• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Honestly I wouldn't mind Korchinski-Levshunov as the top pairing for the Hogs all year. I think Korch could use the year in the Rock. It's a shame the Hawks were in the position they were with him last year. I think Vlasic benefitted from his year there.
Korchinski isn’t going to the hogs

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Korchinski isn’t going to the hogs
Yeah, I can't see it. How many times has a player played a FULL season in the NHL due to the CHL Transfer Agreement and then gone to the AHL the following year? I think they'd let Phillips ride the Waiver Bus or jerk Kaiser around (one more year of Waiver-Exempt status) before they'd send Korchinski down, unless the play of the respective players doesn't leave them any choice.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I am actually not ok with them playing him with the Hawks last year if they're not willing to send him down next year, which his play warranted imo. He was one of the worst defensmen in the NHL analytically last year.
His play was fine. Not sure what your expecting out of a 19 year old dman.

Yeah, I can't see it. How many times has a player played a FULL season in the NHL due to the CHL Transfer Agreement and then gone to the AHL the following year? I think they'd let Phillips ride the Waiver Bus or jerk Kaiser around (one more year of Waiver-Exempt status) before they'd send Korchinski down, unless the play of the respective players doesn't leave them any choice.
I think Isaak and Crevier are the waiver guys who get call ups until they think Del Mastro or Allan are ready for a go.
Kaiser should make the roster on the third pair at least to me. But maybe he becomes a sneaky trade candidate

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Honestly I wouldn't mind Korchinski-Levshunov as the top pairing for the Hogs all year. I think Korch could use the year in the Rock. It's a shame the Hawks were in the position they were with him last year. I think Vlasic benefitted from his year there.

Korchinski in Rockford is ideal. I really hope it happens.

Let him run the PP, play in all situations. Call him up in March if he’s playing well.

I've said the darkhorse option is he signs an ELC, attends Hawks training camp and they assign him to a CHL team (that would acquire his rights). He said in interviews he wanted to go CHL like his former teammate Yegor Sidorov but it wasn't an option due to the nationality ban (which is now lifted).

I don’t see how the CHL is a positive thing for his development.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don’t see how the CHL is a positive thing for his development.
Plays against players his own age in a loose environment where he can focus on being a Number 1/all situations DMan without all the pressure of pro hockey. Basically, if he signs an ELC, NCAA is no longer an option and if you don't want to rush him into the AHL, the CHL would be the available option.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Plays against players his own age in a loose environment where he can focus on being a Number 1/all situations DMan without all the pressure of pro hockey. Basically, if he signs an ELC, NCAA is no longer an option and if you don't want to rush him into the AHL, the CHL would be the available option.
As we saw with Korchinski, being beholden to the CHL agreement is not good. However, Levshunov is an early birthday so it might not be as much of an issue for him.

Honestly, he was good enough in the NCAA that I think another year of college hockey is probably the best bet.

I get why most posters think that Korchinski isn't going to Rockford, but I don't think it should be considered a crazy notion.

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

Oh gotcha. I hope he doesn’t sign and sticks around MSU another year.

I just don’t see the upside in having him dominate 17-18 year olds.

If he does sign, I’m hoping he spends a full season in Rockford.

Reactions: WarriorofTime

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
As we saw with Korchinski, being beholden to the CHL agreement is not good. However, Levshunov is an early birthday so it might not be as much of an issue for him.

Honestly, he was good enough in the NCAA that I think another year of college hockey is probably the best bet.

I get why most posters think that Korchinski isn't going to Rockford, but I don't think it should be considered a crazy notion.
Levshunov is not beholden to CHL Agreement. Since he would be drafted out of the NCAA, he's eligible for the AHL if the team wanted to place him there, but if they think he's not ready for AHL, they can send him to CHL but not the NCAA because once a player signs a Pro Contract, they can't go back to the NCAA.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Levshunov is not beholden to CHL Agreement. Since he would be drafted out of the NCAA, he's eligible for the AHL if the team wanted to place him there, but if they think he's not ready for AHL, they can send him to CHL but not the NCAA because once a player signs a Pro Contract, they can't go back to the NCAA.
This situation you're setting up would significantly be worse than him stating at Michigan State... for what benefit, training camp? 2 weeks? That's all I see of the point you're making. The 3-4 hrs drive distance from M state means they can be plenty in touch

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
This situation you're setting up would significantly be worse than him stating at Michigan State... for what benefit, training camp? 2 weeks? That's all I see of the point you're making. The 3-4 hrs drive distance from M state means they can be plenty in touch
If you draft him 2nd and he says "please sign me, I want to sign", do you tell him "no eff off, go back to college"?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If you draft him 2nd and he says "please sign me, I want to sign", do you tell him "no eff off, go back to college"?
Yes... what wild thoughts are these. If they feel he 100% is not ready for the AHL, yes, because the chl talk is such a bad development choice to consider.

You'd wonder why he wants to sign. If he needs money, I'm sure teams figure things out under the table like in all other NA sports.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I’ve said it before, my money is on us drafting Lev and signing him this summer and that he’ll get every chance to make the NHL team

after how KK was handled this year I think KD’s a little too green and probably feels more immediate pressure than he should

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wouldn’t be angry either way (MSU/Rockford), but I think Rockford would actually be a good development spot for him.

Impressed with what they’re doing down there with Defensemen. Team should be very good. Can’t believe I’m saying this because Rockford was a black hole for so long.

Either way you slice it he’s going to be playing for 4 teams in 5 years. Not impressed with Michigan State, he’s still got a relatively soft body after a year with them and the coach doesn’t crack the whip on some of his more egregious mistakes.

Reactions: HawksDub89

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yes... what wild thoughts are these. If they feel he 100% is not ready for the AHL, yes, because the chl talk is such a bad development choice to consider.

You'd wonder why he wants to sign. If he needs money, I'm sure teams figure things out under the table like in all other NA sports.
I just think people aren't really thinking through this in depth. The point of signing him is to keep him happy and give him a chance to try out for the team and prove his stuff. The point of sending him to the CHL is to aid his development. They aren't one in the same step that occur simultaneously. I'm just saying it's a possibility that I think people are overlooking. You don't know on the day he is signing the ELC whether he is NHL ready, AHL ready or needs another year of amateur seasoning.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I just think people aren't really thinking through this in depth. The point of signing him is to keep him happy and give him a chance to try out for the team and prove his stuff. The point of sending him to the CHL is to aid his development. They aren't one in the same step that occur simultaneously. I'm just saying it's a possibility that I think people are overlooking. You don't know on the day he is signing the ELC whether he is NHL ready, AHL ready or needs another year of amateur seasoning.
It comes off as Canadian nationalism because that's what it is.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I've been on record in saying I want Levshunov to spend another year in college. He's jumped 3 levels in 3 years while learning 3 different systems and adjusting to NA ice in an entirely different country. Let the kid season his game more.

Do I think he can be one and done like a Noah Hanifin was and be fine in the NHL? Absolutely (hell he had a better college freshman year than Hanifin did) but there is nothing wrong with him staying cooked in the oven sort of speak either like alot of kids did prior (Power, Makar, both Hughes bros, McAvoy, Werenski, etc) But then again I wanted Korchinski to stay another year in the WHL the year prior and to me Levshunov is more NHL ready than he was so what do I know.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Funny thing is all this talk about Levshunov "shrinking" cuz he's 6'1.75 (which is essentially 6'2) Zeev Buium is the one who measured in at 6'0 flat... and he was listed at 6'1-6'2 in alot of places including his DU page.
Everyone knew Buium wasn’t 6-2. Buium himself laughed at it during the season when Denver listed him there.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I've been on record in saying I want Levshunov to spend another year in college. He's jumped 3 levels in 3 years while learning 3 different systems and adjusting to NA ice in an entirely different country. Let the kid season his game more.

Do I think he can be one and done like a Noah Hanifin was and be fine in the NHL? Absolutely (hell he had a better college freshman year than Hanifin did) but there is nothing wrong with him staying cooked in the oven sort of speak either like alot of kids did prior (Power, Makar, both Hughes bros, McAvoy, Werenski, etc) But then again I wanted Korchinski to stay another year in the WHL the year prior and to me Levshunov is more NHL ready than he was so what do I know.
Having him go back for one more year of college is absolutely the right play imo. Sign him after his season finishes and give him a shot in the NHL for a few games to close the season before letting him try to earn a spot in training camp the following year.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium