HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The more I watch Lindstrom... the more I think we need to start cornering the market on unicorns.
Ya I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 2nd overall. Skating, physicality and goalscoring at that frame is tough to pass up on.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It’s kind of sad that we’re getting far from Lindstrom :(

We need more skilled big body.
Take a peek at Liam Greentree, he's right up your alley ;). Would love to snag him in the late teens/20s.
It's time to hop on the Brandsegg-Nygard wagon.
No thanks honestly. Catton, Demidov, Lindstrom, Celibrini, Eiserman or bust.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I mean hey I'm dancing in the streets naked if we get him. Good luck defending against a line of Lindstrom-Dach-Slaf then hopefully Roy/Newhook evolve to becoming a legit option with Suzuki and Caufield.
I’d spread the size a little but we could have many combinaisons with those players.

Reactions: The Great Weal

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Starting to think Eiserman and Demidov will be the ones to fall into our laps (not a crazy fall but somewhere around 7th). I think all of Celebrini, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Levshunov, Helenius and Silayev get picked before them.

Both Eiserman and Demidov are exactly the kind of homerun pick we need. I do not give a f about their defense. Let's grab their elite skill and figure out the rest later. If we don't get a 1C, the prospect profile we need is a David Pastrnak, i.e. a winger who can still create a ton of offense by himself.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Starting to think Eiserman and Demidov will be the ones to fall into our laps (not a crazy fall but somewhere around 7th). I think all of Celebrini, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Levshunov, Helenius and Silayev get picked before them.

Both Eiserman and Demidov are exactly the kind of homerun pick we need. I do not give a f about their defense. Let's grab their elite skill and figure out the rest later. If we don't get a 1C, the prospect profile we need is a David Pastrnak, i.e. a winger who can still create a ton of offense by himself.
I think top-3 is Celebrini, Eiserman, and Lindstrom, then probably a big run of defenders

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
The lack of hype for Zeev Buium is somewhat surprising

17 years old defenseman who has 25 points in 18 games for the University of Denver, better PPG than Hutson so far this season

He will play for USA at the WJC

Reactions: covfefe

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
The lack of hype for Zeev Buium is somewhat surprising

17 years old defenseman who has 25 points in 18 games for the University of Denver, better PPG than Hutson so far this season

He will play for USA at the WJC
Why is there lack of hype tho?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why is there lack of hype tho?
Most midseason rankings aren't out yet. Heck Reinbacher didn't get shot up lists until the end of the season despite being good all year. He is another small guy though. His team mate Rizzo is also leading the NCAA in scoring and the team has 12 drafted players. Four other d on the team are hovering around a point per game or higher so I'd guess his team being stacked counts against him. With that many high scoring d it's likely the coach likes the activate the d in his system more frequently.

Personally he wouldn't be on my first round priority list simply because of his size and position. I may cry if we draft an LD unless they're a can't miss cale makar type. I have a feeling we're taking lindstrom if he's available and we're not picking first and if we end up closer to 10th we will reach on Iginla.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Typical overthinking it. Not that the players listed above are bad, but Demidov should pretty much be a lock at #2. I won't say it won't happen though, with last years draft, lmao.
Zeev Buium
His brothers are 6'3 and 6'2 too, there's reasons to believe he's gonna grow again.

Note that, Buium plays with the NCAAs two leading scorers.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Most midseason rankings aren't out yet. Heck Reinbacher didn't get shot up lists until the end of the season despite being good all year. He is another small guy though. His team mate Rizzo is also leading the NCAA in scoring and the team has 12 drafted players. Four other d on the team are hovering around a point per game or higher so I'd guess his team being stacked counts against him. With that many high scoring d it's likely the coach likes the activate the d in his system more frequently.

Personally he wouldn't be on my first round priority list simply because of his size and position. I may cry if we draft an LD unless they're a can't miss cale makar type. I have a feeling we're taking lindstrom if he's available and we're not picking first and if we end up closer to 10th we will reach on Iginla.
Agree with everything.

Don't think we will regret reaching on Iginla. He is a perfect fit and in my opinion, he has legit scoring upside and a solid profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad