HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Based on that getting a late 1st and grabbing Connelly seems like a thing a lot would enjoy.
I feel like at this point none of these picks except Celebrini will be in the same spot by June. I just hope the lottery luck goes out way. There will be a point where a dman is legitimately the BPA if we don't pick in the right spot.

Why take a second liner over a number one d if that's how it's projecting? Which has been the case for the last few decades here..

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It will be a F, we just have to be high enough they can't make a crazy reach, MBN scares me
Bob start of the season rankings already has 5 Ds in the top 10. 8 in the top 15.

The hope is that the some teams picking before the Habs take the Ds and drop the Fs. The reality is that the Habs will probably take a D because that is what they will consider BPA at their position unless it's a LD.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Tij Iginla or MBN?

Does Tij possess the same intangibles as his father?

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I watched a lot of Iginla yesterday night and interviews of him, if we miss on the first tier and 2nd tier of forward (Celebrini, Lindstrom, Catton, Demidov, Eiserman, Helenius), i am all in for Iginla. Can't wait to see how he finishes the year but this kid is a potential homerun. Great goalscoring touches, strong demeanor, terrible face. With Boisvert and MBN too, plus all the promising dman, a top 15 pick should lead to a very nice piece.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I watched a lot of Iginla yesterday night and interviews of him, if we miss on the first tier and 2nd tier of forward (Celebrini, Lindstrom, Catton, Demidov, Eiserman, Helenius), i am all in for Iginla. Can't wait to see how he finishes the year but this kid is a potential homerun. Great goalscoring touches, strong demeanor, terrible face. With Boisvert and MBN too, plus all the promising dman, a top 15 pick should lead to a very nice piece.

Imagine if we end the first round with Lindstrom AND Iginla?

I would :eek::eek::eek::eek: in my pants.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Some good candidates for a mid-1st. Ideally we would draft an elite forward with our pick (Celebrini/Lindstrom/Demidov/Eiserman...), and then a complementary top-6 forward by acquiring a mid 1st.

We're definitely missing a profile like Iginla/MBN in our pool, but I wouldn't draft either of them top-10.

Reactions: Frank JT

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Some good candidates for a mid-1st. Ideally we would draft an elite forward with our pick (Celebrini/Lindstrom/Demidov/Eiserman...), and then a complementary top-6 forward by acquiring a mid 1st.

We're definitely missing a profile like Iginla/MBN in our pool, but I wouldn't draft either of them top-10.

Agree with you, we need a MBN type but he’ll likely be taken even if we get another 1st.

The guy i would want with a mid/end of first is Greentree. One of my personal favorite is Jecho.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't know what is wrong with this video from yesterday's MHL game for Demidov (1G,1A). I thought I was tripping as I don't recall ever seeing a video do that and so I thought I will just watch today's game of Demidov (1A) and it's doing the same thing but not as bad.

JT3

May 27, 2013
The development of Helenius and Lindstrom is encouraging, opens up some more options for us in the top 10 alongside Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov and Catton.

I'd be ecstatic to land any of the 3 of Iginla, MBN, Greentree with a second 1st as well, if we were to acquire one somehow. I feel like Greentree will end up rising significantly over the rest of his season, he's been really impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
The development of Helenius and Lindstrom is encouraging, opens up some more options for us in the top 10 alongside Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov and Catton.

I'd be ecstatic to land any of the 3 of Iginla, MBN, Greentree with a second 1st as well, if we were to acquire one somehow. I feel like Greentree will end up rising significantly over the rest of his season, he's been really impressive.

Dont think any of these guys is available past 15.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Dont think any of these guys is available past 15.
Yeah I would tend to agree, hence 'ecstatic'. I think MBN is pretty safely in the 10-15 range. Greentree might get there as well. Iginla I would probably have more 15-25 right now but we'll see how things continue. I will admit to not having done a lot of research yet outside of the top 15 or so, and it seems like there's a lot of variance in rankings atm, so a bit hard to make any kind of predictions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad