HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Draft Saku's son. His u20 numbers are comparable to Slafs. Keeping pace with Hemming who is a projected first rounder. Eliteprospects updated Koivus height and weight to 5'11 and 165, he was listed at 5'8 125 or something earlier in the year.
Honestly yeah he should be a pick. The story is too good to pass up and he's an actual prospect.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Yea, let's continue drafting forwards without PPG potential with our high first round picks...

This is KK, Slaf situation all over again.

I don't care Eiserman doesn't pass the eye test for some people. He scores goals at an elite pace.
Caufield would not pass the eye test on a lot of games either but we still love him.
A lot of people say you already have a guy like Caufield, why need a similar player? Teams shut down Caufield and kill our PP, thats litwrally the countering game plans against us. If you can position him and Eiserman on the PP then one of them will often be open for scoring chances

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A lot of people say you already have a guy like Caufield, why need a similar player? Teams shut down Caufield and kill our PP, thats litwrally the countering game plans against us. If you can position him and Eiserman on the PP then one of them will often be open for scoring chances

I think it's a very fair point, something they would need to look at as I feel it's similar to last year with Michkov, in that having 2 of Caufield, Michkov or Eiserman just makes me wonder if you can win in the playoffs with them on your top line. Granted maybe it works out that you get other help at forward and can break them up but for now they would likely be the 2 best hopes for the top line in the future.

I just don't know if that's how you want to build your team, I am big on BPA but it has to make sense as say we got the 5th OA again and it was a goalie that was the BPA, but we have a shit ton so I would then have to reconsider. But then again I would not have gone for Slaf and certainly not Reinbacher at 5th though trading down from those spots is crazy.

A lot can happen between now and June so there's time to see how things unfold but it's something they will have to look at closely.

Reactions: Doublechin

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Having another blue chip defensive prospect isn't the end of the world if they're the BPA. Could either be an attractive piece to trade or something that let's us make available one of our other top young d-men.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Its not for sure but its very sad as a team thats lacked talented forwards since the 70s.
That's the hope if we can't draft one. Fingers crossed that when the next Eichel level+ player comes up, Montreal has the assets to outbid everyone.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I think we are deserving of Macklin Celebrini. Where do ya'll rank him compared to the last 1st overall picks:

Bedard
Slaf
Power
Laffy
Hughes
Dahlin
Hischier
Matthews
McDavid
Ekblad
MacKinnon

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think we are deserving of Macklin Celebrini. Where do ya'll rank him compared to the last 1st overall picks:

Bedard
Slaf
Power
Laffy
Hughes
Dahlin
Hischier
Matthews
McDavid
Ekblad
MacKinnon

McDavid
Bedard
Matthews
Hughes
Dahlin
MacKinnon
Celebrini
Lafreniere
Ekblad
Power
Hischier
Slafkovsky

This would be how I'd rank them as I'd have evaluated them at the draft vs where I'd rank them necessarily now.

Reactions: Jabba11 and Deam78

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Bedard
Slaf
Power
Laffy
Hughes
Dahlin
Hischier
Matthews
McDavid
Ekblad
MacKinnon
McDavid
Bedard
MacKinnon
Dahlin
Matthews
Hughes
Laffy
Celebrini
Power
Ekblad
Hischier
Slaf

IMO it tells nothing as for the actually quality of Mack.

Mackinnon-Hughes are all very close imo, he fits right in there with them.

Reactions: Jabba11

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020

Bedard
Slaf
Power
Laffy
Hughes
Dahlin
Hischier
Matthews
McDavid
Ekblad
MacKinnon

I think it depends. Based on your draft year or absolute potential?

McDavid
Bedard
MacKinnon
Dahlin
Matthews
Hughes
Laffy
Celebrini
Power
Ekblad
Hischier
Slaf

IMO it tells nothing as for the actually quality of Mack.

Mackinnon-Hughes are all very close imo, he fits right in there with them.

I can't see Macklin below Lafreniere

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Mackinnon came with insane hype since like 2008 and he's been the 2nd best player in the league for 5+ years now, I think he needs to be higher .

I agree about the enthusiasm and him being one of the best players in the league over the last 5 years. Second best is debatable. But we are not talking about current affairs, but rather about absolute potential. In my opinion, Mackinno is already at his supreme peak and I believe that everyone I placed above him has the potential to "at their peak" reach an equal or slightly higher level.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I watched two games of Lindstrom. Not a lot of weaknesses in that player. He does tend to run head first into players a bit too much for my liking but it does work for him at this level.

Hes a lot like Slaf IMO. Maybe a bit more power to his game. He would fit in perfectly with Cole.

Impressive close quarter play there. Love that, directly transferable skill.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I watched two games of Lindstrom. Not a lot of weaknesses in that player. He does tend to run head first into players a bit too much for my liking but it does work for him at this level.

Hes a lot like Slaf IMO. Maybe a bit more power to his game. He would fit in perfectly with Cole.

Impressive close quarter play there. Love that, directly transferable skill.
I wouldn't have built the team the same way they're apparently building it now BUT within that strategy, I think Lindstrom is the perfect fit (if we don't pick 1st obviously).

If you want size, speed, compete combined with skill but without a true star one-man-show, he would complete our top-6.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wouldn't have built the team the same way they're apparently building it now BUT within that strategy, I think Lindstrom is the perfect fit (if we don't pick 1st obviously).

If you want size, speed, compete combined with skill but without a true star one-man-show, he would complete our top-6.
I do think we need Celebrini to be an actual super-power style year in and year out no matter what contender (Like we were with Price, like the Avs right now, or the Lightning have been) but yeah, pretty sure

Lindstrom-Suzuki-Caufield
Slaf-Dach-Roy

Is a very strong top 6, I think. Especially with the back end the Habs are looking to have, I think thats a contender. It's a lot like how the Canes are built, but with a stronger top 6, Id say... and on paper (Its probably not gonna happen), but a stronger top 4 too.

Slaf-Celebrini-Roy
Caufield-Suzuki-Dach

tho would be insanity.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I do think we need Celebrini to be an actual super-power style year in and year out no matter what contender (Like we were with Price, like the Avs right now, or the Lightning have been) but yeah, pretty sure

Slaf-Dach-Roy

Is a very strong top 6, I think. Especially with the back end the Habs are looking to have, I think thats a contender. It's a lot like how the Canes are built, but with a stronger top 6, Id say... and on paper (Its probably not gonna happen), but a stronger top 4 too.

Slaf-Celebrini-Roy
Caufield-Suzuki-Dach

tho would be insanity.

Both scenario are very beautiful.

Lindstrom is gonna be a very good player. Skill, size and power.

Reactions: bcv

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Is this the year where the 1OA gets traded?

I was wondering if it's the year we literally throw the farm and picks out to go up from say 6 to 1.
Bad teams that would defo pick a Toews-like center at 1OA : SJS, CHI, CBJ, NSH, MTL, ARI, ANA
Bad teams that would consider a D over another C: SJS, CHI, NSH, ARI
Overall conclusion: probably not happening.

What about 2OA if Eiserman is still viewed as the guy, and as a winger?
Bad teams that would defo pick Eiserman at 2OA : SJS, CHI, NSH, MTL, ARI, ANA
Bad teams that would consider a D over a winger: SJS, CHI, NSH, ARI
Probably not happening either.

Like, obviously this never happens, but I think it's even less likely this year.
Hopefully I'm gonna save us a few pages in June...
Conclusion: probably not happening.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon

Slaf-Dach-Roy

Slaf-Celebrini-Roy
Caufield-Suzuki-Dach

tho would be insanity.
Both scenarios are very good, but yeah, Celebrini would be a dream. I do think any of the top-4 forwards in this draft can become our best forward, which is what we need.

I would prefer having Suzuki play RW long-termx and either Celebrini or Lindstrom would be the perfect C to push him over the ppg mark.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Both scenarios are very good, but yeah, Celebrini would be a dream. I do think any of the top-4 forwards in this draft can become our best forward, which is what we need.

I would prefer having Suzuki play RW long-termx and either Celebrini or Lindstrom would be the perfect C to push him over the ppg mark.
Capping with the Suzuki at wing. He's our best defensive center and he's thriving there, theres no need to reinvent the wheel.

You can drop off the WTK anti-Suzuki train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad