2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
If Levshunov is in the NHL next season I'll have serious reservations about this rebuild.

If it happens it’ll for sure be the first “wtf are we doing here” moment for KD.

Thus far I love what KD has put together (on paper), but rushing Levshunov to the NHL would be Bowman shit.

I wouldn’t be angry either way (MSU/Rockford), but I think Rockford would actually be a good development spot for him.

Impressed with what they’re doing down there with Defensemen. Team should be very good. Can’t believe I’m saying this because Rockford was a black hole for so long.

Either way you slice it he’s going to be playing for 4 teams in 5 years. Not impressed with Michigan State, he’s still got a relatively soft body after a year with them and the coach doesn’t crack the whip on some of his more egregious mistakes.

MSUs style lends its self to turnovers. It’s not a great environment for him to unlearn those bad habits. AHL would be my preference.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Hey fellas, we haven't used our 2nd overall pick on anyone yet.

Why all this talk of where Levshunov will play next year if he isn't under the organizations control?

You're acting as if the draft has already happened.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Honestly I wouldn't mind Korchinski-Levshunov as the top pairing for the Hogs all year. I think Korch could use the year in the Rock. It's a shame the Hawks were in the position they were with him last year. I think Vlasic benefitted from his year there.
The one thing Rockford has done well the past 3 years is develop the dmen well…Vlasic, Phillips, Kaiser, EDM, and Allan. Korchinski definitely would benefit from a year there.

Reactions: hawksrule

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I just think people aren't really thinking through this in depth. The point of signing him is to keep him happy and give him a chance to try out for the team and prove his stuff. The point of sending him to the CHL is to aid his development. They aren't one in the same step that occur simultaneously. I'm just saying it's a possibility that I think people are overlooking. You don't know on the day he is signing the ELC whether he is NHL ready, AHL ready or needs another year of amateur seasoning.
You keep saying people are missing the points... your points are simply not rational.

Why are you worried about keeping a hypothetical 2nd overall pick happy? (If you fear a 2nd overall pick staying 4 years to ufa, Thats irrational crazytown.) If not that why do you think theres an issue of telling him to stay at Michigan State?

If they "don't know if he's nhl/ahl ready" then Davidson and the scouting/development staff should all be replaced. That's literally part of their job to think though now, before drafting him. There's no mystery, consensus is absolutely he has jumped 3 levels in 3 years, he needs some stability and college is still a great development situation. He absolutely should stay.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You keep saying people are missing the points... your points are simply not rational.
They're perfectly rational, people just think you can omnipotently know how ready a player is before they step into an NHL training camp. Sometimes... sometimes not.
Why are you worried about keeping a hypothetical 2nd overall pick happy?
Is that a serious question..? You should always be showing good faith with players you invest a lot in.
(If you fear a 2nd overall pick staying 4 years to ufa, Thats irrational crazytown.)
No, that's not what I said. But did you not just see Cutter Gauthier force his way out of his drafted team? Let's not act like things are impossible when you tick players off.
If not that why do you think theres an issue of telling him to stay at Michigan State?
There's not an "issue" if you are convinced he is not ready, or he expresses a desire to go back to Michigan State. If he expresses a desire to turn Professional, I disagree on being so hastily to shut that door.
If they "don't know if he's nhl/ahl ready" then Davidson and the scouting/development staff should all be replaced.
No, you're being completely irrational.
That's literally part of their job to think though now, before drafting him.
Why do players subject to the CHL Transfer Agreement try out in NHL Training Camps, sometimes get extended looks, sometimes play NHL games and get sent back, sometimes stay up...? If it's "literally part of their job", all of that is just a big waste of time?
There's no mystery, consensus is absolutely he has jumped 3 levels in 3 years, he needs some stability and college is still a great development situation. He absolutely should stay.
OK, and he may want to stay, he may not. I imagine part of this interview process is determining all of that.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
In the course of having breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a $1.50 hot dog at Cosco with Levshunov, I'd hope the Hawks brass in performing due dilligence would have asked him about his outlook for next year.

During the Combine interview he was asked about signing as a pro or going back to school and his answer was basically that it is up to the team the drafts him.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
We all know KD loves the best skaters in the draft so I'm sure all these guys are near the top of our draft board at 18th. Below are polled scouts on who the best skater in the draft is;

BEST SKATER

Berkly Catton

Sam Dickinson (multiple votes)

Michael Hage

Cole Hutson

Cayden Lindstrom (multiple votes)

Jett Luchanko

Zayne Parekh (multiple votes)

Anton Silayev

Stian Solberg

Luchanko, Hage, and Solberg are all in that range for us. Last year we picked 2/5 polled Best Skaters from this list in Lardis and Moore

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We all know KD loves the best skaters in the draft so I'm sure all these guys are near the top of our draft board at 18th. Below are polled scouts on who the best skater in the draft is;

BEST SKATER

Berkly Catton

Sam Dickinson (multiple votes)

Michael Hage

Cole Hutson

Cayden Lindstrom (multiple votes)

Jett Luchanko

Zayne Parekh (multiple votes)

Anton Silayev

Stian Solberg

Luchanko, Hage, and Solberg are all in that range for us. Last year we picked 2/5 polled Best Skaters from this list in Lardis and Moore
I'm happy with Hage at 18.

I made a mock like a month ago and had Hage going 18 to the Islanders.

He's a true center.

Hopefully it's not Luchanko. Too high to be drafting a smurf like that, though I wouldn't mind him later.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
My prediction is Luchanko will be the Nick Lardis of this draft. Borderline 1st round talent who killed it at the combine with his numbers, both elite speed, both 5'11, both with great OHL years in their D-0 and he will likely slip in the draft and people will wonder why.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My prediction is Luchanko will be the Nick Lardis of this draft. Borderline 1st round talent who killed it at the combine with his numbers, both elite speed, both 5'11, both with great OHL years in their D-0 and he will likely slip in the draft and people will wonder why.

I think its opposite with him

I think he ends up drafted in late teens/early 20's

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I wonder if Levshunov would be in talks for #2 overall if he was a left shooting D?

I personally don’t see ANY elite skills. I see a dude with a very high floor (a lot of good projectionable skills) & therefore, is a safe pick.

My money is still on Cayden Lindstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium