HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
FWIW, if we REALLY don't want to miss on one of the forwards, the Ducks are a pretty natural trade partner for us. They can still get whichever Dman they wanted just fine at #5, plus a little extra on top from us. I don't know what they would want to sweeten the deal, but it should be doable, we've got plenty of prospects/picks to make a deal with.
Teams don’t move up / down or trade top-5 picks in the draft…just doesn’t happen anymore.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Demidov, if everything goes well and I mean well is likely a 90-100 point winger. There's always a possibility if things go well, he goes even higher, but I feel like that's a fair assessment on his ceiling if everything Goss right.

For Lindstrom you're looking at a player at, or just above a ppg player, 35+ goals while adding a big, mean power forward with nice wheels.

Again, Lindstrom could hit and have things go very well and be a 50 goal scorer and over 100 points, but trying not to go too far.

So, it makes senses that teams, or at least the Habs would prefer Lindstrom over Demidov.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Demidov, if everything goes well and I mean well is likely a 90-100 point winger. There's always a possibility if things go well, he goes even higher, but I feel like that's a fair assessment on his ceiling if everything Goss right.

For Lindstrom you're looking at a player at, or just above a ppg player, 35+ goals while adding a big, mean power forward with nice wheels.

Again, Lindstrom could hit and have things go very well and be a 50 goal scorer and over 100 points, but trying not to go too far.

So, it makes senses that teams, or at least the Habs would prefer Lindstrom over Demidov.

Demidov can be developed as a center but he needs a couple years to mature physically first.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If Chicago takes Demidov 2, we are pretty much f***ed.

We also can't have Anaheim get too enthralled with Lindstrom over the defenseman.

If Chicago goes Demidov at 2, CBJ is gonna take Lindstrom at 4.

So really Chicago holds our path to either Demidov or Lindstrom, if they go Demidov, we are pretty much boned and looking at our secondary targets which may be defenseman which complicates our future projection even more.
Why? It seems pretty obvious at least to me that Iginla is the perfect fit.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I predict Demidov will entice some teams that are on the fence after this Russian combine where they will also be on ice and he can show off his skills.

Last edited:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Conversely, if they see guys like Iginla,Sennecke or Catton as just as good at #5, then they can just sleep easy and take them without having to trade anything. Which they might TBH, these are very good prospects and all legitimate options at #5.
True, and that could be the case, but almost every prospect ranking list and mock draft I've read have these guys outside of the top 5. Habs could see things differently, however.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If Chicago takes Demidov 2, we are pretty much f***ed.

We also can't have Anaheim get too enthralled with Lindstrom over the defenseman.

If Chicago goes Demidov at 2, CBJ is gonna take Lindstrom at 4.

So really Chicago holds our path to either Demidov or Lindstrom, if they go Demidov, we are pretty much boned and looking at our secondary targets which may be defenseman which complicates our future projection even more.
Levshunov
Dickinson
Lindstrom
Buium

All good options. One would be ours if Demidov goes 2.

If Lindstrom is gone too, then we’d have the option to pick or trade the 2nd best D in the draft (maybe best on some boards). Quality asset.

Let’s say Seattle are interested in Dickinson…
MC
Demidov
Lev
Lindstrom
Dickinson (SEA)
Buium
Parekh
Best Available F (MTL)

… then you call Calgary.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I predict Demidov will entice some teams that are in the fence after this Russian combine where they will also be on ice and he can show off his skills.

I believe it was reported this week that Demidov won't take part in the drills, but he will interview with the teams.​

• Love
Reactions: McGees

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
sorry, who is this you are talking about?

He is talking about Trevor Connelly. During the U18 finals (USA vs Canada), Team USA was leading 3-2 with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd period. Connelly took a 5-minute major penalty and was booted out of the game. Canada scored 3 goals during that PP. That won Canada the gold medal.​

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think this draft is similar to 2008 in terms of defencemen.

Doughty, Pietro, Karlsson, Josi, Carlson, and to a lesser extent, Bogosian, Schenn, Myers.

All came out of that draft. This set up has the same feel, and I think 4 or 5 of these guys could end up threatening for a Norris at some point in their career. It wasn't a very strong draft for forwards outside of Stamkos.

I just hope that if we end up with Demidov that he is not our version of Nikita Filatov.

Drafts can be such a crapshoot!

• Wow
Reactions: Nedved

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
You guys getting me excited for Demidov after I was resigned to him going top 4 suck I'm going to be so bummed if we don't take him or if he's gone before our pick :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why? It seems pretty obvious at least to me that Iginla is the perfect fit.

The sense is they'd go with one of the defenseman above the next tier of forwards and personally I think Iginla is closer to 10 than he is to 5.

Better be for their 2nd pick lol.

Yes, it's more in case they slide back or managed to grab a higher pick by moving up or through trade. Not in consideration for 5.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
One thing that surprised me is how Sennecke isn’t at all considered at 5. I find his overall package (skills + size) to be the most unique of the draft. Sure, there are question marks on some things like all prospects but his absolute ceiling may be the highest in the draft if he puts it all together. I’d think they would be bet on Adam Nicholas being able to get him there. Oh well, I’ll get over it I guess.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
One thing that surprised me is how Sennecke isn’t at all considered at 5. I find his overall package (skills + size) to be the most unique of the draft. Sure, there are question marks on some things like all prospects but his absolute ceiling may be the highest in the draft if he puts it all together. I’d think they be convinced Al that Adam Nicholas can get him there. Oh well, I’ll get over it I guess.

I expected them to be high on Sennecke and I still think they are, but maybe not above some of the defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad