HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting, Levshunov, Surin, Parekh, Simashev and our very own Bogdan Konyushkov are all Milstein clients 👀.
Milstein has a huge list of Russian clients. I wonder if he left any for other agents and whether any of them are part of this draft class.

Do I understand that “Russian Combine” only means Milstein clients? After all, only Milstein/GoldStar is being named as the party organizing it.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Milstein has a huge list of Russian clients. I wonder if he left any for other agents and whether any of them are part of this draft class.

Do I understand that “Russian Combine” only means Milstein clients? After all, only Milstein/GoldStar is being named as the party organizing it.

That appears correct, it's a Milstein showcase, for players who can't go to the combine, and he has a lot of Russian clients. Insert some Venn diagram for all factors and it happens to be pretty overlapping.

to be fair with Pierre he did say hed draft Brady instead of KK but all moot after Carey Price meltdown :cheer:

Even a broken clock....anyway, he was "right" on that one (Hughes would be even better) but I think this is just an example of his bias aligning correctly for once, rather than a good comparative analysis or anything deep.

Reactions: Runner77 and Leto

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Yes Russian & Ukranian

Reactions: Runner77

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
to be fair with Pierre he did say hed draft Brady instead of KK but all moot after Carey Price meltdown :cheer:
Pierre will always fall in love with players from the US college system and the USNDTP program, rarely will he pick a prospect from anywhere else when it comes to favorites

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He is talking about Trevor Connelly. During the U18 finals (USA vs Canada), Team USA was leading 3-2 with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd period. Connelly took a 5-minute major penalty and was booted out of the game. Canada scored 3 goals during that PP. That won Canada the gold medal.​
crazy

so did many of us

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
One thing that surprised me is how Sennecke isn’t at all considered at 5. I find his overall package (skills + size) to be the most unique of the draft. Sure, there are question marks on some things like all prospects but his absolute ceiling may be the highest in the draft if he puts it all together. I’d think they would be bet on Adam Nicholas being able to get him there. Oh well, I’ll get over it I guess.
The bolded part is the problem for a guy you're drafting at 5OA. Cannot afford to screw this up. Iginla is a much safer pick at 5, and will likely be a very good top 6 forward also even if his "in a perfect world" ceiling is a bit lower than Sennecke's. We don't inhabit a perfect world.

Reactions: Kents polished head

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Do not listen to the heretics!

Priests of other prospects will whisper "russian factor", "complicated geopolitical situation" and "performed well in a weaker league" into your ears, but do not let it enter your heart!

Keep the faith in the one and only Demigod! Praise be to all who keep the faith!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why is there a Russian factor with Demidov, but not with Silayev?

It's the CSKA factor.

Silayev is with torpedo, signed for a bit more term but expected to come over when it ends and Larionov is a good contact, people are comfortable with him.

They're more worried that CSKA either pressures Demidov into a longer term deal, especially with his brothers there, and with no ability to loan him out they could kill another year of his development by putting him back in the MHL with no recourse.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why is there a Russian factor with Demidov, but not with Silayev?
Because Silayev’s organization has shown a willingness to play and develop him. His coach is Igor Larionov who seems to appreciate young players. Silayev has a contract for two more years and he needs the time to develop.

Demidov has been unwilling to sign a new contract with SKA. They have kept him down in a league way too easy for him to be petty. They might do the same thing next season which would be a wasted year.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad