HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Iglina with 18 goals in 22 games. Could he be somebody we be interested in if we get a second pick. He's young too, won't be 18 until after the draft. Should play around 6'1-200lbs.

Reactions: waitin425

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Capping with the Suzuki at wing. He's our best defensive center and he's thriving there, theres no need to reinvent the wheel.

You can drop off the WTK anti-Suzuki train.
I just think he needs someone to create space for him, and it's easier to do from C. With time and space, Suzuki is a top-30 forward.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I’m scared Columbus gonaa pick him if they don’t pick first :(
I have hopes Columbus recover from their ugly start, their blueline is much hetter than ours on paper and they have some guys underperforming up front.

If we can ship one of our gosltenders elsewhere soon, it would be a nice start, they have been saving our ass most games again this season.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov, Lindstrom, Helenius, Catton, Dickinson, Levshunov

Thats 8 players and there is still a couple of other very nice prospects.

Right now, we pick 8. We are getting a nice piece.

If Habs pick top 10 this year, they will draft a solid piece for sure. I believe that Habs will going to draft Helenius, Catton or Lindstrom. That will be very good for the future of the team!

Reactions: Jaynki

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov, Lindstrom, Helenius, Catton, Dickinson, Levshunov

Thats 8 players and there is still a couple of other very nice prospects.

Right now, we pick 8. We are getting a nice piece.
I am obsessed with Catton, he has everything I like about a player. Him or Celebrini would change our fortune from bad team to contender within 2 years, I have no doubt.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm not quite ready to anoint Konsta the second coming just yet, as half of his points come on the power play. But he has really had some impressive plays lately, both in Liiga and at the U20 5 nations. He also shoots about 4 times per game. He's been playing at about 1ppg for the last 16 games, so I'm very interested to see if that continues or if he's just on a bit of a heater.

I mean, he is on a heater in the last 2 games, but the rest of the time he's been productive as well.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I'm not quite ready to anoint Konsta the second coming just yet, as half of his points come on the power play. But he has really had some impressive plays lately, both in Liiga and at the U20 5 nations. He also shoots about 4 times per game. He's been playing at about 1ppg for the last 16 games, so I'm very interested to see if that continues or if he's just on a bit of a heater.

I mean, he is on a heater in the last 2 games, but the rest of the time he's been productive as well.
He's not just your typical opportunist. He outsmarts defenders and even forechecks pretty hard. I like seeing that he defers to teammates more this year

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Konsta is slamming Slaf's draft year Liiga production with ease. Hockey historians must be taking note. :sarcasm:

Having not watched him at all besides hilites, would you have any concern he might be redundant as a fit on the Habs with Suzuki and Caufield around? Another righty whose size isn't great.

Is it just me or is there not much difference picking 2nd or 7th this year?

• Haha
Reactions: atrud66

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Konsta is slamming Slaf's draft year Liiga production with ease. Hockey historians must be taking note. :sarcasm:

Having not watched him at all besides hilites, would you have any concern he might be redundant as a fit on the Habs with Suzuki and Caufield around? Another righty whose size isn't great.

Is it just me or is there not much difference picking 2nd or 7th this year?

Yes. I think that difference is certainty.

There's definitely an element of redundancy with Helenius, but talent is talent. I'm waiting for him to show me that he is the next Aho. Towards the top of the draft he's going up against some absolute monsters, so the gap in talent has to be clear given the physical tools of the others.

Reactions: Riggins

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Yes. I think that difference is certainty.

There's definitely an element of redundancy with Helenius, but talent is talent. I'm waiting for him to show me that he is the next Aho. Towards the top of the draft he's going up against some absolute monsters, so the gap in talent has to be clear given the physical tools of the others.
What type of player is he stylisticly? Playmaker, shooter, puck possesion? Does he any elite trait?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
All I want this draft is the highest potential offensive player. Size is not a must. Scoring instinct and speed is an absolute must.

What if the the best offensive potential at our spot is also the biggest player? (Lindstrom)

If you are referencing to the past two draft, i don't think size is the only reason Slaf was picked 1st, he had a strong argument as the best offensive potential too. Reinbacher as an RD obviously does not have the attributes you state but this type of RD is the most valuable asset after a 1C.

I do agree tho that someone like Demidov, for example, we crave this skills and mojos.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
What if the the best offensive potential at our spot is also the biggest player? (Lindstrom)
The so be it. But if a better smaller player is there...we have to take him. I just watched a few highlights of Lindstrom this morning. First I've seen of him. Clear vision, strength and size. Skating doesn't look explosive, but admittidly only a few highlights watched.

Reactions: Jaynki

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Capping with the Suzuki at wing. He's our best defensive center and he's thriving there, theres no need to reinvent the wheel.

You can drop off the WTK anti-Suzuki train.

Really not sure what you are saying here. Suzuki is a good C, who should be entering his prime now, is he? He's not thriving. He's doing well. It's like you don't remember what thriving is, when Markov came together in a #1 D, when Price became a #1G, that's thriving. Suzuki isn't quite doing that, he's not transforming our W/L rate.

I think it's pretty valid to see him as a better asset on the wing if we had a more natural and better center (we don't, but it doesn't mean we can't or should not target one).

I'll go as far as to say without a new 1C we can't be a challenger for anything, Suzuki doesn't seem to be that guy, at least right now. He might be the 2C in that, or he's a first line RW (a piece we need desperately).

Reactions: Anardil

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Really not sure what you are saying here. Suzuki is a good C, who should be entering his prime now, is he? He's not thriving. He's doing well. It's like you don't remember what thriving is, when Markov came together in a #1 D, when Price became a #1G, that's thriving. Suzuki isn't quite doing that, he's not transforming our W/L rate.

I think it's pretty valid to see him as a better asset on the wing if we had a more natural and better center (we don't, but it doesn't mean we can't or should not target one).

I'll go as far as to say without a new 1C we can't be a challenger for anything, Suzuki doesn't seem to be that guy, at least right now. He might be the 2C in that, or he's a first line RW (a piece we need desperately).
Its just a failure to recognize circumstances.

Suzuki IS thriving, hes just on a horrible team. His most common linemates are josh Anderson, Cole Caufield (incredibly snakebit.) And RHP.

His most common partner on D is Matheson, the other one is Kovacevic.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What type of player is he stylisticly? Playmaker, shooter, puck possesion? Does he any elite trait?

He shoots well, but he really shines as a playmaker. He's a creative and skilled passer. He's also very feisty and a good forechecker. If he has an elite trait, it's his smarts, but I'm not quite sure it's elite yet. It is very, very good though. His game is based on getting the puck, creating space for himself and creating a scoring chance. When he doesn't have the puck, he's always looking for the dead ice. Not a shy player at all.

If he has work to do it's on his play in his own zone.

Reactions: skidcells
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad