Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Catton and Parekh were head and shoulders above anyone else on Canada.

The '25 kids looked good but they are young so consistency from them is not to be expected.

Reactions: JotAlan

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How did Masse look like ?

Nice finish around the net for his goal.. I like his goal scoring instincts and hands but the feet are troublesome. I don't know how well he'll be able to position himself to score in the NHL without an improvement there, but thankfully he has the size.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Nice finish around the net for his goal.. I like his goal scoring instincts and hands but the feet are troublesome. I don't know how well he'll be able to position himself to score in the NHL without an improvement there, but thankfully he has the size.
I do think that can be improve though (how much that’s an other question). The kid have the wheel to improve so that’s a good start

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

He makes me think of Simon Gagné at the same age a lot.

Reactions: Vachon23

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I thought Catton and Zayne Parekh were the two best players against the Czechs, so i'm not surprised to hear they did well today too. I liked Dickinson's mobility, poise and puckhandling. If he doesn't cam allen himself he's got everything to shuffle the cards at the very top.

Will the regular games be posted on youtube as well?

Reactions: atrud66

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Simon Gagne was one of the best skaters in his draft.....they are almost opposites imo.

Nope...he was the best skater in his draft 4-5 years AFTER his draft.

He had all kinds of skating issues in his draft year, that's why he went 22nd overall.

Massé like Gagné in his draft year is not a bad skater, he's awkward.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Super early, obviously.. but not a bad top 10.

Ivan Demidov​
F​
MHL​
Cole Eiserman​
LW​
USHL​
Macklin Celebrini​
C​
USHL​
Artyom Levshunov​
RD​
USHL​
Zayne Parekh​
RHD​
OHL​
Berkley Catton​
C​
WHL​
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard​
LW​
SHL​
Adam Jiricek​
RHD​
Cze​
Sam Dickinson​
LD​
OHL​
Aron Kiviharju​
LD​
Liiga​

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nope...he was the best skater in his draft 4-5 years AFTER his draft.

He had all kinds of skating issues in his draft year, that's why he went 22nd overall.

Massé like Gagné in his draft year is not a bad skater, he's awkward.

Gonna have to strongly disagree on both points here. Gagne was always a great skater and Masse's skating is really bad.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Ivan Demidov​
F​
MHL​
Cole Eiserman​
LW​
USHL​
Macklin Celebrini​
C​
USHL​
Artyom Levshunov​
RD​
USHL​
Zayne Parekh​
RHD​
OHL​
Berkley Catton​
C​
WHL​
LW​
SHL​
Adam Jiricek​
RHD​
Cze​
Sam Dickinson​
LD​
OHL​
Aron Kiviharju​
LD​
Liiga​
Of your top 10 which one do you think could plummet to late 1st, or even out of the 1st round ?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I have no idea how you can scout a tournament like that...lol. There's really nothing in there that you won't see during the season with their regular team. And the challenge will be tougher.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
I have no idea how you can scout a tournament like that...lol. There's really nothing in there that you won't see during the season with their regular team. And the challenge will be tougher.
Yeah, personally I put little to no weight on these international tournaments in regards to draft stocks. There are too many factors that influence (in a good or bad way) a player's showing in my opinion. Also I find that some people are being swayed way too easily from these games. For example, D'Aigle is now suddenly garbage with no future whatsoever according to some on his prospect's thread.

But it's still interesting to watch the prospects' dynamic and how they play against the best peers of their age. And particularly for the Hlinka's case, it's the main window to discover the upcoming draftees.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This event rules because it's where you can discover the future of a draft class or see someone like Misa.

Anything definitive is stupid, but its a nice barometer and start to the scouting season.
Yeah I know what you mean. It makes you discover the prospects personal abilities. But we all know that you can't draw conclusions as far as team play, oppositions etc. Though, you can already determine that when all is said and done.....we will all love Catton...Misa etc.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Ivan Demidov​
F​
MHL​
Cole Eiserman​
LW​
USHL​
Macklin Celebrini​
C​
USHL​
Artyom Levshunov​
RD​
USHL​
Zayne Parekh​
RHD​
OHL​
Berkley Catton​
C​
WHL​
LW​
SHL​
Adam Jiricek​
RHD​
Cze​
Sam Dickinson​
LD​
OHL​
Aron Kiviharju​
LD​
Liiga​

Looking like a very solid top 10 akin to 2019

Reactions: Sagikev

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah I know what you mean. It makes you discover the prospects personal abilities. But we all know that you can't draw conclusions as far as team play, oppositions etc. Though, you can already determine that when all is said and done.....we will all love Catton...Misa etc.

I like to see where they start the year off, too. Like Cam Allen looked off and never recovered, Yager looked great but never really had the season we expected.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad