Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Werenski has 4 years left, if CBJ's history has taught us anything he will probably be gone then or ask out earlier. Their top pick this year will be 22 when Werenski's deal expires.
Then wouldn’t you want to pick a dynamic forward to try and entice him to stay rather than lining up his replacement.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Maybe, but they were also doing their due diligence in the most likely even that they fall out of the top 2.
weird that the link isnt working but i think the interest is more recent than the lottery. Its a clip of Arpon talking about it on BPM. to be fair i havent had the chance to listen to it as im still working.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Basu on BPM sport today said Lindstrom is the wildcard of the draft. He hears he could go as soon as 3-4 but also drop around 10-11-12, because there’s questions about him.

Also said Sennecke is also a wildcard but the other way around, he’ll rise.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Basu on BPM sport today said Lindstrom is the wildcard of the draft. He hears he could go as soon as 3-4 but also drop around 10-11-12, because there’s questions about him.

HMMM
interesting insight

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Only dipshits like Scott Wheeler think picking a top line winger is a better idea that picking a top pairing defenseman with size.

Chicago was always going D. The tier 2 of forwards like Demidov, Lindstrom and others are not better than last years Carlsson, Fantilli and Smith tier. They should not go over these defenseman. At least at 2 and 3.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Only dipshits like Scott Wheeler think picking a top line winger is a better idea that picking a top pairing defenseman with size.

Chicago was always going D. The tier 2 of forwards like Demidov, Lindstrom and others are not better than last years Carlsson, Fantilli and Smith tier. They should not go over these defenseman. At least at 2 and 3.
Well let's try the first winger vs first defenseman off the board since 2005.

Ryan vs Johnson? Ryan
Johnson vs Kessel? Kessel
Kane vs Hickey? Kane
Filatov vs Doughty? Doughty
Hedman vs Kane? Hedman
Hall vs Gudbranson? Hall
Landeskog vs Larsson? Landeskog
Yakupov vs Murray? Neither lol
Drouin vs Jones? Jones
Reinhart vs Ekblad? Reinhart
Marner vs Hanifin? Marner
Laine vs Juolevi? Laine
Tippet vs Heiskanen? Heiskanen
Svechnikov vs Dahlin? Dahlin
Kakko vs Byram? Byram

With Lafreniere still developing I'll stop there but it's a pretty even bet at the top of the draft, at least in recent years.

Reactions: Frank JT

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
That's a bunch of major horsehockey. Many 33 overall picks don't have NHL careers. Mailloux is a sure thing to have a lengthy NHL career with his tools and development progress.

He was a late 1st rounder only because of the controversy surrounding him at the time. He missed much of his draft year and D+1 seasons and his trajectory since then has been nothing but a straight upward slope. Did you watch his one game with the Habs against a Red Wings team that needed to win that game? The kid looked like a 10 year veteran both with and without the puck.
He has played exactly one game in the NHL and you have him a virtual star...lol.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Well let's try the first winger vs first defenseman off the board since 2005.

Ryan vs Johnson? Ryan
Johnson vs Kessel? Kessel
Kane vs Hickey? Kane
Filatov vs Doughty? Doughty
Hedman vs Kane? Hedman
Hall vs Gudbranson? Hall
Landeskog vs Larsson? Landeskog
Yakupov vs Murray? Neither lol
Drouin vs Jones? Jones
Reinhart vs Ekblad? Reinhart
Marner vs Hanifin? Marner
Laine vs Juolevi? Laine
Tippet vs Heiskanen? Heiskanen
Svechnikov vs Dahlin? Dahlin
Kakko vs Byram? Byram

With Lafreniere still developing I'll stop there but it's a pretty even bet at the top of the draft, at least in recent years.
Now look at the caliber of defenseman on that list vs the caliber of wingers.

Hedman, Heiskanen, Doughty, Dahlin,

Vs

Kane, Landeskog, Marner, Reinhart

Both groups are elite, but I'd much rather have one of those defenseman vs the wingers a part from Kane in his prime.

I'd always take the chance on the D vs Winger if I need both and the players are viewed as similar in skill at the time of the draft.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Isn’t that what Werenski and Severson for? They are there for forever.

Also, the Canes didn’t seem to use a lot of premium draft capital on defenders since he was there. So who knows.

Both of them are offensively inclined, not defensive stalwarts.

Canes was mandated from Dundon, Waddell lets scouts do their thing. Him being hired means nothing changes for them.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

That's where he loses all credibility.

Reactions: jaffy27

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
That's where he loses all credibility.
I dont think so... He's right for once. If you look at the recent mock drafts, Lidstrom is losing ground and its understandable because of the lack of play time. As for Sennecke... He's a riser, no doubt.

Reactions: Doublechin

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The bolded needs to be said more often around here. People make the mistake of acting like BPA is a unanimous thing, some posters need to be reminded that BPA is a subjective thing.
BPA is “don’t mess up the pick, especially if you don’t go with the popular lists.” Don’t reach for position, don’t take the best center available if he’s projected to go next round. As with most draft stuff it doesn’t become clear for years but it’s easy to build a narrative in hindsight.

You’re trying to project who will be the best player 5 years out. It’s voodoo. You still have to try to do it as best you can.

The easiest move is to go with the guy highest on most lists, but some GMs do better. Or worse.

Reactions: bcv

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I dont think so... He's right for once. If you look at the recent mock drafts, Lidstrom is losing ground and its understandable because of the lack of play time. As for Sennecke... He's a riser, no doubt.
He’s right in the sense that he’s Arpon and he just says things to cover all bases.

Saying Lindstrom can go 3 or can go 12 is the perfect example of not saying anything of substance. I will also make the claim that Lindstrom get drafted between 3-12. Yeah, we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad