HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Number 91 in blue looks pretty good.

Ignat Lutfullin -"Lutfullin has the hands, agility, vision, shot all culminating into a dynamic, dual-threat forward. He's so creative and loves to draw attention to himself before dropping a pass off to set up offense. Shows high compete, he gives his all every shift and it's clear that he cares about the defensive side of the game." EP

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well, until he signs a new 3 year contract in January.

I think that's why he's in the MHL, because he won't sign a new contract. He broke the record for most U-18 points in MHL history last year so clearly he doesn't need to be at this level, the injury was a setback of course but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think that's why he's in the MHL, because he won't sign a new contract. He broke the record for most U-18 points in MHL history last year so clearly he doesn't need to be at this level, the injury was a setback of course but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Let's hope so.

Reactions: montreal

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Here's a tidbit:
Demidov has one year remaining on his contract with SKA St. Petersburg and he’s represented by Dan Milstein from Gold Star Hockey. Milstein has indicated Demidov is very much looking forward to coming to North America at the end of his current contract.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Celebrini or Lindstrom are out of reach, its entirely possible that we end up with Silayev, who has IMO one of the biggest upside as a D prospect, all drafts included.

That said, he is Russian, still under contract for 2 more seasons in KHL if Im not wrong and there is a certain risk at drafting Russians very high. I would be less concerned than drafting Demidov though since you know SKA will do everything to extend him long term.

There are some other interesting fowards too, Hemming, Catton, possibly Helenius, so its hard to really know which direction Habs would go.

If we ended up with Silayev, it opens up alot of possibilities for potential trades.
Does Catton compare to Connor Zary?

skidcells

May 11, 2023
We don't know who.. but Arpon was talking to one at the draft and he unprompted mentioned Demidov as someone for Arpon to check out.
It would be fairly easy to put 1 and 1 together and say it’s Nick brobov since his dad is part of ska so he must have inside information.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I did some digging, here's the podcast episode with Basu's comments on Demidov. The discussion starts at 30:20. The comments about one of the scouts liking Demidov are at 35:30-36:00

The main takeaway (which is also kinda echoed by selections of Volokhin and Konyushkov) was that the Habs aren't afraid to draft from Russia.. they just specifically were not evaluating Michkov as highly as fans and twitter scouts were.

I think there's merit on both sides.. we could use someone of Michkov's offensive ability.. but we also needed a number 1 RD in the pipeline. They are rightly worried about the size mix up front.. and with Caufield locked in and Suzuki not a large guy, they felt that Michkov with the 3 year contract and everything else was not the right investment.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No. Hes much better in every way. Ill say Catton is literally what Wright should've been. He plays just like u18 wjc Wright, but isnt the head case problem Shane is
Catton numbers less than Jarvis more comparable to Zary. I usually try and stay in same lesgue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad