HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
To me he’s shown more of a willingness to come to NA than Michkov did. The issue is that potential lost year of development since his team might try and be petty with him.
Yes but food for thought the last Russian player drafted out of Russia in the top 5 of a draft was in 2004 with Malkin and Ovechkin 🤯

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
I really think that Lindstrom to the Blackhawks makes a lot of sense. Hockey Prospects got that right.

Anaheim goes D. The wild card is Columbus. Do they pick Demidov or opt for a top pairing d-man? We'll soon see...

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
If Chicago takes Demidov 2, we are pretty much f***ed.

We also can't have Anaheim get too enthralled with Lindstrom over the defenseman.

If Chicago goes Demidov at 2, CBJ is gonna take Lindstrom at 4.

So really Chicago holds our path to either Demidov or Lindstrom, if they go Demidov, we are pretty much boned and looking at our secondary targets which may be defenseman which complicates our future projection even more.
Trading back a couple spots would probably be our best course of action. If not, a straight trade of 5OA for an established difference maker up front could be a possibility.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
to be fair with Pierre he did say hed draft Brady instead of KK but all moot after Carey Price meltdown :cheer:
I remember him saying this on TSN 690 prior to the draft. He was straight to the point saying that BY was already proready and his game would translate well to the nHl. When asked who he would take it was BT without question.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure this is happening with the rest of you, but I'm constantly flip flopping between scenarios and wanting a different player every few days.

Currently I think Demidov/Lindstrom are the best possible outcomes for us forward-wise. Very different players, but both would have a huge impact on the franchise. I'm leaning Lindstrom because having such a mean big man in the top6 would really help us kick teams in the teeth for years. And I'm not talking about fighting, I'm talking about a skilled player who can overpower opponents and force this issue. I'm talking what Anderson is supposed to be, and a C to boot. Give Suzuki/CC/Slafkovsky/Dach a teammate like that and we can terrorize come playoff time. I think CLB will end up getting him at 4, but if that happens I bet both CHI and ANA have drafted Dmen.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
"Oh hi Mr Hughes, heck what a coincidence that Cole Eiserman is in the same restaurant as the Habs management. Cole Eiserman loves steak. Do you mind if Cole Eiserman sits down at your table so Cole Eiserman can order a meal with y'all?"

- Habs combine meal with Cole Eiserman (probably)

1718055575314.png

1718055473824.png

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Here's my dream scenario for our picks. Listed in order of preference (3 options per pick)

5th overall:
Ivan Demidov/Berkly Catton/Cayden Lindstrom

26th overall:
Teddy Stiga/Andrew Basha/Dean Letourneau

57th overall:
John Mustard/Linus Eriksson/Raoul Boilard

70th overall:
Aatos Koivu/Carson Wetsch/Jacob Battaglia

78th overall:
Nathan Villenueve/Tomas Mrsic/AJ Spellacy

102nd overall:
Yegor Graf/Ethan Procyszyn/Ilya Protas

130th overall:
Oskar Vuollet/Jack Pridham/Ilya Nabokov

134th overall:
Eriks Mateiko/Javon Moore/Eemil Vinni

166th overall:
Hagen Burrows/Ilya Pautov/Miloslav Holinka

198th overall:
Luca Testa/Viktor Olofsson/Arsen Taimazov

210th overall:
Heikki Ruohonen/Andrei Krutov/Gabriel Eliasson

222nd overall:
Herman Traff/Matvey Babenko/Maxmillian Curran
I wouldn't take Demidov and Stiga both. Lindstrom and Stiga my picks for first round. Boilard good for 2nd round. Our 3rd I like Wetsch/Sam O'Reilly or Brunicke. The 4th round Ruohonen

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I'm sure this is happening with the rest of you, but I'm constantly flip flopping between scenarios and wanting a different player every few days.

I'm not sure if it's because I haven't done as much research this year or it's just a really tough to discern group, but I'm less worried about who they go with than normal. I've seen rational arguments for like 6 different guys.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I trust his opinion on Connelly more than I do Snake. I see warts in his game as well. He plays entitled which makes sense because he seems to be an entitled little shit.
How old are you again? Social media is wild.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are people saying the worst case scenario is being left to pick a potential top pairing d man?
Nope. The worst case scenario is which D ++ will have to be moved for a 2nd line forward that some team has soured on rather than taking our chances on an entry level forward with potential high ceiling. :sarcasm:

All depends where Habs see separation and whether they consider that there is a forward at 5 that is in the same tier as that D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad