HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Suzuki and Caufield are our best players 3 years from now it would likely mean that Dach's development stalled. I think Kirby has a very good chance of being a high end #1 center and we may very well have an elite dcorps on the horizon which is far more important than having scoring wingers so I am not quite as concerned as you are at this point in time. I suspect that we will add another very good forward prospect and with Slaf, Newhook and Roy all having the ability to potentially also be very good top six forwards there is certainly reason for hope.
Dach third overall he should be #1 center

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Zayne Parekh is my favourite D this draft. Skating, edgework and release are elite.

Upside is massive.

How do you draft junkies like him relatives to the other top D in 2024? What am i missing?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Zayne Parekh is my favourite D this draft. Skating, edgework and release are elite.

Upside is massive.

How do you draft junkies like him relatives to the other top D in 2024? What am i missing?

It's the defensive game which will push him down the draft boards.

As far as upside, he's my favorite in the class.

But Dickinson is my top rated defender because he's just so projectible, he's like Kaiden Guhle. Big, rangy, great skater, has offensive tools that are all plus.

Levshunov will go higher because he has the offensive skill and the size, there's some edge to his game and his defensive game isn't as risky as Parekh's while still needing to stabilize.

Silayev will get picked ahead because the package is rare, the size, skating, KHL play and production.

After that, Yakemchuk is bigger than Parekh, is producing at a high level and is one tough customer. So I think you'd see him go ahead.

After that I think its anyone's guess between Jiricek, Parekh, Buium and Mews.. Though I think Parekh and Jiricek are the best of that bunch, due to skating mainly.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It's the defensive game which will push him down the draft boards.

As far as upside, he's my favorite in the class.

But Dickinson is my top rated defender because he's just so projectible, he's like Kaiden Guhle. Big, rangy, great skater, has offensive tools that are all plus.

Levshunov will go higher because he has the offensive skill and the size, there's some edge to his game and his defensive game isn't as risky as Parekh's while still needing to stabilize.

Silayev will get picked ahead because the package is rare, the size, skating, KHL play and production.

After that, Yakemchuk is bigger than Parekh, is producing at a high level and is one tough customer. So I think you'd see him go ahead.

After that I think its anyone's guess between Jiricek, Parekh, Buium and Mews.. Though I think Parekh and Jiricek are the best of that bunch, due to skating mainly.

Thanks, i agree with everything.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

Upside is massive.

Intriguing prospect. Huge offensive upside but very raw on defense. There are a couple of more complete dman who will probably be picked higher.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Upside is massive.

The scouts in my organization agree with your assessment and consider Parekh the sleeper of the draft and having one of the highest upsides.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
The scouts in my organization agree with your assessment and consider Parekh the sleeper of the draft and having one of the highest upsides.
How far do you think Parekh would potentially drop? Getting Demidov/Celebrini/Lindstrom/Catton and Parekh with a later 1st would be pretty insane.

NomadSports

Dec 6, 2023
How far do you think Parekh would potentially drop? Getting Demidov/Celebrini/Lindstrom/Catton and Parekh with a later 1st would be pretty insane.
Montreal is playing very mid. They lose a bunch then win a bunch. Staying at .500 hockey is not a good spot for them. Right now they wont get one of the top offensive guys and if they are in the 8-12 range you might as well grab Parekh because he wont be available after 12

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Silayev just screams like a Habs pick. I do get the appeal for Lindstrom, put him on a line with Slaf and Dach and opponents are shitting their pants dealing with all that forecheck, physicality, strength, goalscoring, playmaking, high end skating and skill. I doubt we will be in a position to draft him though.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Silayev just screams like a Habs pick. I do get the appeal for Lindstrom, put him on a line with Slaf and Dach and opponents are shitting their pants dealing with all that forecheck, physicality, strength, goalscoring, playmaking, high end skating and skill. I doubt we will be in a position to draft him though.
If Celebrini or Lindstrom are out of reach, its entirely possible that we end up with Silayev, who has IMO one of the biggest upside as a D prospect, all drafts included.

That said, he is Russian, still under contract for 2 more seasons in KHL if Im not wrong and there is a certain risk at drafting Russians very high. I would be less concerned than drafting Demidov though since you know SKA will do everything to extend him long term.

There are some other interesting fowards too, Hemming, Catton, possibly Helenius, so its hard to really know which direction Habs would go.

If we ended up with Silayev, it opens up alot of possibilities for potential trades.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Celebrini or Lindstrom are out of reach, its entirely possible that we end up with Silayev, who has IMO one of the biggest upside as a D prospect, all drafts included.

That said, he is Russian, still under contract for 2 more seasons in KHL if Im not wrong and there is a certain risk at drafting Russians very high. I would be less concerned than drafting Demidov though since you know SKA will do everything to extend him long term.

There are some other interesting fowards too, Hemming, Catton, possibly Helenius, so its hard to really know which direction Habs would go.

If we ended up with Silayev, it opens up alot of possibilities for potential trades.
With the amount of defense prospects we have, we would be giving them all a shot until Silayev comes in.

While the thought of a defense core of:
Guhle-Reinbacher
Silayev-Mailloux
Hutson-Xhekaj

sounds awesome, our forward core is seriously lacking and we desperately need high end offensive talent. Of course we can package up the likes of Barron/Harris/Mesar/1sts but everything would have to go right and a player of that magnitude needs to be available.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
With the amount of defense prospects we have, we would be giving them all a shot until Silayev comes in.

While the thought of a defense core of:
Guhle-Reinbacher
Silayev-Mailloux
Hutson-Xhekaj

sounds awesome, our forward core is seriously lacking and we desperately need high end offensive talent. Of course we can package up the likes of Barron/Harris/Mesar/1sts but everything would have to go right and a player of that magnitude needs to be available.
Indeed and we also have Engstrom who Im really high on and Bogdan who might join the team when his KHL contract expires, so we dont really need a defenseman, I think they would pick Silayev only if they value the gap between him and the next foward as pretty signifiant. They would have to value his upside as high as I and some other do.

Still think the odds we pick a foward are much higher though.

Last edited:
Reactions: rochab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad