HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Lindstrom is pretty exciting though ngl. A guy that can shoot like that at his size and that can wheel and pass ? Sign me up.
I wouldn't hate the pick but it seems like the type of guy our scouts would reach for. I think he'll be firmly consensus top five by the draft though. If he picks up the pace a little he'd have a comparable season to Byfield.

Still hoping we can get first overall but not gonna hold my breath.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Not a big surprise, but Eiserman left off the US WJC Selection Camp invite list. I'll be really curious to see where he ends up as guys like Lindstrom, Catton, and Helenius start to make a name for themselves. While he's pretty one-dimensional, that level of production is just phenomenal.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Not a big surprise, but Eiserman left off the US WJC Selection Camp invite list. I'll be really curious to see where he ends up as guys like Lindstrom, Catton, and Helenius start to make a name for themselves. While he's pretty one-dimensional, that level of production is just phenomenal.
Team USA is stacked and Eiserman's compete level needs to get better.

It will be interesting to see if Lindstrom and/or Catton gets an invite from TC and ultimately, how they perform at the camp.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Team USA is stacked and Eiserman's compete level needs to get better.

It will be interesting to see if Lindstrom and/or Catton gets an invite from TC and ultimately, how they perform at the camp.
James Hagens who’s a top pick for 2025 got an invite.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Eiserman is yet another case of overthinking it, but yes he will fall. Just like Caufield people are gonna wonder why he went so far down.

One can point to Laine, but even with his terrible habits Laine still is close to an elite player. One can assume things wont go as bad for Eiserman.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Eiserman is yet another case of overthinking it, but yes he will fall. Just like Caufield people are gonna wonder why he went so far down.

One can point to Laine, but even with his terrible habits Laine still is close to an elite player. One can assume things wont go as bad for Eiserman.

He may fall from his assumed 2nd spot to maybe outside the top 5. But i highly, highly doubt he fall outside the top 10. 15th would be as ridiculous as it was for Caufield.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They really just wanted to do something at the Sphere.:laugh:

Apparently the T-Mobile Arena is booked for those dates. I think it's a UFC event.

It was already confirmed the draft would be in Vegas. It's just the dates that weren't official. And once the arena was booked, they weren't going to relocate the draft to another city. So they were looking for alternate sites. The Sphere is also owned by James Dolan (owner of the Rangers).

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He may fall from his assumed 2nd spot to maybe outside the top 5. But i highly, highly doubt he fall outside the top 10. 15th would be as ridiculous as it was for Caufield.

Yeah I don't see him falling that far.. but don't be surprised if the top 5 of the draft goes in some order for Celebrini, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Silayev and Levshunov.. also don't be surprised if Yakemchuk finds his way into the top 10.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Apparently the T-Mobile Arena is booked for those dates. I think it's a UFC event.

It was already confirmed the draft would be in Vegas. It's just the dates that weren't official. And once the arena was booked, they weren't going to relocate the draft to another city. So they were looking for alternate sites. The Sphere is also owned by James Dolan (owner of the Rangers).
I just find it funny they are going to held it there. It was mentioned months ago that they might do the draft at the Sphere.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
That sucks that they won't be holding a centralized draft anymore. We're getting a "Teams" or Zoom draft after 2024. I think every city in NHL thus far has held a draft. Still its a major event for NHL teams to host, and brings a lot of hockey fans together for a fun weekend of events.
Can't wait for the first time a weather event disconnects one of the teams.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That sucks that they won't be holding a centralized draft anymore. We're getting a "Teams" or Zoom draft after 2024. I think every city in NHL thus far has held a draft. Still its a major event for NHL teams to host, and brings a lot of hockey fans together for a fun weekend of events.

It sucks.. the NHL can't do anything right

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They are basically just going back to how it worked before 1980 minus always holding it in Montréal and with added ability to "work from home".

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't take Silayev top 5, I don't think I would take him top 10, I like Artamonov more although I have only seen maybe 7 games but most of those games he impressed me more then Silayev. I know he's tall but I'm just not sure about that one, I don't even think I would take him top 15 but I haven't seen that many of this years class. I like Levshunov more then Silayev.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I wouldn't take Silayev top 5, I don't think I would take him top 10, I like Artamonov more although I have only seen maybe 7 games but most of those games he impressed me more then Silayev. I know he's tall but I'm just not sure about that one, I don't even think I would take him top 15 but I haven't seen that many of this years class. I like Levshunov more then Silayev.
I can assure you that Levshunov would look quite lost in the KHL. Silayev is a 6"7 defenseman having the tools to hold his own already in the 2nd best league of the world. The skating/mobility, physicality, puckhandling skills, decision making, defending are really impressive when you factor the level of competition he is facing. Still, NCAA isnt a pro league, thats closer to the CHL than the AHL or the best euro leagues and the calendar much smoother. You tend to overlook that dimension in your evaluations. Everything goes much faster and the workload way more demanding.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah I don't see him falling that far.. but don't be surprised if the top 5 of the draft goes in some order for Celebrini, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Silayev and Levshunov.. also don't be surprised if Yakemchuk finds his way into the top 10.

I would add Zayne Parekh in that don't be surprised list.

What is your opinion on Zeev Buium?

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Is the draft the first event from NHL, NBA, or MLB at the sphere?

I heard Dana White saying he wanted to have an event there next year but I can't recall hearing any thing else being held there.

I can't believe Gary and the boys pulled this off.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I can assure you that Levshunov would look quite lost in the KHL. Silayev is a 6"7 defenseman having the tools to hold his own already in the 2nd best league of the world. The skating/mobility, physicality, puckhandling skills, decision making, defending are really impressive when you factor the level of competition he is facing.

Levshunov likely would struggle anywhere as he looks very raw withou the puck but his offensive game is legit. Silayev looks ok with the puck but his lanky frame kind of makes it harder to gauge.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Levshunov likely would struggle anywhere as he looks very raw withou the puck but his offensive game is legit. Silayev looks ok with the puck but his lanky frame kind of makes it harder to gauge.
I saw him crush KHLers hard and box them off the puck with grace. Its really the speed and pace of the league that is hard to handle for a 17 year kid of his stature. As for the offensive side of his game, its harder to gauge, I would like to see him with his age group, but he skates well, has good hands and a good shot, so Im not too concerned. Sucks that Russia is still out from international competitons, well I fully agree with the IIHF decison, but on a hockey standpoint, Russia would have been pretty fun to watch at the WJC, Silayev, Simachev, Gulyayev on the back end, Demidov, Michkov. But, Miroschnichenko, Artamonov ect up front, Volokhin in net, ouf, thats a huge load of talent, they probably win gold.

Levshunov reminds me a bit of Mintyukov, I like his talent level, but as you say, a bit raw without the puck. The package remains attractive for sure, will go high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad