HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
we should draft like in 2022 with Slaf and Mesar

Lindstrom and Basha
or
Demidov and Chernyshov
or
Silayev and Artamonov
or
Eiserman and Hutson
Eiserman and Huston would be a horrendous draft, Eiserman is not worthy of a top 5 pick and 2 5'10 Dmen in your D core is a recipe for failure

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Ill start off by saying I want a forward, because we need some offensive punch. Hoping for Demidov at this point, but open to Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla and Sennecke. Truly any one of them would suffice.

But, let's think about playoffs, and the type of player we want built for the playoffs. What are some comparables of the top 10?

Celebrini - Stamkos?
Levshonov - Doughty?
Dickinson - Pietrangelo?
Demidov - is he a Marner or a Kucherov?
Lindstrom - Byfield?
Iginla - Iginla?
Buium - Q Hughes?
Catton - Point?
Sennecke - Perry?
Silyayev - Chara?

Obviously not all of these guys hit these heights, it would be a record draft.

Who is going to be the guy that does though? I'm stuck on Demidov. But.....if he is a Marner, as an example, I would rather have a Pietraneglo if I am being honest. It is such a crap shoot. Every year we get hung up on the top 10 and banter about who the pick should be, only for a guy like Wyatt Johnson to step up.

I hope our guys make a wise choice! No matter who they pick, I will trust them, because in the end, they know more than any of us do.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
The first two yes, especially the first one.
Silayev and Artamonov is a great one too.

Eiserman and Huston would be a horrendous draft, Eiserman is not worthy of a top 5 pick and 2 5'10 Dmen in your D core is a recipe for failure
Eiserman could be the best goal scorer in this draft ,, 40 goals a year if well surrounded.
I think he will be better the Caufield

Trade Ghule for Zegras
and draft Silayev and Artamonov

CC-Suzuki-Zegras
Slaf-Dach-Newhook
Artamonov-Beck-Roy
Mesar-Kapanen-RHP

Silayev-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Wifi
Struble-Bogdan

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Ill start off by saying I want a forward, because we need some offensive punch. Hoping for Demidov at this point, but open to Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla and Sennecke. Truly any one of them would suffice.

But, let's think about playoffs, and the type of player we want built for the playoffs. What are some comparables of the top 10?

Celebrini - Stamkos?
Levshonov - Doughty?
Dickinson - Pietrangelo?
Lindstrom - Byfield?
Iginla - Iginla?
Buium - Q Hughes?
Catton - Point?
Sennecke - Perry?
Silyayev - Chara?

Who is going to be the guy that does though? I'm stuck on Demidov. But.....if he is a Marner, as an example, I would rather have a Pietraneglo if I am being honest. It is such a crap shoot. Every year we get hung up on the top 10 and banter about who the pick should be, only for a guy like Wyatt Johnson to step up.

I hope our guys make a wise choice! No matter who they pick, I will trust them, because in the end, they know more than any of us do.

The problem with these comparisons is they're usually way off the mark and serve as a faulty premise to other arguments, like the one you made regarding Marner vs Pietrangelo. Maybe this Marner is a playoff monster and that Pietrangelo struggles in big games. We won't know until they play multiple seasons with good teams. This is why scouts usually qualify where they project what role these players will have (Top line skilled winger, good on the PP) and then try to factor in character and compete, to again try to project whether that game will translate during higher stakes situations.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
The problem with these comparisons is they're usually way off the mark and serve as a faulty premise to other arguments, like the one you made regarding Marner vs Pietrangelo. Maybe this Marner is a playoff monster and that Pietrangelo struggles in big games. We won't know until they play multiple seasons with good teams. This is why scouts usually qualify where they project what role these players will have (Top line skilled winger, good on the PP) and then try to factor in character and compete, to again try to project whether that game will translate during higher stakes situations.
The compete and heart is part of the equation as you said. The interviews are huge in trying to make that assessment. And you are right. Maybe this Marner is more of a Kucherov. We won't know until they are truly tested. I will confidently state that a guy like Slaf will raise his game come playoff time though. We nailed that.

Reactions: Andrei79

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Silayev and Artamonov is a great one too.

Eiserman could be the best goal scorer in this draft ,, 40 goals a year if well surrounded.
I think he will be better the Caufield

Trade Ghule for Zegras
and draft Silayev and Artamonov

CC-Suzuki-Zegras
Slaf-Dach-Newhook
Artamonov-Beck-Roy
Mesar-Kapanen-RHP

Silayev-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Wifi
Struble-Bogdan
Caufield’s injury messed him up last year and might mess him up this year. But his play was such that he should’ve had 50 - or close to it last year. His shots from the slot yielded 5 percent - about a third of a year earlier. He gets to where he needs to be but his greatest asset - his shot - has been compromised. Hopefully it’s temporary.

Eiserman has better size and all the physical tools to succeed. But there are holes in his game. Still, even with all those holes he still managed to break CC’s record. The talent is there but it needs to be developed properly. He needs a far more complete game than what he’s got.

But he’s also one of the youngest players in the draft… more time to develop than others.

His potential is insane. But he’s home run swing. He doesn’t have CC’s drive. Even when CC loses the puck, he gets right back on it. There’s a lot of fight in him. I don’t see that in Eiserman and that’s concerning. It’s why he’s falling in the draft for sure

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The compete and heart is part of the equation as you said. The interviews are huge in trying to make that assessment. And you are right. Maybe this Marner is more of a Kucherov. We won't know until they are truly tested. I will confidently state that a guy like Slaf will raise his game come playoff time though. We nailed that.
And sometimes it takes a while. Datsyuk was a pretty weak playoff player until he found his groove. Maybe the same thing will happen with Marner. Who knows?

Reactions: waitin425

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Caufield’s injury messed him up last year and might mess him up this year. But his play was such that he should’ve had 50 - or close to it last year. His shots from the slot yielded 5 percent - about a third of a year earlier. He gets to where he needs to be but his greatest asset - his shot - has been compromised. Hopefully it’s temporary.

Eiserman has better size and all the physical tools to succeed. But there are holes in his game. Still, even with all those holes he still managed to break CC’s record. The talent is there but it needs to be developed properly. He needs a far more complete game than what he’s got.

But he’s also one of the youngest players in the draft… more time to develop than others.

His potential is insane. But he’s home run swing. He doesn’t have CC’s drive. Even when CC loses the puck, he gets right back on it. There’s a lot of fight in him. I don’t see that in Eiserman and that’s concerning. It’s why he’s falling in the draft for sure
whatching him play in the WJC he was not lazy at all, i say him going after the puck hard.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
whatching him play in the WJC he was not lazy at all, i say him going after the puck hard.
I didn’t get to see the WJC.

But I have watched some of his games and he quits on plays. He has habits that need correction and doesn’t have near the fire that Caufield does.

Cc knew he had to have fire if he wanted to be in the show. He was small and had to go above and beyond. Eiserman seems to coast off his talent some times.

But the talent’s there. Even if you don’t notice him, at the end of the game he’s got two goals. The guy can score and that’s the most valuable skill a player can have.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Celebrini - Stamkos?
Levshonov - Doughty?
Dickinson - Pietrangelo?
Lindstrom - Byfield?
Iginla - Iginla?
Buium - Q Hughes?
Catton - Point?
Sennecke - Perry?
Silyayev - Chara?

Lindstrom is likely more mean/physical than Byfield, Iginla is not really a powerforward per say as much as he's a sniper, and Sennecke doesn't have the kind of rat game/physical game Perry has/had.

Not sure Dickinson has the offensive game Pietrangelo has neither.

Comparables are always sketchy at best anyway.

Some have mentionned Brandon Hagel when talking about Iginla and I tend to think this is a decent comparison.

Ironically, if there's a Jarome Iginla in this draft, the guy who ressembles him the most is likely Cayden Lindstrom.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitin425

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
My final top 32 :

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Dickinson
4- Buium
5- Lindstrom
6- Ignila
7- Yakemchuk
8- Parekh
9 - Levshunov
10 - Catton
11 - Sennecke
12 - Eiserman
13 - Silayev
14 - Helenius
15- Brandsegg-Nygard
16 - Connelly
17 - Ej Emery
18 - Solberg
19 - Ritchie
20 - Basha
21 - Hage
22 - Jiricek
23 - Boisvert
24 - Surin
25 - Greentree
26- Chernyshov
27- Emming
28- Luchanko
29- Artanamov
30- Hutson
31- Parascak
32- Letourneau

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Lindstrom is likely more mean/physical than Byfield, Iginla is not really a powerforward per say as much as he's a sniper, and Sennecke doesn't have the kind of rat game/physical game Perry has/had.

Not sure Dickinson has the offensive game Pietrangelo has neither.

Comparables are always sketchy at best anyway.

Some have mentionned Brandon Hagel when talking about Iginla and I tend to think this is a decent comparison.

Ironically, if there's a Jarome Iginla in this draft, the guy who ressembles him the most is likely Cayden Lindstrom.
I love the dimension Lindstrom would provide. Size and agression with sniping ability. Interesting that he's got more goals than assists... leads me to think that he might be a winger but we'll see. I think he and Dach could be incredible together and as others have posted we could throw Slaf there too for a Legion of Doom line.

That would leave Nick, CC and Roy together. Not a bad line either.

Reactions: Seb

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I love the dimension Lindstrom would provide. Size and agression with sniping ability. Interesting that he's got more goals than assists... leads me to think that he might be a winger but we'll see. I think he and Dach could be incredible together and as others have posted we could throw Slaf there too for a Legion of Doom line.

It's such a hard choice (Lindstrom vs Demidov).

On one hand you have a pure skilled guy who has the potential to be 80-100pts.

On the other hand you have this skilled monster who rips it.

I love both so much it's a shame we can only pick one. Both provide a different dimension that is very enticing.

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
There are clearly no favorites after Celebrini. But Demidov/Lindstrom still come up the most often. Sennecke/Iggy/Catton also get some love...and this is only counting forwards! Add in 2 or 3 Dmen they appear to like and we REALLY dont know our guy yet.

Reactions: Rozz and Redux91

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

I think there's a healthy chance he's not there at 5 though unfortunately.

I can't imagine a world where Timmins is not literally drooling at the prospect of getting this guy.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
It's such a hard choice (Lindstrom vs Demidov).

On one hand you have a pure skilled guy who has the potential to be 80-100pts.

On the other hand you have this skilled monster who rips it.

I love both so much it's a shame we can only pick one. Both provide a different dimension that is very enticing.
The problem with Lindstrom is the idea of him is amazing, but if his game doesn't translate he's just another large guy in the league that keeps up and that's it. Is he dominating junior BECAUSE he's huge or does he dominate and also happens to be huge? Is he Ryan Getzlaf or Nick Ritchie?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
The problem with Lindstrom is the idea of him is amazing, but if his game doesn't translate he's just another large guy in the league that keeps up and that's it. Is he dominating junior BECAUSE he's huge or does he dominate and also happens to be huge? Is he Ryan Getzlaf or Nick Ritchie?
The same can be said about Demidov, what if his skills and play style doesn't translate to the NHL? He's out of the league in a few years while Lindstrom could at the very least be an effective 3rd liner.

Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

When I see Lindstrom, I see Slaf. He is very very good. He have great hands, great skating ability, great IQ. This guy have all tools to dominate like Slaf.

The difference it's like Lindstrom is more goalscorer and Slaf is more playmaker. But both are oustanding big players, nothing to compare with Nick Ritchie.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom

That top 4 looks pretty crystalized to me.

Now the decision for us is Demidov, Buium or Sennecke.

I know everyone will say Demidov easy, and I hope it is Demidov, but I bet its closer than we think between the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad