Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's not like there's this Bedard level talent at the top this year anyway. It's not crazy that Catton being picked around 6-8 is considered around the same level as Celebrini or Eiserman.

Reactions: JotAlan and atrud66

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
It's not like there's this Bedard level talent at the top this year anyway. It's not crazy that Catton being picked around 6-8 is considered around the same level as Celebrini or Eiserman.

You won't say this in 9 months. If Celebrini had been at Hlinka you wouldn't say this. There is a gulf.

I agree, Catton is pretty close to Eiserman

Reactions: JotAlan

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You won't say this in 9 months. If Celebrini had been at Hlinka you wouldn't say this. There is a gulf.

I agree, Catton is pretty close to Eiserman

There can be a gulf at the end, the point is that this isn't a draft where we need to be mad if we don't draft top 5..

Now that can change as development happens, but right now, there isn't a generational prize at the top and there isn't a huge talent gap between players projected in the top 10 right now.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
There can be a gulf at the end, the point is that this isn't a draft where we need to be mad if we don't draft top 5..

Now that can change as development happens, but right now, there isn't a generational prize at the top and there isn't a huge talent gap between players projected in the top 10 right now.

I think Celebrini is at least a franchise prize. Eiseman and Demidov stars, and the rest first line/pairing. I agree with you the top 5 is not "all franchise players" but picking first there is a prize (I think that's where we disagree right now).

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Need to be pretty high to get a forward, though. And as of now other than Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov and Catton there isn’t other ‘’elite’’ ones imo.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Need to be pretty high to get a forward, though. And as of now other than Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov and Catton there isn’t other ‘’elite’’ ones imo.
I'm fairly confident these 4 will be there. Helenius should be in the mix as well if he keeps trending as he did in his D-1. We'll probably see a couple other forwards closing on that group and entering the top-10 discussion.

In the end I do think we see at least 4 or 5 Ds picked in the top10. If teams don't believe in Eiserman or Demidov's game *that* much, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 Ds go straight after Celebrini.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm fairly confident these 4 will be there. Helenius should be in the mix as well if he keeps trending as he did in his D-1. We'll probably see a couple other forwards closing on that group and entering the top-10 discussion.

In the end I do think we see at least 4 or 5 Ds picked in the top10. If teams don't believe in Eiserman or Demidov's game *that* much, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 Ds go straight after Celebrini.

The Ds are very good and rapidly becoming important players against that 2023 forward crop. I think a more important question for this year: how good is Mews exactly?

If he develops his D well and continues progressing offensively, it will rapidly become a Celebrini vs. Mews fight for number 1. Dickinson also can have this effect on the top 5.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not a fan as of now, at least not with a top-10 pick. He would be a good addition if we can manage to get a 2nd first though, he's a type of player we don't really have right now.

He's awesome, he's a great option if we are picking and Celebrini, Eiserman, Catton and Demidov are off the board.

I have a hard time identifying any other forward in the draft beyond those 4 who have a case against him right now.

But it's also August.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
His skating reminds me more of Stranges or Cristall.....definitely faster than the latter though.

Had to jump off following the first period, but I thought Demidov looked really good. Some posters blamed him for goal #2 but it was not a decision making error in my view. The Russian fans are, for the most part, really territorial when it comes to Michkov and pointing out his mistakes (which are correctable), and I say this as someone who thinks Michkov is a future superstar.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon

Anybody else thinking that we should adjust our perception of KHL play? Obviously this is just preseason and Demidov is great, but the quality of the league has dropped significantly over the past 10-ish years. Good prospect production in the KHL is still good, but I would be taking the "generational" statlines with a grain of salt (looking at you, Matvei).

Reactions: Sagikev and SOLR

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Anybody else thinking that we should adjust our perception of KHL play? Obviously this is just preseason and Demidov is great, but the quality of the league has dropped significantly over the past 10-ish years. Good prospect production in the KHL is still good, but I would be taking the "generational" statlines with a grain of salt (looking at you, Matvei).
I think it’s great to see where those kids are at, playing with men even if it’s not as strong as it once was, the games are still with a system that could be similar to the NHL. It’s against pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad