in him, he just has that '' aura''. He has the moxie to play in the Montreal market too, I don't see him getting intimidated by it at all, he seems super solid between the ears.

Same with me. I think Iggy becomes a better all around player and shows up in the playoffs. Type of player who fits in our core well and does what he needs to do for the team. This kid is just starting to show signs of breaking out.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Just throwing it out there. For me there are two main targets at the draft; Demidov and Lindstrom. What happens if both are selected with the #2-4 picks? Would you be opposed to trading back if a team calls?

What if a team like Calgary calls and they offer 9 and 28 for 5?

Then use picks 26 and 28 to either move up in the draft or to pick up a roster player that fits the teams timeline.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just throwing it out there. For me there are two main targets at the draft; Demidov and Lindstrom. What happens if both are selected with the #2-4 picks? Would you be opposed to trading back if a team calls?

Then use picks 26 and 28 to either move up in the draft or to pick up a roster player that fits the teams timeline.

Good year to trade back IMHO.

Reactions: Habsrule

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1718289300760.png

May the odds be ever in your favor.....but it seems like Tij's fans won't happy.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

Who are the other two players besides Cele that were taken?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If I had to guess.. these are the paths to Demidov or Lindstrom

To Demidov:
SJS - Celebrini
CHI - Levshunov
ANA - Silayev
CBJ - Lindstrom

To Lindstrom:
SJS - Celebrini
CHI - Demidov
ANA - Levshunov
CBJ - Silayev

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Silayev, No. 1 on NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of International skaters eligible for the 2024 NHL Upper Deck NHL Draft at Sphere in Las Vegas on June 28-29, had the most points by an under-18 player in KHL history. The defenseman passed current NHL forward Vladimir Tarasenko.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If I had to guess.. these are the paths to Demidov or Lindstrom

To Demidov:
SJS - Celebrini
CHI - Levshunov
ANA - Silayev
CBJ - Lindstrom

To Lindstrom:
SJS - Celebrini
CHI - Demidov
ANA - Levshunov
CBJ - Silayev

Who knoes, maybe Timmins and CLB might be tempted by Dickinson!

Dickinson-Jiricek would be a very very good pairing for them for years to come. That would be logical.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
No offense but that's an insane argument to me. It's a team sport, and Karlsson was his team for many of those years. Would you hold it against Lemieux that he only made the playoffs once in his first 6 seasons in a league where 16 of 21 teams make it?

As for his 100 point season, he absolutely made his team better when he was out there. Barring empty net goals, he was even in plus minus which is pretty impressive in and of itself on a team with a -82 goal differential.

As for the Pittsburgh argument, they have an aging roster, it's not really surprising to see a fall off at some point.
I have never seen lower expectations for a star player.

But to each their own.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Crazy to me that anyone would pick Karlson ahead of Pietrangelo. Winning the Cup is the whole point of this game and Pietrangelo did it twice to Karlson's zero. And it's not just numbers of cups. Karlsson had long playoff runs only twice in his career. Once in Ottawa, in his best season of his career, the only season I could see an argument for wanting Karlsson ahead of Pie. Then in his first season in San Jose, which was still a good team then.

In terms of making his team better, he arguably did it for most of his Ottawa years, although there was still not much playoff success for them.

Since then, San Jose had the same record before Karlsson to the year he came on board. Then the wagon fell off, which isn't his fault necessarily, but he didn't make them better either. His 100 point season, you can decide to view as you wish. To me, it was a joke of a season for a player who didn't take his team and responsibilities seriously. And San Jose was so bad this season, it would be hard to argue his 100 point season made his team any better. This year Pittsburgh was even worse than last year without him. For a guy you need to pay assets to get, he certainly doesn't improve your team much.
You can’t win a cup when you’re on crap teams. Is Gilbert Dionne better than Marcel? And let me introduce you to Carey Price.

Flip the teams around. Does Pietrangelo win a cup on those Ottawa clubs? Of course not.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
With more and more viewings of the Top 15-ish prospects, I'm becoming increasingly comfortable and intrigued by Sennecke at 5. His production was as good as Iginla's in the last half of the season and I feel he's still pretty raw - there's a lot to bring out in his game and he could be a real star. I think I'd still prefer Lindstrom or Demidov, but I'd be good if we end up with Sennecke.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wonder how big of a voice Timmins has in the Jacket's staff. We know he loves his Dmen and he's better pretty good at picking them historically. This might be the true wildcard in the whole thing. I could definitely picture him being crazy about Dickinson or Silayev and pushing pretty hard in that direction.

Reactions: DiglettDangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad