Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Waiting for the tournament he's going to excel at. First it was the U18, then it was the World Championship because he's used to playing with pros. You got anything scheduled Helenius can show off at? :sarcasm:
Quite unfair assessment. Most draft eligible have not even played world championship, you can t demote him because of this. In the U18 he did not have a great tournament but Finland was not a great team either. If you want the 5 game tournament against juniors to discard a 55 game season against pros, sure…

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Quite unfair assessment. Most draft eligible have not even played world championship, you can t demote him because of this. In the U18 he did not have a great tournament but Finland was not a great team either. If you want the 5 game tournament against juniors to discard a 55 game season against pros, sure…

He was just ribbing the poster about claims he made regarding Helenius.

But everyone has been asking questions about Helenius skill level all year long and his opportunities against his age group were fails in that department. That leaves questions as to realistically how much scoring can he do at the NHL level.

And it's the scouts who have cooled on him after his last viewings. The u18s in particular weren't good at all. You can say the Finnish team is weak sure, but there were only weak teams besides Canada and USA and when you get your lunch handed to you by Teddy Stiga, that doesn't help your stock.

Nothing stops him from still becoming a good player but his opportunities to take a top 10 spot were missed and I'd bet on Catton or Lindstrom at center , even if they have to move to wing over Helenius personally.

Luckily for me, someone who remains unconvinced of his offensive upside, his size and failure to take his opportunities have closed the door on being the Habs selection so it's nothing i have to be concerned about.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Except Helenius wouldn’t be a reach since there’s no clear BPA after Celebrini-Demidov-Lev.

Also what happened with KK is irrelevant with today.
Well these lists are completely different from te to team, the consensus isn't worth a thing when we talking one team's specific list, for all we know, they might have him in the 4th tier of players

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting seeing these rankings from June 30 , 2023 from Page 1

I always look at ranking movement like this. It's a very interesting angle to see which players move up/down as the draft year moves along.

These kids are growing fast at this age. Draft is all about timing and then you wonder who are the ones who make more moves/development in D+1 and D+2. Got to try to find the guy who is improving at the right time. This is why I like Iggy so much. Yong and one of the hottest trending players. Kind of like Slaf and Reinbacher picks. We did this with KK but looking back, his draft year in Liiga was not that impressive. It was his U18's that made him a mover. Not enough of a strong resume in several areas.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lindstrom is just trying to scare off CBJ from picking him so that Habs can - Michkov style.

I think CBJ will go with Silayev or Dickinson, they really need someone with size, defensive acumen, skating and range to help supplement Mateychuk and Jiricek.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Eiserman would be extremely disappointing.
Habs management seems extremely opposed to picking up players with perceived character issues. Bergevin liked to talk about character but constantly picked up guys who were very questionable in that regard if he deemed the price was low enough to be worth it. I don't get that sense from Hughes personally. I don't think any amount of talent would sway him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think CBJ will go with Silayev or Dickinson, they really need someone with size, defensive acumen, skating and range to help supplement Mateychuk and Jiricek.
Isn’t that what Werenski and Severson for? They are there for forever.

Also, the Canes didn’t seem to use a lot of premium draft capital on defenders since he was there. So who knows.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

Also, the Canes didn’t seem to use a lot of premium draft capital on defenders since he was there. So who knows.
That was because the owner of the Canes made a public statement saying he didn't want them to draft D in the first round lol

Reactions: dinodebino

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That was because the owner of the Canes made a public statement saying he didn't want them to draft D in the first round lol
Well let’s hope that’s the case. I still think the Jackets are quite loaded defensively and will lean to take a forward. Not only are Mateychuk and Jiricek their best prospects, they also have Svozil and Ceulemans behind them. They need good wingers, Demidov is the perfect player for them.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla, please. I ask nothing more, nothing less.

If they go with another option, I will destroy my television.

If Sennecke or Leshunov are another options, It's ok, my television will survive.

But if it's another players than all these 5, I will never be watching TV again in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891 and Seb

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Werenski has 4 years left, if CBJ's history has taught us anything he will probably be gone then or ask out earlier. Their top pick this year will be 22 when Werenski's deal expires.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
My top5 for the Habs pick:

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Lindstrom
4. Dickinson
5. Levshunov

HM: Iginla, Catton and Sennecke.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Here’s my hot take:

One of Chicago or Anaheim takes Buium. Also, I think Columbus takes Lindstrom and that leaves us with either a leftover D or Iginla and I’m good with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad