• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I think it’s great to see where those kids are at, playing with men even if it’s not as strong as it once was, the games are still with a system that could be similar to the NHL. It’s against pro.
Oh definitely. I'd rather see a kid perform in the KHL than in the CHL or USHL. It's mostly that ppg comparisons to Ovechkin, Kucherov, Panarin or others are misleading now.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Oh definitely. I'd rather see a kid perform in the KHL than in the CHL or USHL. It's mostly that ppg comparisons to Ovechkin, Kucherov, Panarin or others are misleading now.
Ah yeah for sure, we also have to take into account their ice-time, do they play on the PP, etc because usually the younger players don’t play much if at all.

Demidov is really impressive, though!

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Ughh you already know it. Like Carlsson and Fantili last year, Demidov's going to be just about outside our reach.

Hopefully one or two Ds can push him down a tad.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Ughh you already know it. Like Carlsson and Fantili last year, Demidov's going to be just about outside our reach.

Hopefully one or two Ds can push him down a tad.
Or we win the lottery for first overall or 2nd and we take him :D

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Early top 30 for the 2024 draft out of the OHL. Should be a much better crop for that league talent wise than in 2023, very strong on defense especially.

Weak year for forwards there. Sennecke is interesting but no way I'd pick him over Parekh.

Dickinson is gonna go top 3 is my guess.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Considering the D group is strong in 2024 and there are four forwards we'd be lucky to have in Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov and Catton... hopefully we'll be in position to snag one of those four guys. Even better if another forward or two breaks out and we're sitting in the #6-10 range

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They're from long island, I guess Uconn or Providence could be possibilities, if they want to be a bit closer to home. Really not much of a difference though :dunno:
BU or Michigan are the rumors but I believe I read Providence was of interest.

I would pick Providence over UConn though, better coach as he was Team USA's HC at the WJC's. They can't attract the high end talent that Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, BC, BU, Denver, get but like Northeastern they have really turned their program into one of the top 15-20 schools in college hockey imo. UConn is on the rise though, they struggled for so many years so good to see them doing better in what is a really tough conference.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Demidov is 13th forward for the first SKA game of the KHL season!

Very excited to watch him this morning

Game starts at 10 am ET

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Detroit's pushing for the POs, Anaheim added vets and Arizona should be better than last year. Still a fair shot at top-5 imo.

Early on, how do you guys see the top quality in comparison to 2023? No Bedard obviously, but I'd think Celebrini, Eiserman and Demidov may all be in a similar tier as Fantilli, Carlsson and Michkov. Catton and Helenius I would say are close to Will Smith. For defensemen, I think Dickinson is top-3 worthy. Mews, Parekh and Jiricek are close to Reinbacher in quality; better offensively, but I don't see any of them being as sound all over the ice.

Anyway, lots to be played still, but it should be a very deep and talented top-10.
I think similar. In terms of potential, I think Bedard and Michkov are in the top tier. Celebrini is there with Fantilli and Carlsson. Demidov, Catton and Eiserman are between them and Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad