HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
This NHL teams clearly lacks elite talent. We won't win anything if Suzuki and Caufield are our two best forward.

Apart Celebrini, is there a prospect who have the potential to eclipse them? (Hype is lacking with him, he is a gamebreaking talent imo.)

Eiserman, Lindstrom? The rest are stretch no?

Reactions: Nicko999

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They are good and very skilled but not sure we are talking about "best forward in a contending team" level player.

We will see, I personally see their offensive skills at a level consistent with the guys that the majority of this board have slit their wrists over us passing on them.

Reactions: skidcells

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
We will see, I personally see their offensive skills at a level consistent with the guys that the majority of this board have slit their wrists over us passing on them.

Agree on this one. Not sure Cooley and Michkov fits the bill of the "best forward on a contending team" too tho.

No doubt Demidov and Catton are in their tier.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agree on this one. Not sure Cooley and Michkov fits the bill of the "best forward on a contending team" too tho.

No doubt Demidov and Catton are in their tier.
LMAO.

Yeah Demidov's skill level is so high he can't even play in the KHL. Funny how that works now, huh?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Demidov is not getting picked by this team either way let's be real for a second guys, there will ALWAYS be a good enough reason for us to pass on an undersized Russian in the top-10

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
As bad as this year has been, we are currently only drafting 11th overall, and only have a late 2nd rounder from Colorado. That would be the worst possible outcome for this team in need of elite talent.

We are the kings of rebuilding with ample 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks, unfortunately.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As bad as this year has been, we are currently only drafting 11th overall, and only have a late 2nd rounder from Colorado. That would be the worst possible outcome for this team in need of elite talent.

We are the kings of rebuilding with ample 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks, unfortunately.
As usual, well stay on the outside looking in.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Demidov is not getting picked by this team either way let's be real for a second guys, there will ALWAYS be a good enough reason for us to pass on an undersized Russian in the top-10

Basu said after the 2022 draft that he spoke with an Habs scout and as much as they had reservation about Michkov, they thought Demidov was the real deal.

As usual, well stay on the outside looking in.
What do you suggest ?

Reactions: Frank JT

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Basu said after the 2022 draft that he spoke with an Habs scout and as much as they had reservation about Michkov, they thought Demidov was the real deal.
God I hate our scouting department lol

Lindstrom is the guy to pick this year, won't really by happy with anyone else other than Celebrini or Eiserman

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Does Torpedo operate differently from most KHL teams? They seem to give a lot of minutes to young players, Bogdan Konyushkov plays a ton there and Artamonov who is a first year eligible this year has 14 points in 27 KHL games

Reactions: Frank JT

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Lindstrom is the guy to pick this year, won't really by happy with anyone else other than Celebrini or Eiserman
You wouldn't be happy with a player as talented as Demidov?

No other guys has as much offensive talent as him other than Celebrini.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
You wouldn't be happy with a player as talented as Demidov?

No other guys has as much offensive talent as him other than Celebrini.
Eiserman is a beast and the easy #2 this year, don't know why people are overthinking it. He will break Cole's goal record this year and he is one of the youngest players in the draft, we need a playmaker badly but I'll settle for a 40g man

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

What do you suggest ?
Stop the wanking and pick actual talent and worry about the wanking later. Passing on Michkov doomed this organisation.

Actually moving guys like Monahan, Matheson, Savard, Pearson would also be a good idea.

Anyway, its unlikely this team is a cup winner, we just were not lucky and will have a team to cheer for like we did for the past 30 years, just not good enough.

Demidov is more talented than everyone else except Celebrini.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Stop the wanking and pick actual talent and worry about the wanking later.

Actually moving guys like Monahan, Matheson, Savard, Pearson would also be a good idea.

Anyway, its unlikely this team is a cup winner, we just were not lucky and will have a team to cheer for like we did for the past 30 years, just not good enough.

100% agree. We will need a forward talent that rise above Nick and Cole if we want to be actual, real contender.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This NHL teams clearly lacks elite talent. We won't win anything if Suzuki and Caufield are our two best forward.

Apart Celebrini, is there a prospect who have the potential to eclipse them? (Hype is lacking with him, he is a gamebreaking talent imo.)

Eiserman, Lindstrom? The rest are stretch no?

If Suzuki and Caufield are our best players 3 years from now it would likely mean that Dach's development stalled. I think Kirby has a very good chance of being a high end #1 center and we may very well have an elite dcorps on the horizon which is far more important than having scoring wingers so I am not quite as concerned as you are at this point in time. I suspect that we will add another very good forward prospect and with Slaf, Newhook and Roy all having the ability to potentially also be very good top six forwards there is certainly reason for hope.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If Suzuki and Caufield are our best players 3 years from now it would likely mean that Dach's development stalled. I think Kirby has a very good chance of being a high end #1 center and we may very well have an elite dcorps on the horizon which is far more important than having scoring wingers so I am not quite as concerned as you are at this point in time. I suspect that we will add another very good forward prospect and with Slaf, Newhook and Roy all having the ability to potentially also be very good top six forwards there is certainly reason for hope.

I agree on Dach and i even think Slafkovsky has the potential to end up better than Suzuki and Caufield but we are still in the if. The impact of acquiring a talent like Celebrini can't be overstated, it would godspeed our rebuild.

There is many reason for hope, many. But we are not in a spot where can roundly turn a corner.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They're gonna take Lindstrom no matter where they pick except first. Fits their MO more than anyone else. That's why I thought they'd take Reinbacher mid season last year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad