• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I haven't watched him much but what I've read had him more as a 20s pick.

Still a whole lot of runway to go. Need more forwards pushing the top end of the draft.
I would be surprise if he pass the top 20

The tools are there and the progression have been awesome last year

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Poirier looked interesting in the game against Hungary. Hard to really glean anything away from a game like this though.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Helenius is one I see pushing for the top-5. I expect a big DY out of him in the Liiga, and an important role at the WJC. He would be a great fit in our top-6 with tons of skill and speed, and he's a very active forechecker as well. I would like to see him be a bit less selfish with the puck though, and more accurate with his shot. Hopefully he grows a little in the next year.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Yes, you can.

Czech - Canada pre-tournament game for those who want to watch it.

Canada won 5-0.

Goals: Wetsch, Martone, Ritchie, Misa & Poirier.

I liked Catton, very fast, agile and skilled. Lindstrom Im intrigued, didnt play alot, but huge frame, strong skater, plays a hard nosed game with some intriguing puck skills. Dickenson looks really solid, but I tried to pay more attention to fowards.

Massé, worst skater on the team, had no impact on the game with some erratic passes. There is definitely something wrong with the Q, they are producing very few NHLers over years and few players can crack the national team in such international competitions. It sucks, I was eager to watch that Massé kid play since he could be in our range next draft, big disappointment, not a play driver and looks like a late 1st with that poor skating.

Edit: On the bright side for the Q, D'aigle was outstanding in net.

Last edited:

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
Just started watching Canada-Finland but Dickenson really impressed me in the pre-tournament game against the Czechs. Too bad we don't need a defenseman

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
honestly, absolutely painful, watching this game. We had 1st overall and landed slaf. 2023, 2024, 2025 #1 overalls are sure bet nhl players. it hurts the soul.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just started watching Canada-Finland but Dickenson really impressed me in the pre-tournament game against the Czechs. Too bad we don't need a defenseman
I ended up seeing quite a bit of him while watching Mailloux's games last season. There's definitely a lot of potential there, the Hunters we're playing him a ton in a lot of different roles. Good pro dman frame too and he'll only get bigger/stronger.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thought Catton had a really nice first period.

Parekh looked a little off with his passing.

Dickinson is gonna be a coaches dream.

Nice finish by Masse, those feet are atrocious.

D'Aigle needs to be better, thankfully Finnish goalie is horrendous.

Malcolm Spence is gonna be an all tool, no toolbox player for this draft, isn't he?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good - the tools are intriguing, but some of his reads in period one were bad.

But being a non draft eligible in this group that makes a bit more sense that it could just be the speed rather than the thinking.
He was a bright spot on a terrible Erie team last season as a young 16 years old. They'll rely on him a lot this season, they're not expected to be all that good again.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
what happened to canada's goalies? I remember when stars would be left off team canada because of the talent. it feels like russia is the new canada when it comes to goalies.
I have a lot of hope for Daigle. But today....he looks real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad