HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
About as much as Caufield
Yeah watched him the other day and wasnt impressed. Skating wasnt there, game away from the puck very flawed, didnt compete much outside when the puck was on his stick. Only 1 viewing though, pretty small sample.

On another note, Iginla looks pretty legit.

Reactions: Jaynki

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Speaking of Lindstrom, holy cow :skeptic:

Speaking of HockeyProspect.com, here's what Mark Edwards had to say about the 2024 class

As of today it's the worst group I've ever seen in the OHL and probably the QMJHL as well (HP will turn 20 in 2024) - WHL is easily the strongest league in the CHL this year. Down year for the NTDP and Sweden to name a couple more.

I like the Top 10 overall and some people tend to just rate a draft on the top 10. It falls off reasonably quickly after that IMO.

In general I go league by league compared to what I've seen in years past. It's a down year based on that.

FWIW, I've never heard this many NHL scouts rip a draft class as much as I've heard it this year.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Speaking of HockeyProspect.com, here's what Mark Edwards had to say about the 2024 class

As of today it's the worst group I've ever seen in the OHL and probably the QMJHL as well (HP will turn 20 in 2024) - WHL is easily the strongest league in the CHL this year. Down year for the NTDP and Sweden to name a couple more.

I like the Top 10 overall and some people tend to just rate a draft on the top 10. It falls off reasonably quickly after that IMO.

In general I go league by league compared to what I've seen in years past. It's a down year based on that.

FWIW, I've never heard this many NHL scouts rip a draft class as much as I've heard it this year.

It's not deep at all.. there's about 50 players I like, after that I'm really not sure what is out there.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

It's the back end of the age group of kids that had their development heavily impacted by covid at a critical time, some losing an entire season because of it. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the 21-22-23-24 drafted prospect have a bit of a late curve thanks to that. Makes scouting and pro development all that more important I guess, you need to predict that stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrom and Fenris

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It's the back end of the age group of kids that had their development heavily impacted by covid at a critical time, some losing an entire season because of it. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the 21-22-23-24 drafted prospect has a bit of a late curve thanks to that. Makes scouting and pro development all that more important I guess, you need to predict that stuff.
Covid also caused many kids to look at other things than hockey and some of them just aren't into it as much as before.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Lukas Fischer is a f***ing LHD but skating is impressive and he is picking my curiosity. Obviously late 1st

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I had a dream that the Habs drafted Konsta Helenius at #8. I haven’t watched video on pretty much anyone from the upcoming class, so weird dream. But great name.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The top 10 looks very good. I want Habs draft Celebrini, Eiserman, Lindstrom, Helenius, Catton or Demidov.

That would be very very good for the future!

Reactions: Weber Fan

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad