NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Or Helenius above Silayev. Silayev is soft, no offence, good skater. Russian factor. Reminds me of Chabot, but better defensively. Would not quarterback a power play. Will be drafted 10-15.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Would anyone do
for
14 + 33 + 42 from the sharks?
That’s one I would think long and hard about, because I’m looking at Solberg above Parekh and Yakemchuk.

Lowest ceiling without a doubt, both those guys can absolutely hit a home run. But I absolutely love what Solberg brings to the table.

Then you are able to get 2 other guys you undoubtedly have in your top 20-25 for the Sens.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'd stick with the quality over quantity. 14 is outside the range I would move down to.
For me 14 guarantees us one of these 14 guys below:
Macklin, demidov, levshunov, buium, silayev, dickinson, parekh, yakemchuk, iginla, catton, lindstrom, Eiserman, sennecke, helenius

For me that feels to be right where the tier drops off at 15, but obviously 7 gets you better than 14. I would probably do it to add two early 2nds.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
For me 14 guarantees us one of these 14 guys below:
Macklin, demidov, levshunov, buium, silayev, dickinson, parekh, yakemchuk, iginla, catton, lindstrom, Eiserman, sennecke, helenius

For me that feels to be right where the tier drops off at 15, but obviously 7 gets you better than 14. I would probably do it to add two early 2nds.

I'm not a big fan of that late first, early 2nd range, so I'd rather keep 7 and take someone we're really targeting, versus taking whatever's left.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm not a big fan of that late first, early 2nd range, so I'd rather keep 7 and take someone we're really targeting, versus taking whatever's left.
I get that, and i do think theres a noteworthy difference betweent he guy at 7 and the guy at 14.

I could see sens making that deal on draft day if the first 6 go a direction they dont like and they're fairly indifferent between whats left.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
It's such a deep draft. At 14, a player like Yakemchuk or Helenius might still be there. And then there's some intriguing names in the 40s as well. I would drop back and gather as many picks as I could if it were me running the show.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I suspect if the Sens move back to 12 or even 14 it's because they think they can get either Yakemchuk or Solberg at that spot.

Made it obvious I wouldn't like Yakemchuk at 7 but at 12/14 he's an ok pick, even if he wouldn't be my BPA on the board.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Yakemchuk
Vs
Solberg

Who you like? I don't know shit about Solberg 🤔

Do we think someone is gonna drop to 12?
Philly needs a goalie, we need to dump one

Could sennecke//saliyev//Dickinson be there at 12?

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I know we need a big fish, but our line of prospects are so thin because of poor asset management, that it would be nice to acquire a few other picks here.

I'm not happy with Boucher, but at least we used it on a player. The DBC and chychrun ones were so unnecessary but, again, we got something out of it (but significant worse than where we could be). The Vegas situation is the cherry and it f***s us up.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I know we need a big fish, but our line of prospects are so thin because of poor asset management, that it would be nice to acquire a few other picks here.

I'm not happy with Boucher, but at least we used it on a player. The DBC and chychrun ones were so unnecessary but, again, we got something out of it (but significant worse than where we could be). The Vegas situation is the cherry and it f***s us up.
I hope andlauer is lobbying the league to overturn the stupid decision on Daddy's paperwork error.

Bullshit that no one in the Knights org knew he had an NTC. Most of us here knew about it. Why is there no responsibility on them to do basic f***ing research that anyone with access to capfriendly could do?

Either just overturn it or compensate the knights with a new #33 pick they create out of thin air. Vegas should be happy they get that rather than an investigation into whether they knew about the NTC and sketchily tried to f*** over dadonov by feigning ignorance and trading him anyways.

Or even better. Maybe the NHL should grow up and take basic responsibility for not having the safeguards in place to stop amateur hour paperwork mistakes like this from happening.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I hope andlauer is lobbying the league to overturn the stupid decision on Daddy's paperwork error.

Bullshit that no one in the Knights org knew he had an NTC. Most of us here knew about it. Why is there no responsibility on them to do basic f***ing research that anyone with access to capfriendly could do?

Either just overturn it or compensate the knights with a new #33 pick they create out of thin air. Vegas should be happy they get that rather than an investigation into whether they knew about the NTC and sketchily tried to f*** over dadonov by feigning ignorance and trading him anyways.

Or even better. Maybe the NHL should grow up and take basic responsibility for not having the safeguards in place to stop amateur hour paperwork mistakes like this from happening.
Because it had nothing to do with him having a NTC, it had to do with Vegas and the NHL being told that the NTC was null and void because it wasn't submitted by Dadonov on an official trade call. It was an Ottawa mistake, not an NHL mistake

Vegas isn't getting any pick in return.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad