Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Kiviharju will be the BPA and we will reach for Brandsegg Nygard, Demidov will be off the table by January due to character/Russia concerns.

There I saved a year's worth of discussion
January 2023 he's off the table.

We CaNt GeT iNtO rUsSiA.

What do you mean you can't? You're f***ing Russian, Mr. BOBROV

• Haha
Reactions: Kaladin

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I didn't disagree with any of that. If you're not watching a player live you can only glean so much from tape. And we know the Habs hate not being able to watch a player live from past experience as I'm sure our friend WTK will tell us soon. So not sure why you're working yourself up over Demidov. Based on their outlined criteria in the past very little chance they draft him even if he falls somehow to our 8th or later pick.

People will make fun of this post but based on actual behavior displayed by this management this is the most likely scenario.

What are your thoughts on this draft class or it's players ? Or are you going to whine about Michkov in the same way, in every thread ?

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
What are your thoughts on this draft class or it's players ? Or are you going to whine about Michkov in the same way, in every thread ?
People were talking about Demidov. I didn't bring it up. You don't think how we dealt with Michkov is relevant to how we should view Demidov? I was merely adding to the conversation some appropriate context. Trying to keep everyone's logic consistent across top Russian prospects.

Honestly I have such a bitter taste from the last draft that I haven't been able to get in the prospect watching zone still. I'm afraid the guy that I think is best for us for this upcoming draft we'll skip on again like we did with Cooley and then Michkov. Besides it's all so predictable at this point. We wont' draft any of the exciting D in this class and we'll avoid any talented small guys with our first pick. I'll just filter out the top forward prospects that are 5'11 and higher at some point in the season and go watch only them. Only way to not get annoyed with this management.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kiviharju will be the BPA and we will reach for Brandsegg Nygard, Demidov will be off the table by January due to character/Russia concerns.

We CaNt GeT iNtO rUsSiA.

Are we really going to keep doing this?

It's been almost a month and this is the type of immature, pervasive, toxic, boring, unoriginal and not funny at all shit that keeps popping up in every thread and every discussion.

My god. This is the most annoying shit I've seen on the boards and I've been here since f***ing 2006.

The fact that some posters who I thought were strong critical thinkers can still sit there and kick and scream over the video stuff and miss the entire context and other concerns that were brought up and seemingly shared by 5 other teams is mind boggling to me.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

Nah, does not even need to go into details.

Whoever the Habs pick, there will be major dissatisfacfion.

We CaNt GeT iNtO rUsSiA.

I think they rather have folks like you speculate on their presence in Russia rather than speculate on what they could have said negatives about Michkov traits.

Seems like its working.

Pretty obvious that there is more to it than that ffs.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Are we really going to keep doing this?

It's been almost a month and this is the type of immature, pervasive, toxic, boring, unoriginal and not funny at all shit that keeps popping up in every thread and every discussion.

My god. This is the most annoying shit I've seen on the boards and I've been here since f***ing 2006.

The fact that some posters who I thought were strong critical thinkers can still sit there and kick and scream over the video stuff and miss the entire context and other concerns that were brought up and seemingly shared by 5 other teams is mind boggling to me.
It's not that they passed on Michkov, that's fine.

It's that they should be more than able to get there to watch him play live.

Maybe they were going to go with Reinbacher regardless, that's fine, but they're either terrible liars, or showing another sign that they shouldn't be counted on to do a solid job in management.

Nah, does not even need to go into details.

Whoever the Habs pick, there will be major dissatisfacfion.

I think they rather have folks like you speculate on their presence in Russia rather than speculate on what they could have said negatives about Michkov traits.

Seems like its working.

Pretty obvious that there is more to it than that ffs.
If there is, and it's likely, it's almost certainly incompetence in one aspect, or another.

Reactions: Kaladin

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's not that they passed on Michkov, that's fine.

It's that they should be more than able to get there to watch him play live.

Maybe they were going to go with Reinbacher regardless, that's fine, but they're either terrible liars, or showing another sign that they shouldn't be counted on to do a solid job in management.

If there is, and it's likely, it's almost certainly incompetence in one aspect, or another.

It doesn't sound like they were able to, nor were many other teams. This was talked about on The Athletic podcast. The Montreal Canadiens were not the only team who didn't have a live scout in Russia to watch him play and even if they did, their major scouts and organizational pieces couldn't.

But again, that was not the -main- piece of it. It was just part of their explanation to the public as to why, they aren't going to go into a deep philosophical discussion on it and bring out all of their internal notes on the player just so fans will stop raging on a message board and twitter.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
People were talking about Demidov. I didn't bring it up. You don't think how we dealt with Michkov is relevant to how we should view Demidov?
I don't think it's relevant. Michkov plays a different position, and imo, they probably think he plays too much like Caufield.

In any case, it's likely not going to matter as it's doubtful we're in a position to draft Demidov.

We'll see what the year brings ....

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
I don't think it's relevant. Michkov plays a different position, and imo, they probably think he plays too much like Caufield.

In any case, it's likely not going to matter as it's doubtful we're in a position to draft Demidov.

We'll see what the year brings ....
They both play as wingers I thought but regardless it's clearly very relevant given all the war talk, dad dying, authoritarian regime, can't watch live conspiracy stuff that was rampant around here in the leadup to the draft.

I agree we won't be in a position to draft him. Let's see what the year brings indeed.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think we need to look at Massé a whole lot, he's the obvious need pick before you talk about him being Quebecois. We don't have have a big RW with these kinds of skills.

I haven't watched him much but what I've read had him more as a 20s pick.

Still a whole lot of runway to go. Need more forwards pushing the top end of the draft.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I haven't watched him much but what I've read had him more as a 20s pick.

Still a whole lot of runway to go. Need more forwards pushing the top end of the draft.

He's ranked 10-12th right now. But that doesn't mean much.

That's why I want to put a lot of watching time early to see where he's at. Hlinka will provide that quite well.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hlinka starts Monday, and it's on TSN.

The TV schedule:

Screenshot_20230729_102903_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad