HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Was kicked off multiple teams as a teenager.
Pissed in a teammates bag.
Shit in a teammates bag.
Directed slurs at his own teammates.
Directed slurs at opponents.

that's wild. hope he isn't drafted and doesn't mess up his next opportunity. at the end of the day, hockey is a business, and some of these behaviours means he needs a reminder to stop being such a shitty person.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I dont f***ing care and i now want Zeev Buium 5th overall. I watched him a lot tonight and i don't f***ing care that he is a LD.

The potential is a top 10D league wide in his prime.

Buium, Lindstrom, Demidov, its exciting.
I feel ya brother. We're all going schizo. This draft needs to happen now before I change my mind on who I want for the 8th time.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I dont f***ing care and i now want Zeev Buium 5th overall. I watched him a lot tonight and i don't f***ing care that he is a LD.

Yeah if Demidov/Lindstrom are gone and Iginla is not the forward we're looking at I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind a D.

Roster projections years in advance is a pointless exercise anyway. There are numerous examples of it blowing up in our faces in the past.

#CollbergGalchenyukBozon

Additionnally, while we have many good Ds in the pipeline, I fail to see that bonafide quarterback within the organisation. There are a couple of candidates but no slamdunks.

Say what you want about Hutson he very much still is an unproven commodity.

Reactions: Vachon23

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah if Demidov/Lindstrom are gone and Iginla is not the forward we're looking at I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind a D.

Roster projections years in advance is a pointless exercise anyway. There are numerous examples of it blowing up in our faces in the past.

#CollbergGalchenyukBozon

Additionnally, while we have many good Ds in the pipeline, I fail to see that bonafide quarterback within the organisation. There are a couple of candidates but no slamdunks.

Say what you want about Hutson he very much still is an unproven commodity.

I can't state how high i am on Hutson.

It is irrelevant

Buium is just too good to pass up.

Buium - Reinbacher is a contender 1st pairing for 15 years

Reactions: Locks and Jabba11

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

I concur.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure if it's because I haven't done as much research this year or it's just a really tough to discern group, but I'm less worried about who they go with than normal. I've seen rational arguments for like 6 different guys.
I think we finally are in a high position in a draft that basically leaves us a good safety net. In a few years yeah maybe we regret not drafting someone but whoever we pick at 5 should be a great addition

Reactions: Rozz and Canadienna

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017

Tomorrow night :

“I dont f***ing care and i now want Zayne Parekh 5th overall. I watched him a lot tonight and i don't f***ing care that he is a RD.

Parekh, Lindstrom, Demidov, its exciting”

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I vastly prefer Demidov + Reinbacher to Michkov + Dickinson/Buium/Parekh
a62f47e909a49f585550252e48aec9d17f65c921.gifv

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

MY GUY! I agreeeeeeee

Only 18 days. It’s right around the corner

This draft gonna be wiiiiiiiild especially if the rumors are true about them trading up from #26. If we pick 5 and a pick from 10-15 this board gonna go insane on draft night.

All that for Silayev at 5 and Helenius at 13 :sarcasm:
Silayev is a stud. We would be very happy to have him. Kid played with Bogan Konyushkov and under Igor Larionov.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
MY GUY! I agreeeeeeee

Silayev is a stud. We would be very happy to have him. Kid played with Bogan Konyushkov and under Igor Larionov.

Lol I was just kidding, I want nothing at all to do with Silayev/Helenius. Like please anybody but them...

But that’s just me. Whatever happens happens I’ll be cheering for the team regardless.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Lol I was just kidding, I want nothing at all to do with Silayev/Helenius. Like please anybody but them...

But that’s just me. Whatever happens happens I’ll be cheering for the team regardless.
You don't want a 6ft7 mobile 2-way defenseman that can play physical? Jk, everybody has their preferences for sure. I hope we land Demidov, but if not, I would be very happy with any of Dickinson, Buium or Silayev.

After 3 seasons of tanking, if we come out with a franchise forward, franchise RD and franchise LD then we are pretty good.

Reactions: Habs7631

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Let's not forget that if we take a D at 5, Hughes will definitely be bringing in another Dach like asset at forward

Welp looks like Canadas cup dreams are hanging by a thread

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Oilers simply getting no rebounds in front of the net - unfortunately for Edm that’s where majority of playoff goals are scored

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You don't want a 6ft7 mobile 2-way defenseman that can play physical? Jk, everybody has their preferences for sure. I hope we land Demidov, but if not, I would be very happy with any of Dickinson, Buium or Silayev.

After 3 seasons of tanking, if we come out with a franchise forward, franchise RD and franchise LD then we are pretty good.
Two-way presumes he has offensive upside, which he doesn’t.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I can see how this draft is gonna unfold at pick 5 for the Habs right now. Demidov will be sitting there at 5 and just as the Habs are gonna announce their 5th pick Eiserman will unexpectedly walk out on stage, grab the mic and announce he's gonna choose himself as the Habs 5th pick. :sarcasm:
Aw, no worries. His ego is too big to wait for the 5th. He'll do it for the 1st overall.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
we should draft like in 2022 with Slaf and Mesar

Lindstrom and Basha
or
Demidov and Chernyshov
or
Silayev and Artamonov
or
Eiserman and Hutson