HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Right, but Demidov is among them, and he's the only forward that is true for. What I'm saying is CLB is not guaranteed to automatically take Lindstrom if both he and Demidov are on the board.

Again, I agree this is the more likely scenario to play out, but the quality of Demidov will be at least considered before they decide their final choice.
Sennecke and Iginla are other forward who could be selected ahead of Demidov and Lindstrom

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
View attachment 882154

May the odds be ever in your favor.....but it seems like Tij's fans won't happy.

Meh. I'm a huge fan of Iginla and I'm not really pissed. I expected it.

For some reason this organization is never going to go the easy route.

A guy who's a really projectable 30 goals 30 assists sniper with a good all-around game? Nah. Better take the mystery box. Who knows. It might just end up being a 31 goals 31 assists player.

At this point I'm not even sure we would pick Demidov if he fell to 5. Wayyyyy too simple.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I don't know if this one has been posted already, sorry if it's a repeat. Bukala was a long time scout in various roles, so he does have some credibility. He has Iginla in front if all the other forwards not named Celebrini or Demidov.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Were you there checking the calibration of the equipment or something?

Even if not correct in absolute terms, there's no reason to doubt Dickinson's body fat % was at the extreme low end of all the prospects at the combine.
Why should we trust this? 3.64 is Andreas Münzer territory. Most Mr. olympia don't even get that low.

Reactions: Andrei79

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Why should we trust this? 3.64 is Andreas Münzer territory. Most Mr. olympia don't even get that low.

I'm 99% sure they did the test with bodyfat calipers. Most calculus using those give some outrageously low numbers.

Last time I got tested I got like 8% and there's no way I was sub-12-13%. In fact I probably was closer to 15%.

Anyway. Most tests are off. The only way to know the exact bodyfat of a person is to cut him open. By all means, the number is only good for comparison and progression purposes.

This is still impressive though, as based on the number of other prospects, it seems like he was pretty easily the leanest of the bunch being over 200 pounds as an 18 years old.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm 99% sure they did the test with bodyfat calipers. Most calculus using those give some outrageously low numbers.

Last time I got tested I got like 8% and there's no way I was sub-12-13%. In fact I probably was closer to 15%.

Anyway. Most tests are off. The only way to know the exact bodyfat of a person is to cut him open. By all means, the number is only good for comparison and progression purposes.

This is still impressive though, as based on the number of other prospects, it seems like he was pretty easily the leanest of the bunch being over 200 pounds as an 18 years old.
He's in shape, we know that much, all you have to do is look at him.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
You can pencil Iginla on the starting lineup of any team that picks him in the season 2025-2026. Dream player beside a guy like Dach...
I like these combination of players with our 5th and 26th picks:
1. Demidov and Surin
2. Lindstrom and Basha
3. Iginla and Beaudoin
4. Sennecke and Cole Hudson or Sasha Boisvert

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Question for you guys.

We know that the 7th , 10th and 11th picks could be in play;

Ottawa
New Jersey
Buffalo.

We know also that a pick in the top 10 is very very expensive:

Let's say that Hughes would want another pick in the top 11 to be able to draft 2 forwards or 1d and 1 forward....;

Would you trade Mike Matheson for one of those 3 picks?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Question for you guys.

Ottawa
New Jersey
Buffalo.

Let's say that Hughes would want another pick in the top 11 to be able to draft 2 forwards or 1d and 1 forward....;

Yes and would pay for his Uber to the airport - he’s been great, better than expected but he’s at where we should’ve dealt Petry to maximize value and we aren’t competing next couple of years

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Question for you guys.

Ottawa
New Jersey
Buffalo.

Matheson alone for one of those picks? Sure, if a prospect of interest is still on the board. Of the players who may realistically be available, one of Catton, Sennecke, Yakemchuk would be wonderful.

Of course, any the top ranked guys would be great should he fall to the 7th, 10th or 11th spot.

Pretty sure that that the Habs would have to add another asset in the deal, particularly for the 7th overall

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't think the Habs would be looking to move Matheson right now but I do wonder how far could the Habs possibly move up in this draft from the 26th pick with a Matheson, the 2024 26th pick, plus the Florida 2025 1st package.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Meh. I'm a huge fan of Iginla and I'm not really pissed. I expected it.

For some reason this organization is never going to go the easy route.

A guy who's a really projectable 30 goals 30 assists sniper with a good all-around game? Nah. Better take the mystery box. Who knows. It might just end up being a 31 goals 31 assists player.

At this point I'm not even sure we would pick Demidov if he fell to 5. Wayyyyy too simple.
Why you always belly achin

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's me! Thank you for posting. I had a subscription-based website back before covid that did okay but still not that great. I just find it fun to watch the prospects while I'm editing things down so the amount of work is worth it for me. I don't really care if I make anything or not. YouTube is more fun than running a website, I will say that. Fun to have everything public and see all the views/comments come in.

I pay for lots of league subscriptions and edit everything myself. Instat took some of my editing side work away when some junior teams and rich hockey parents realized they could just use that instead so I have no love for them haha.

Enjoy!!

You do gods work. Easily the best shift by shifts on YouTube. I used to pay for your website back then.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Question for you guys.

Ottawa
New Jersey
Buffalo.

I’m late to the party; Ottawa is entertaining moving the 7th Ov pick??

That’s just a recipe for disaster. They badly need a D and that spot is prime for an outstanding one.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I really hope we can package 26 and 57 to move up in the 16-20 range, we really need top end prospects

I agree I hope we move up into the 10-16 range but we have to ask ourselves, why would a team trade back? Clearly there is a drop off after 15 or 16 so why would a team take a bunch of lesser picks and or prospect to trade out? Given that reason I don’t think we see it happen.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I agree I hope we move up into the 10-16 range but we have to ask ourselves, why would a team trade back? Clearly there is a drop off after 15 or 16 so why would a team take a bunch of lesser picks and or prospect to trade out? Given that reason I don’t think we see it happen.
A team heading into a rebuild that has bare cupboards could potentially value quantity over quality.

If we're offering up a young NHL proven defensemen, a later 1st and a few later picks then I could see some teams valuing that over a single "dart" in the 10-15 range that could either hit or miss.

Reactions: Rapala

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's me! Thank you for posting. I had a subscription-based website back before covid that did okay but still not that great. I just find it fun to watch the prospects while I'm editing things down so the amount of work is worth it for me. I don't really care if I make anything or not. YouTube is more fun than running a website, I will say that. Fun to have everything public and see all the views/comments come in.

I pay for lots of league subscriptions and edit everything myself. Instat took some of my editing side work away when some junior teams and rich hockey parents realized they could just use that instead so I have no love for them haha.

Enjoy!!

no problem as I can relate to the amount of time, energy and expense. For me I just hate doing all that editing but have figured out a few short cuts here and there.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I agree with @DramaticGloveSave that Buium is getting overrated. If you have questions on Hutsons offense translating, you should have the same questions about Buiums as Buium creates offense in much the same way but Hutson does it with greater effectiveness and with a higher quality than Buium.

Buiums point totals are high and inflated by his team. He's still a great point producer but being mentioned like Makar, just no. Makar was always seen as dynamic with insane skating, his competition was just so poor that it caused hesitancy on whether it looked better than what it was due to quality of competition.

Buium is 6'0 so he's average height. His skating is not great same thing as Lane the edges and agility are great but the straight line speed isn't great. Buium isn't physical or intimidating. He's got 2nd pair offense and 2nd pair defense. He's a good player but he's a bit of a weird study. He doesn't play PP over Lane and can't play with Lane since they both do the same things. He doesn't play PK over Guhle or Xhekaj or Reinbacher or struble etc.

A top 5 pick on a guy who isn't going to be on pp1 or pk1, it's just an odd fit. Even Cam Robinson who loves the kid said on a podcast that he's likely not a pp1 guy and is more of your 40 pt defenseman in the NHL.
I honestly have little doubt that Hutson will be the more productive and dynamic NHLer.

Buium will be good but he’ll be more of the cerebral type, think older Markov.

Hutson is the one who has the chance to be the dynamic high point producer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad