• Misyul, Daniil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vilen, Topias

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
What center prospect do the Devils have? I noticed it's limited... I hope Bowers isn't considered their number-one center prospect.

Reactions: Hisch13r

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I went with Casey...

i-dont-believe-you.gif

1721245175864.png

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Nemec add Stillman.

Anyone look at PuckPedia to check out the organization? Look at some of the UFA forwards?

It's 2020 all over.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
This one is too obvious.

Just for funsies, let’s say Nemec was also just drafted along with Silayev…who would go first here?

I think we’d think Silayev has the higher ceiling, and in some ways, also has a higher floor, but Nemec has a better average in that even though Silayev might have a “safer” floor, Nemec is more likely to be top 4?

I don’t know. Hard to remove what we already know about Nemec. We’re lucky to be so loaded with such high end talent.
I like pre draft Nemec more than pre draft Silayev.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
This one is too obvious.

Just for funsies, let’s say Nemec was also just drafted along with Silayev…who would go first here?

I think we’d think Silayev has the higher ceiling, and in some ways, also has a higher floor, but Nemec has a better average in that even though Silayev might have a “safer” floor, Nemec is more likely to be top 4?

I don’t know. Hard to remove what we already know about Nemec. We’re lucky to be so loaded with such high end talent.
For people who wouldn’t have seen them both play multiple times.

We would have the good tools and amazing production in a non-standard league in Nemec.

Vs

The incredible physical tools and amazing age adjusted production in a good league with lacking age comparables.

————————-

So I think online it would just be people picking out the components they think matter more or who their trusted resources are. They’d both have their promoters and detractors.

I do think Nemec had a narrower range of outcome than Silayev does.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh that wasn't me that was My evil twin Xirlk, nasty awfulf Xirlk. there should be a punishment.

monty-python-spank.gif

I Think I watched the Holy grail to many times..o_O
When my youngest was about 6 i had to go to his school and explain why he reenacted the burn the witch scene. His oldest brother is almost 8 years ahead of him and that sort of thing happened.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Chop chop Nubmer6

hurry-hurry-up.gif

I think the Devils lose his rights in August but as of right now I think Artem Shlaine is our top Center prospect.

Shlaine is starting his 5th year in the NCAA with his 3rd team. That's what I said. The Devils don't have one.

They have centers drafted, but none are playing in their system worth a damn. The most recent draftees were shocking selections when better were available. There chance of making it to the NHL are huge against them.

List any others and tell me who among them will even become a top level AHL center. Currently only Bowers is in the AHL. He's on an NHL 2-way, but he's not a NJ prospect/hopeful. He will never be a regular NHL center for any NHL franchise. We are hoping he can be something of value in Utica this season, but that hope is up in the air. You've seen him. Posts from Jersey fans on this site have not been nice to him.

There are no NJ center prospects in Utica or Adirondack.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
What center prospect do the Devils have? I noticed it's limited... I hope Bowers isn't considered their number-one center prospect.

Other than Salminen, who could still be something after transferring to Denver (much like Anaheim's Sam Colangelo earned an ELC after leaving Northeastern for Western Michigan), the top center prospects might be Graham and Melovsky from this year's draft.

The DevilsInsiders guys had a lot of nice things to say about Melovsky at development camp but he is a 20-year-old and two years older than most of the players who were there.

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad