HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
When I see Lindstrom, I see Slaf. He is very very good. He have great hands, great skating ability, great IQ. This guy have all tools to dominate like Slaf.

The difference it's like Lindstrom is more goalscorer and Slaf is more playmaker. But both are oustanding big players, nothing to compare with Nick Ritchie.
The ideal thing here is that with this developemnt staff, including Nicholas and Lecavalier, its clear we know how to help develop big fast players like Slaf, Dach, and maybe Lindstrom. More so, he could lean on Slaf and Dach to help teach him on the ice as well. If we get Lindstrom, he will develop to his best possible self and we'll have a fast, young, big, mean team.

Totally fine with him over Demidov

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom

That top 4 looks pretty crystalized to me.

Now the decision for us is Demidov, Buium or Sennecke.

I know everyone will say Demidov easy, and I hope it is Demidov, but I bet its closer than we think between the 3.

This is exactly my top 4 too.

Damn, if this happens, I just hope we jump on Demidov. Guy is legit.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
When I see Lindstrom, I see Slaf. He is very very good. He have great hands, great skating ability, great IQ. This guy have all tools to dominate like Slaf.

The difference it's like Lindstrom is more goalscorer and Slaf is more playmaker. But both are oustanding big players, nothing to compare with Nick Ritchie.

A line containing Slaf and Lindstrom is gonna be a nightmare to defend against

Reactions: CapSpace

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think there's a healthy chance he's not there at 5 though unfortunately.

I can't imagine a world where Timmins is not literally drooling at the prospect of getting this guy.
Demidov would be fun to watch… we haven’t had a player with real sizzle since Subban. CC has some moments but not like what Demidov would bring. Derisive would be our most exciting forward to watch since Kovalev.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Basu x Godin think Buium and Parekh are more considerations over Dickinson and Silayev because of the type of offensive D they are and more needed in the org than the latter which are more in the Guhle/Reinbacher mold

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Basu suggests that the Habs' invitation to dinner with Eiserman could be a sign that they will try to trade up to a position where he will be available. »

Reach I think Basu

I don't think they would move down later in the top 10 to grab an asset and take one of the best wingers available, either Tij Iginla or Beckett Sennecke, because they view the number five pick as an opportunity to Adding an important piece into their rebuild, and trading down would decrease the likelihood of that player being an important piece. » - Arpon Basu

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Those comments from the Pronman article are very interesting. I'm not surprised to hear how much love there is for Sennecke, but I am a bit surprised to see some of what is said about Demidov. I like both players a lot.

It is a good point though, that Michkov dropped to where he did after a sensational season in the KHL. Demidov hasn't proven much at that level and played in a weaker league this season. There's gotta be a lot of uncertainty there for GMs to weigh when considering some of the other players are still available.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Basu suggests that the Habs' invitation to dinner with Eiserman could be a sign that they will try to trade up to a position where he will be available. »

Reach I think Basu

I don't think they would move down later in the top 10 to grab an asset and take one of the best wingers available, either Tij Iginla or Beckett Sennecke, because they view the number five pick as an opportunity to Adding an important piece into their rebuild, and trading down would decrease the likelihood of that player being an important piece. » - Arpon Basu
What about something like 5th for 7th and 25th if Demi is there. Ottawa selects Demidov.

We select Iginla 7th.

Than we trade up with 25th +26th for something like 16th and nab Yakemchuk

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Basu x Godin think Buium and Parekh are more considerations over Dickinson and Silayev because of the type of offensive D they are and more needed in the org than the latter which are more in the Guhle/Reinbacher mold
I could see some having concerns about Silayev's offense but Dickinson scored 18 goals and had 70 points last season so it's not like he's Douglas Murray out there. Bit of a odd take on Dickinson from these guys IMO.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't love how Basu has gone from it would be a dream for the Habs to have Demidov there at 5 and now to its not a slam dunk they take him if he's there.

I had no issues last year but doing it again with a superior package for the 3rd/4th best defenseman in the class.. I can't make it make sense.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Reading the comments and the differing opinions on these prospects from NHL execs and NHL scouts from the Pronman article is pretty much like still reading the draft and prospect threads on this board.
Except less emotions, less emojis and clearer assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad